Chapter 1

Rebel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With quick steps a girl dressed in all black crossed through the seemingly abandoned subway station.

Her whole body was tense as she entered one of the few subways that still existed in Seoul.

Ice cold wind blew through the shattered windows of the train and she wrapped her arms around herself to keep the bit of body heat she had left after running around in the cold for the last few hours.  

The train drove in an amazing speed so the world outside the train was a blur.

Every now and then she saw the blurred colors of graffiti which were sprayed on the tunnel walls.

In the past this was the heart of Seoul. Every station people would exit and enter the train, there would be silent laughter and whispering everywhere.

She closed her eyes and tried to imagine the heat that radiated from the hundreds of people who stood crowed in the train.

If she listened closely she could hear the faint cry of a baby and the giggling of a group of teenage girls, but then a cold blow of wind hit her and the illusion was over.

How she wished she could experience everything she read in the countless books she secretly snatched from the library that contained wonderful stories about the time before the war.

How she wished these stories were true.

But now there was nothing left from the colorful and lively world the stories described. In the world she lived in, the world after the war the underground was owned by the rebels.

The rebels are the only ones the government can’t destroy because as the government was still at its beginning and consisted of a lot of people with different views and opinions the rebels were already perfectly organized and  took over the underground.

 They were a lot and consisted of experienced veterans and young passionate men and woman who desired a new world, a world where everybody had a right to live.

Soon they became a force the government couldn’t destroy.

Since four years they fought a dead lock war and there was no sign that any side would win soon but the rebels decreased in number so they started to form special units who were almost impossible to defeat.

And the petite girl who still had her arms wrapped around herself was Lee Minhi, leader of unit 001 consisting of the best soldiers the rebels could offer.

With a jolt the train stopped at its final destination and Minhi got up and exited t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter