Chapter 7

Rebel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhi Pov

Every step hurt but I had to keep it in until I was in my room.

You had to seem strong and unable to injure if you wanted that the people here showed you respect. I looked behind me and saw that Lay eyed the guard before as if he wanted to make sure he meant no harm. 

Eunji clutched his arm in a way that must be painful. I could understand their suspicion.

 

 I mean they never saw any of the rebels, well at least they thought they didn’t and it was mostly unlikely that they came in contact with many weapons while they were in the circus.

 I made eye contact with Lay trying to reassure him that there was no harm and he could relax.

Something about him intrigued me. He was calm and hasn’t said much since we fled out of the circus but he made me want to know him better and there was a strange trust towards him that irritated me.

I don’t have trust issues or something but it was very unusual to trust a person you just met.

I decided to think about that later, what was more important now was bringing the two of them to the Elder safely and not being beheaded after breaking the news to him.

He surely wouldn’t be too pleased with two new members who had no combat experience nor had I any prove that they were trustworthy people.

 I can’t just go in there and say that they weren’t dangerous and that that fact was based on my instinct.  I would be dead after my meeting with the Elder.

 After the guard finished talking in his walkie-talkie he saluted and stepped out of the way.

I gave him a nod and we continued making our way into the headquarters.

The nearer we got to the central the sweatier my hand became.

I knew what would happen if I told the elder but to be honest I would rather receive a serve punishment than leaving these people.

  Eunji and Lay who still walked behind her, stared at everything around them in awe.

 All this must be new to them. You never really experience things outside your caste.

 You are born in a certain cast and you die there. You are not supposed to build connections to other casts regardless if they are below or higher than you.

 So all this must seem like a whole new world to them.

 She heard the noise of the train coming in and Eunji and Lay began looking around unable to locate the source of the sound. Lay’s eyes doubled in size as he saw the incoming train.

 “What is this?!”

 She had to chuckle lightly at his amazed but also slightly scared voice.

“It’s called a ‘train’. We use it to move in between the different parts of the Headquarters and our other fulcrums. Well as long as there are rails there are many isolated fulcrums we can only reach by foot or some other really cool things. I am going to show you them when we have the time but now you have to go on the train, we have no time to lose.”

 Lay eyed the train warily but got on after a few seconds.

 Eunji was another thing I had to almost shove her in.

“It would be the best if you sit down quickly. I don’t want you to fall flat on your face.”

 I said teasingly, slightly amused by the way they acted as if this was some magical thingy.

 Lay shot me a playful offended look that quickly turned into a smile.

 After the train reached its destination we got off and halted in front of the huge iron gates which separated the central from the rest of the headquarters.

“What is going to happen now?”

Lay’s voice was calm but there was a hint of nervousness and uneasiness present in his voice.

“You don’t have to worry I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter