Chapter 13

Rebel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A wave of nausea hit me and I felt like my breakfast would soon say hello again.

But I had to put this feeling aside because I have no idea what the hell happened just a moment ago.

One second I was in a brothel chased by a lot of angry government officials and the next second I was standing in a forest I have never seen before with five boys three of them drunk as and the other two apparently had superpowers and were part of the group I searched for.

 Another wave of nausea hit me this time worse than before.

 If someone would notice if I disappeared behind a tree real quick?

 But I didn’t get to move as a foreign voice spoke up.

“It gets better after a few minutes. You react a lot better than me when I first teleported. I couldn’t hold my food in and felt sick for a few days.”

 I looked up. My eyes widened as I saw that it was Kai who spoke. So he wasn’t a mute as I thought… 

He had a light grin on his face as if he was not sure how to act towards me.

 I grinned back to reassure him.

“It’s already better thank you. So do you always get sick if you teleport?”

 He now full on smiled at me. “Much to my luck it gets better with every time and I almost don’t feel it nowadays.”

His smile was adorable it somehow reminded me of a little boy almost like ….

No! This is not the right time to think about that! The sound of someone throwing up pulled me out of my thoughts.

I seriously was never so happy that a guy threw up on my shoes.  

But that feeling only lasted until the sickening smell reached my nose and the knowledge that this smell would stick to me until we got back to the headquarters.

I looked down on the mess on my shoes and then to the boy who looked as if he would throw up a second time. 

I foresightful shoved Jungkook a bit so that nothing got on my shoes this time.

 “I think alcohol and teleportation isn’t such a good combination.”

Kai said this so flatly that I had to laugh after a short while he started to laugh too and it was as if we had known each other for a long time.

Almost as if we were long lost friends.

Then it hit me. He was able to teleport!

Kim Jongin

Power: Teleportation

He too was one of my targets! Today has to be my lucky day!

I remembered the mess on my shoes. Well mostly… Being overly euphoric I grabbed Kai’s arm and squeezed it a bit.

He flinched backwards and looked at me with fearful eyes.

He stumbled away from me and someone grabbed my wrist roughly.

“Don’t touch him!” Luhan looked furiously at me.

 It was the same gaze he used on the man in the brothel and I felt goosebumps on my arms.

 “I-I-I am sorry I-I didn’t knew .. t-t-that”

Luhan sighed. “It’s okay you had no way of knowing. I overreacted a bit. I should apologize.”

 I just nodded and  looked over to Kai who’s eyes were still filled with fear.

An awkward silence hovered over us . Suddenly Jungkook grabbed Luhan’s collar.

 “How dare you to treat Minhi like that?”

 Well his reaction was a little late but I had to admit that it was a tiny bit cute.

 Luhan on the other hand looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

“I already apologized so there is no need to grab me like that.” Jungkook grabbed him harder and spoke with a dangerous voice.

“I don’t care! No one treats Minhi like that. I am going to..”

His threat was interrupted by him throwing up on, well you can imagine.

Silence… I burst out in laughter. Oh my I don’t know why this is so funny but I just couldn’t stop laughing.

 Surprisingly Luhan joined me after throwing me a playful annoyed gaze.

  The awkward atmosphere was gone but Kai still stood in a great distance from me. ..

 Juneo and Yejun  were still knocked out and leaned against a tree.

“So where are we? Because I for my part would like to take a shower.”

And a bed so I could finally get my sleep!

 “I think we are near the moonlight district.”

I sighed well that wasn’t that far away from the HQ but with the two unconscious men and another one who couldn’t walk straight it would take at least half an hour to get there.

Besides the fact that we had to stay unnoticed by the GP (Government Police). 

Normally it wasn’t that hard but with the handicap we had it wouldn’t be that easy.

 And there was no way we could fight them in our state. But the thought of my bed gave me enough strength.

 “Okay it is about half an hour walk from here. The problem is I don’t know how to get out of this forest after we reach the Moonlight district I know the way. “

 “I know the way out.” Kai spoke without looking at me and as I smiled a bit at him he lowered his gaze.

 

 I must have shocked him with my touch.

 

 I felt a twinge I hope I can somehow make it up to him. I hope that he will trust me someday. 

Luhan laid a hand on my shoulder. “It will get better. He just needs time to get used to you.”

 I nodded sadly. “I hope so…”  

 

The whole way I tried to steal glances at Kai and smile at him but he avoided my gaze every time and silently showed us the way out.

 As we got out of the forest I turned to him to thank him but he already took Juneo’s arm over his shoulder and ignored me.

I was a bit hurt and at the same time I felt sorry to have touched him.

 Luhan gave me a reassuring squeeze on my arm.

I is strange I only knew whim for a few hours but he already had an extremely calming a reassuring effect on me.

When he was near I felt calm and as if all my worries washed away.

 It was frightening but in a way I kind of liked it. I had the urge to hug him but that would probably shock him and I already created enough damage with my impulsive actions today.

 Luhan went to Kai’s side and started talking to him. Those two were way more than friends not in a romantic way more like brothers.

We made it to the HQ without getting caught but I could feel the fatigue lying heavy on my shoulders and making my legs heavy.

But my bed had to wait for another while.

First I had to report the newcomers to the Elder I hope that he doesn’t stab me this time.

 I am still hocked that he did that. Sure he is a bit cold but that is because he is the Leader of an army and he is met with a lot of corruption and people who want to betray him.

 I never thought that he would go as far as stabbing me out of the blue just to tell me that my actions were stupid and could have affected all of us.

  My head hurts I just want to get over with it and go to sleep. I gave them a sign to follow me, said hello to the guard explained the situation and told him to make a call to the Elder.

We just got into the HQ as I was almost tackled by someone.

“Where were you?!”

Before I could see the persons face or answer his question he took me by the shoulders and shock me.

“What are you thinking? Disappearing i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter