A Gift (c)

YEWOOK Collections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook was sitting inside his class, cursed a bit since he had to come to the school early and found no one inside. he remembered that he already finished every homework last night so he didn’t need to do the rest this morning. as he turned into his second year, he had to admit that he didn’t know most of his friends cause he didn’t like to go out and choose to do more study. He was a smart student, usually picked to follow some competitions outside between each school around Gangnam districts. His name was popular but he remained like normal student, tried his best to be friend with everyone without looking they were smart or not.

His mother used to tell him that he couldn’t make everyone like his presence, cause in this world there will always be hate and love. Ryeowook didn’t agree and stayed to be nice to every single student, tried to prove that what his mother said wasn’t true.

“hi, Joongki-ah.. good morning..”

“aaah morning, Ryeowook-ah.. have you finished the homework?”

“yep.. I finished them all.. have you?”

“I haven’t finished mathematic.. can I borrow your book?”

“sure.. on my desk.. I’ll walk around..”

“thanks, Ryeowook-ah.. you’re the best..”

Ryeowook walked out from his class, turned left to see all second year classes and he found out the behind every class, a basketball yard appeared. “woooaaaah, it’s so cool.. [looked around] it’s… oooh! [spotted something] why he’s playing basket alone so early?” as he kept staring at that someone, he realized he couldn’t find any names in his head, felt like he was unfamiliar with the face on the yard. who is he by the way? how could he plays so well? he keeps shooting to the net and the ball goes in easily…

As Ryeowook couldn’t move his eyes to the man who was playing the ball with his hands, the well-built body on the field turned to see him. he froze in sudden, as the black sharp eyes fell to his, Ryeowook didn’t know what to do but looked to another direction. He tried to have a quick look once again but that eagle eyes hadn’t leave him alone. His lips mumbled to himself, I should walk away from here as soon as possible.. God.. what I’ve done?– and then took few steps backward before continuing to explore the left side of the school.

That man is weird.. how could he didn’t say a word and keep staring at me? we don’t even know each other.. it’s not like I’m a spy who’s spying on the way he plays, right? [sighed] such a weird guy! think I should be careful after this…

 

It was 7.20 am and he knew he should be back to his class, so Ryeowook was in a hurry turned his direction back to all the way he passed by. He was about to take a left turn when a bigger body bumped into him and Ryeowook was fell backward. But before his body kissed the floor, a hand touched the back side of his head, covered it carefully. He heard someone hissed and took a while before he realized a face was just left close gap from his face. Ryeowook blinked twice, then asked himself, he’s the weird man on basketball yard I saw few minutes ago right? why he’s here? is he following me?

“hey… [moved aside] are you okay?”

Nodded slowly, Ryeowook whispered, “yes.. what about you? are you okay? guess I’m hurting you..”

Both of them separated, sat close to each other on the floor, cleaned themselves and he said, “I’m fine.. [turned his palm] just some scratches.. I’m fine..”

“why you did that? I mean… why were you covering my head with your hand?”

“your head is important.. don’t you know that?”

“your hand is important too.. [touched Jongwoon’s hand] see? you’re hurting yourself.. [pouted] I’m sorry..”

Smiled friendly, he said, “it’s okay… it heals.. I’m Yesung by the way.. third year.. you?”

“aaaah sorry… I’m Ryeowook.. second year.. [stared at the eyes] Yesung? your name is Yesung?”

“yes… why? something wrong with that?”

“it’s not your real name, right? you can’t be born with that name..”

“well.. but it’s my name, believe it or not.. [stood up] let’s get back to our classes.. everyone is here..”

“okay.. thank you so much, hyungnim..”

“nice to meet you, Ryeowook..”

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Ryeowook went back to the class, followed every single subject until a week passed and he forgot already about the encounter with his senior. he’d been told by the teachers to follow biology competition with some fellows of his second year colleagues. Along with Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Joongki and Hongki, they were the representatives for science competition but each of them took a different major. Since biology had been taken, Kyuhyun took mathematic, Sungmin chose chemistry, Joongki picked physic and Hongki was the one who still stuck between mathematic and chemistry.

They were sitting inside the library, waiting the teachers who would guide them while studying the books they brought. Ryeowook took his own table near to where Kyuhyun sat, his eyes fixed on the book while his lips mumbling to every sentence he read. He didn’t know someone from other side of the library had his eyes on him cause he was too busy remembering some biology theories. He didn’t move until Kyuhyun threw a small crumple on his table, made him looked up and talked slowly. “what?”

Whispered, Kyuhyun answered, “someone is watching you.. eleven o’clock from where you sit.. [smirked] he looks gorgeous..”

Ryeowook took a back, had his eyes back on his book for some seconds before he tried normally to look around. slowly, he had his eyes on 11 o’clock direction and found someone was really staring at him. his breath stopped as his eyes widened, immediately forced his sight back to the book. God.. it’s him again.. that weird basketball man.. what is he doing here? what’s his name once again? Ye… Yesung? [smiled to the book] aaah yes.. it’s Yesung!

Then, a loud voice made Ryeowook looked up. “yaaah.. Jongwoon-ah… Mr. Jungsoo wants you to guide biology team.. I’m going to go with chemistry..”

Smiled, the guy that’d been called with Jongwoon replied, “thanks, Youngwoon-ah.. should we sit together with our junior now?”

“I guess so.. [stood up and asked to people around] okay.. who’s taking chemistry here?”

Ryeowook saw Sungmin raise his hand and the guy with a big body headed to that direction. They were shaking hands and in sudden both of the guys involved in serious conversation. He went back to where the man that said his name was Yesung but his friend called him with Jongwoon, their eyes tangled. He smiled awkwardly and the other guy smiled back at him, then the guy stood up and walked toward where he sat. Ryeowook could feel his heart stopped beating. God… I’m so screwed.

“hi… [smiled] may I sit down here?”

“sure.. please..”

“you’re taking biology? [Ryeowook nodded] well.. I’ll guide you till the end.. don’t worry.. we should get the trophy..”

“so all this time you got trophies for our school?”

“yes.. you may say that.. [smiled] by the way.. my name is Jongwoon.. Kim Jongwoon..”

“but you said your name is Yesung the first time we met.. mmm, around a week ago.. or more..”

“aaaah… about that.. [smiled in disguise] let just forget while I’m here, okay? now we should talk more about biology.. [Ryeowook agreed] let’s start, shall we?”

“okay.. okay..”

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Days by days passed, Ryeowook and Jongwoon became the best team until the junior was so ready to face the competition. He followed all biology classes for addition, made him had to leave the school around 7 PM every Wednesday and Thursday. he didn’t mind at all cause felt so bless with the supports from the school so he could manage to follow all the classes while preparing for the competition.

He was the last person who left Biology class that Thursday night and went straight to the gate. He stopped when he heard a ball being dribbled on the basketball court and smiled. aaaaah… Jongwoonnie hyung is playing basket now? guess I should say hi to him.. Ryeowook brought his feet to the field, climbed down the rock stairs and stood there for a while. he stayed silent like he was watching a talent show when the guy with messy black hair dribbled the ball and did the lay up to put the ball in the basket. He almost screamed in happiness when the ball went in easily then he decided to go inside the ring to tell what he had in his heart.

Claps from left side of the field made Yesung looked up and he couldn’t recognize the face cause it was a bit too dark on the way to where he stood. He united the brows, brought his hand to covered his eyes to get a better vision of a presence that slowly entering the field. He froze, looked around when finally found it was the cute guy he bumped into weeks ago when he had to change his clothes before the bell rang. ! it’s Ryeowook.. what is he doing here? what should I do? oh God… He was too busy with his mind when he heard the light pure voice talked to him.

“hi Jongwoon hyung.. I just finished biology class few minutes ago.. you really can play basketball, hyung.. it’s amazing to see how you play with the ball.. I–“

“are you done? Then you should go home.. it’s night already.. why are you even be here?”

Ryeowook’s face changed, he confused as in sudden his senior became too cold cause Jongwoon used to be so warm when they were in the middle of tutoring and always put a smile on his lips. He knew he should have known better about all the basketball players since the school was privately build for boys only. but Ryeowook didn’t interested on any physical activities since he wasn’t too strong enough to do some. He took a step backward.

“wh… why are you like this? today we studied biology together.. so I can’t talk to you when you’re playing basketball?”

But his senior silenced, didn’t spill a single word, instead he dribbled the ball again and put it into the basket.

Ryeowook was still there, shocked with the second encounters he had with that cool guy –which according to what his brain told him on the field, and his senior changed. He still couldn’t stop thinking about it but found dead end, failed to spot words he wanted to say. he was about to talk but then he heard the other guy talked to him first.

“just go, would you? you really disturbing me here.. please..”

Ryeowook didn’t want to be told off twice, pushed the bag on his shoulder again and walked out immediately. Damn it, he cursed inside as he left the field, never thought he’d experienced this humiliation. He decided not to receive any more advices or helps from this senior and he would tell him tomorrow. he went home with so much hates inside and one thought stayed so well in his heart. I hate you Kim Jongwoon! I really hate you!

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Morning came, Ryeowook was really lazy to go to school since he had another tutorial with Kim Jongwoon again and today he didn’t want it to be happen. he entered the big bricks gate of his high school but as he was about to take a step forward, a hand grabbed him and pulled him into a wide chest. He couldn’t see anything but a white shirt and heard his own breath through it. he could feel a hand his hair while the other touched his back, then he heard, “forgive me for what I said last night… I don’t know what’s gotten into me.. I was so angry.. I… I… [pulled away] would you forgive me, Ryeowook?”

There he was, staring at the sharp black eagle eyes again but different feeling he got when he was with Jongwoon. he wanted to know what was hidden inside those brilliant black diamonds while all he could find was misery. He saw those thin lips were smiling and the expression changed into someone friendly, that was when he realized the one who stood in front of him wasn't his senior who always taught him new things about biology. Then he smiled in return and said, “okay.. I forgive you.. but please don’t send me away again.. I like to watch you play…”

“I won’t.. but…” Then he stopped, didn’t continue what he wanted to say, then left Ryeowook alone after he brought his bag back to his shoulder.

Ryeowook froze, watched him leaving before he took steps to go inside and follow all the classes.

 

When the clock hit 1 PM, Ryeowook knew he had to go to the library again for another tutorial cause biology competition would be held next week. He couldn’t focus on what he was reading cause his thoughts went to what happened this morning.

How could he changed to a cold one after he gave me those friendly smiles? How could he left me alone before he finish what he had to say? why I feel I’m facing two different characters when he was with me at the library and when he was on the field? Why? is he hiding something from me? wha–

“good afternoon, junior.. how are you today? [sat in front of Ryeowook] I feel good today.. I got two invitations from KAIST and Kyunghee.. still don’t know which one I should choose..”

Ryeowook stayed silence while his eyes staring at Jongwoon, didn’t give any comment for what he said. see? now he’s acting friendly again.. even this morning he…

“hey… what you have in mind? why are you so quiet today?”

“then why are you so friendly? You were so cold to me last night.. and this morning… you–“

“what? this morning what?”

“you left! hyung.. you left me! you haven’t finished what need to say.. God.. and now you’re acting that everything okay? what is wrong with you honestly?”

Jongwoon sighed, didn’t answer the questions  but his face changed to something, annoyed –? Then he stood up, leaned forward before he whispered, “I guess I can’t give you a tutorial today..” before he left Ryeowook.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Since that day, Ryeowook was working alone in remembering everything about biology even new idioms he had to find on the few last chapters of the book he had to study. He never met Jongwoon again even after additional class, he still could hear the ball dribbled on the field before he left the school. he once forced his feet went to the very far side of the court just to see the man who played the basketball alone. He was already happy even he knew he was invisible cause believe it or not, Ryeowook loved the way his senior played.

He prepared everything, books-tissue and a blue shirt, into his bag before he excused himself to his mother who kissed him a good luck. He’d been told that the transportation to Seoul Library Hall would be from the school as a support and the driver would deliver Ryeowook to the place. he got a hug from the headmaster and biology teacher, Ha Donghoon who always accompanied him on additional class. then before 9 AM, he left the school nervously and wished everything would be fine.

Then he arrived there and suddenly felt so alone when he saw the other schools were coming full with all the supporters. He was just there with his teacher and a school driver who knew nothing about the competition. He sighed, a hand hug his shoulder and he heard a man talked to him. “fighting, Ryeowook-ah.. even though we have no one on our side but I know you’re the best here.. you followed every additional class and could answer thirty questions under three minutes.. you’re my best representative for biology I have so far..”

Ryeowook smiled, “thank you, sir.. I just I won’t let you down.. I’ll do my best inside..”

“okay.. do your best for our school, okay?”

“I promise..”

 

Ryeowook couldn’t believe he achieved the highest score until the third part of the competition which left one section to reveal the final winner. When his teacher went closer to give him a bottle of water and a bread, he spotted someone gorgeous outside. he tried to stare outside with high focus, felt his heart full with blossom roses when he saw Kim Jongwoon came to support him with his black shirt and eagles eyes that hidden behind the black frame. when their eyes tangled, he forgot that there were so many people outside and happiness lingered. He heard the bell rang loudly and it was a sign to start the last section of the competition, but this time Ryeowook was so determined to win the title.

Twenty minutes in race to answer the questions, Ryeowook was leading for the score and until the final question, he was the leader between him and the competitors. He couldn’t wait to see his senior outside and said thank you for his unsaid support –just because he was standing outside without saying a word. He got so many hand-shakes from his competitors, teachers until those who asked him the questions for the last two hours. Happiness written all over his face cause he also forgot about bad things he had with someone he used to meet on basketball  court.

He walked outside, looked left and right before he popped out of the crowd but he couldn’t find Jongwoon. Ryeowook sighed, his heart shrink in sudden and forgot about the title he just achieved when a single tear fell. Where are you, Jongwoon hyung? once you appear and then you disappear like a wind… you’re really unpredictable.. turned around, he took his bag and two thick books into his left arm, then he took steps to leave the room. but then he heard his name called behind him and he faced the owner of the voice.

“sir…”

Bought Ryeowook into his hug, his teacher caressed his back. “I’m proud of you, son.. you’re making our school proud..”

“it’s nothing, sir.. I love biology and this is I can do with what I like..”

“you really did your best in there..”

Smiling, Ryeowook said, “that’s what I should do, sir.. I don’t want to lose in biology..”

“you’re the man, son.. let’s bring this happy news to the school..”

Not far from where Ryeowook stood with his teacher, someone was smiling bitterly. He was too happy with what his second junior got but also sad when he wished someone else came around. He leaned on the tree, sighed and mumbled, “guess I should know where I belong.. I would never beat Kim Jongwoon… even… even it was me the first one who saw you..”

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

“I wanted to meet you after I finished everything back there.. but you disappeared too fast.. did you got something to do?”

“huh? what? What do you mean, Ryeowook?”

Ryeowook stared at the man who sat in front of him in confusion. “you were there, right? At the final last minutes.. you smiled at me.. you gave me strength.. and… [took Jongwoon’s bag] where’s your glasses? Why you never use it while you’re with me?”

Jongwoon silenced when he saw the other guy was searching his bag. “I never use glasses.. my eyes are normal, Ryeowook.. maybe… [sighed] maybe you saw someone else.. maybe you wished I was there a lot until you think you saw me..”

“no.. I saw you.. I clearly saw you.. don’t lie to me.. don’t make me confuse..”

“I’m not, Ryeowook! I was at school today. I had a meeting for our school event.. I couldn’t be there cause I need to attend the meeting.. I’m handling the music..”

“but… but…”

Leaned forward, Jongwoon planted a soft kiss on Ryeowook’s forehead. “just forget it, okay… let’s eat something.. I’m starving. I’ll treat you as my apology and… because you won the competition. Come on!”

Both of them were walking out and heading to one of restaurants around Gangnam with Jongwoon’s car. Ryeowook had bibimbap and grilled meat while the older guy got Italian seafood with extra hot mild wings. They talked about many things until two men got really know each other. Jongwoon wasn’t surprise when his heart felt something different each time Ryeowook laughed or smiled, meanwhile for Ryeowook, he felt the warmth side of Jongwoon became a bit mysterious since he was so cold when they met on the court. He wanted to ask but he was afraid of ruining a perfect night between them, even he had a feeling that he was facing two different men with exactly two polar sides characters.

The dinner was a big hit between those senior junior relationship as Jongwoon sent Ryeowook home and left a meaningful soft kiss on the forehead. He couldn’t stop smiling during on his way home cause he was so sure that Ryeowook also felt the same thing. The only thing he was worry about was something as big as he was became a barrier between them both. He sighed, looked at the street while he was thinking what he had to do. Should I tell Ryeowook about everything? what if Ryeowook won’t choose me? will Ryeowook hate me? oh God… why I should feel the same thing about him? Is it a curse for us?

He parked his car on the garage, greeted the security before he went in to the house through a giant door. he climbed up the stairs to reach the second floor but stopped when he was being called. He turned.

“yes, Mrs. Ma…”

“aaah good evening, master Jongwoon.. would you like something to eat tonight?”

“aaah… I already ate outside with a friend.. please have a rest cause I don’t need anything.. [smiled] is he home?”

“no, master.. he isn’t here since that day.. this house becomes empty..”

“yes.. I guess it’s my fault.. I’m the one who started a fight.. I feel so guilty..”

“why don’t you try to make things up? Don’t you miss him? Don’t you want to live together again with him?”

Silenced, Jongwoon didn’t give an answer but he smiled at the end. “I’ll try my best to do the right thing tomorrow..”

“well.. I wish you a good luck, then.. good evening, young master..”

“good evening, madam..”

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

A week passed as the school’s birthday arrived and the party was held for a day. there were so many events and would ended with a romantic ball, where the girls had to wear some dresses while all the guys were wearing tuxes. The only wish Jongwoon had ever hoped that tonight, everything would turn smoothly and nothing would ruin it. he planned to tell Ryeowook about what he felt as they passed many days together even he had to worried whether he would return his feeling or not. He knew he got nothing to lose but he was still afraid that the other guy would turn him down.

Ryeowook, on the other side was enjoying the party as much as he could but his mind went blank as he thought about the encounters he had with Yesung. he didn’t know why when he met this guy, he felt like everything around them vanished and left them both in the surface of the earth. He couldn’t find any reason why he loved the cold side of him than the warm side that suddenly appear when they were alone around school. He didn’t know why this looked-alike Jongwoon guy could make his world turning upside down.

Guess I should talk to him tonight.. hope he will be here soon.. I should ask him clearly about why he keeps being a jerk when he plays basket ball.

Ryeowook heard some students were leading the event through a kiss competition and he was smiling alone at the balcony. He imagined that every girl would be kiss by each guy inside the hall and wondered if there would be kisses between male students inside. He heard the countdown and when the MC reached 1, suddenly all the lights went out, made everything around him full with dark. Ryeowook looked to his left and right, found nothing but darkness.

Then without a sound, two strong arms were locking him inside a bigger body, made Ryeowook almost jump. He couldn’t move at all but he felt someone who was standing behind his back was breathing fast. Then his body got turned, realized that the one who held him was a guy but Ryeowook failed when he wanted to see the face. It was too dark and his eyes were bad enough to adjust some lights to find out who it was. Then the man talked, almost whispering to his ears.

“I love you, Ryeowook.. I really am.. and I hope you feel the same way cause I never feel this to anyone else.. if you will say yes… meet me downstairs, okay? I will wait.. I love you..”

Ryeowook was still drown insid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter