Chapter 17

Rebel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ok change of plans! No black market today, but I have to do something for the Elder. So see you later.”

 I tried to walk away quickly, hoping to escape their questioning.

But apparently life decided to hate me and I was stopped by Kai who appeared in front of me.

Why do I train their powers again? Oh yeah right so they save our asses…

“Kai please I really have to go.”

 He wordlessly shook his head at me.

Ugh! Why do they have to be so stubborn?!

 “Look, it’s really nothing special just a little errand for the Elder. The only thing that could happen to me is that I trip over a rock.”

 He still didn’t budge. Baekhyun, Lay and Luhan joined him and formed a little wall in front of me.

It’s not like I wasn’t able to go through them but I would prefer them letting me pass.

“I think you should take one of us with you.”

 Lay had this look on his face that indicated that every arguing was pointless.

Seriously when dis they get the picture me as a damsel in distress?

 Are they surprising the memory of me saving their asses?

Apparently because the discussion wasn’t over yet.

“I am perfectly able to defend myself. I have been trained all my life for this and some simple errand is a piece of cake. You would only make it difficult for me because you are unexperienced.”

“But we will never get experience if you don’t wake us with you.”

Baekhyun tried to reason with me and even put on puppy eyes.

 Usually I was immune to this kind of persuasion but I somehow had the urge to squeal and cuddle him.

Damn it! That was something I had to work on.

 “And it could be a good field training for our powers. They may be even of help for you.”

Ok so Luhan tried to reason with me. Together these boys could convince somebody to run around the streets and even see a deeper meaning in it.

I sighed one last time.

 

“If something happens I want you to teleport away immediately. No trying to take me with you!”

The boy next to me nodded reluctantly but knew that it was one of the conditions for him to come with me. 

“It’s just a simple errand task. These kind of missions are usually carried out by lower rank soldiers. There are of course some instances where other people are sent. If the item is extremely valuable or the acquiring of it is difficult.  These missions are great to train stealth abilities and getting to know the city more. You will probably not be sent to these kind of missions alone as they give no benefit to your powers and will only get you in danger.”

 We were currently in a narrow alley trying to stay out of the GP’s eyes.

The number of patrolling GP’s has increased drastically since I last visited the city.

The government probably was getting more cautious of the rebels as our attacks on governmental institutions increased.

 “And only use your powers if absolutely necessary, you still don’t have much control over it and it could only cause more damage.”

Kai nodded. He was really an odd boy.

He almost didn’t speak and if he did it held a lot of meaning.

 It was as if he saved his words, like he was afraid to waste them.

 He was still a mystery to me and I was far from understanding him fully.

Our destination wasn’t far away from the alley we were currently in but there were at least a dozen GP’s between us and the run-down building.

 I really don’t want to know what kind of substance it was that I had to get for the Elder.

 I scanned the area again. Okay we should make it without having to kill any of the GP’s.

Well I could make it, I wasn’t so sure about Kai.

He had absolute no field experience. And his single training session would hardly help him.

 I knew it was a crappy idea taking one of them with me.

But I had to make the best out of the situation and try to not get any of us killed.

There was a certain pattern in the GP’s movements.

The government trained them to be almost robot like so that they have almost no emotions left and only concentrate on killing the enemies of the government.

The only thing they didn’t pay attention to was that they are now extremely predictable.

 After figuring out their pattern I gave Kai a sign to follow me.

We made it across the street without alarming any of them and I felt like the weight of the world fell from my shoulders as we stepped into the building.

Kai looked at me and I saw in his eyes that he was equally relived.

 I smiled at him and as he smiled back it was as if we could communicate without words it was a mutual understanding that I never felt before. I think we will become really good friends.

 I think Kai thought the same because he lifted his hand and I gave him a high five.

 It may seem like nothing special but to Kai it was and I appreciate it a lot.

“We should go up now before the GP’s get the idea to patrol through the buildings.”

We climbed the stairs and once again I became painfully aware of miserable living conditions most of the population had to endure.

The walls were full of mildew and I could see the water seeping through.

There was litter and dirt everywhere.

Almost no windows were whole and the doors to the rooms hung loosely in their anchorage.

  Parts of the stairs were missing and the balustrade was hardly intact.

It reeked of sweat and foulness. The saddest thing about it all was that this wasn’t even the worst.

There were far worse areas in the city.

 

Kai PoV

“How can the government allow things like this? No matter how inhumane they are they shouldn’t allow people to live like this.”

 Her voice was full of desperation and it was the first time I saw some the little girl in her.

 The one who was not ready to face the world yet, the one who just couldn’t understand, but wanted to change the world so desperately.

 I looked at her and could see the saddens and frustration seeping out of her eyes.

“Because they can, because no one will punish them for their wrong doings. They play God and decide over peopled lives, and they will not change because they will never be able to understand the true meaning of being human.”

 “But there has to be a way to change this!”

 I lifted my hand to pat her head but let it fall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter