This Is Love 1

YEWOOK Collections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook didn’t move from where he sat after his dad won unstoppable on the court when he faced the lawyer from government office. He was so proud of him even he didn’t know why his dad hated lawyers from government’s representation. He saluted to the other old man who came from the small office right in front of his dad’s firm cause he had big heart to acknowledge the lost he just received from Ryeowook’s dad. He kept staring at him until someone touched his shoulder.

“Ryeowook-ah… let’s go back to the office… I’m already full up here..”

“okay… dad.. let’s go back.. do you want to go with me or you want to go back with your car?”

“let Joohwan drives me back.. don’t go anywhere, Ryeowook-ah... there’s no use with these people…”

Ryeowook let out a deep sigh, didn’t agree with what his dad said but he couldn’t say no cause worst situation would he receive when he did that.

“Okay, dad… I will go straightly to the office...”

“See you later then…”

He saw his dad walked side by side with the driver out of the court room and Ryeowook looked around. His eyes fell to someone with his black hair slicked back, stood next to the old lawyer he found later his name was Park Sunghyun, the oldest lawyer from government office.

who is he? is he a lawyer as well? [smiled] hmmm… why dad can’t find someone like him? [sighed] I should find someone as hot as he is at the office but…damn! he’s hot! that guy is totally hot…

Ryeowook kept staring at the guy for some seconds and his heart stopped when the black hair guy laid his eyes on him. He could feel the laser from the eyes that he thought was the strongest part of that y guy. He lost his breath when that guy finally lowered his head and gave Ryeowook a smile that was the best arsenal from the man he still didn’t know the name.

God… how could You created someone as beautiful as him? where have you been all my life?

Ryeowook froze when he saw the man who disturbed his attention walked closer to where he stood. He saw the thighs as the smoked hot guy’s feet ate the room and finally reached where he was. He saw the white hand lifted and his eyes fixed to the man’s eyes.

“hi… [smiled] my name is Kim Jongwoon from Government National Lawyer… I saw you see me back earlier.. [smiled] is there something I can help? [silenced for seconds] even I think… you don’t need a help… looking from your outfit..”

Ryeowook looked at the suit he was wearing and then looked at the man’s eyes again. “what’s wrong with my outfit? I don’t think I wear something funny…”

That y Kim Jongwoon laughed when he heard what Ryeowook said. “aigoo… there’s nothing wrong with what you’re wearing now.. I said.. I think you don’t need my help since your clothes showing that you are from a wealthy family.. I’m only work for those poor people, remember? [messed Ryeowook’s hair] you’re face too… a face of a rich kid..”

Ryeowook pouted, lifted Jongwoon’s hand from his head and said, “I’m not a kid… I’m adult…”

“stop pouting… [smiled] you’re cute… may I know your name? it’s rude actually after someone mentioned his name and you’re not doing the same…”

“mmm… sorry… my name is Ryeowook.. [handed his hand to Jongwoon] Kim Ryeowook…”

Shook his hand to Ryeowook’s, Jongwoon replied, “nice to meet you, Kim Ryeowook..”

“nice to meet you too… mmm… is it good to work for government? did you get paid?”

“want to talk for more? [Ryeowook nodded] why don’t we grab a coffee around? do you want?”

“yes… I want to… –“

A call came on Ryeowook’s phone made he looked at the screen and his face became pale in sudden. His expression changed and it noticed by Jongwoon cause he heard the other guy asked him, “are you okay?” and Ryeowook couldn’t answer for few seconds.

“I have to go, Jongwoon-ssi… it’s really nice to meet you.. my dad just called.. he wants me to be at the office soon…”

“then… drive safe.. [smiled] maybe he needs your help.. do you want me to accompany you? we can go by bus if your dad still around Dongdaemun… where is he?”

“ummm… he is around that area.. but.. I bring my car.. do you want to go back to your office too?”

“I guess… I should wait for sunbaenim.. maybe I should drive his car.. I’m happy you want to talk to me.. cause I’ve been seeing you since the court started…”

“really? [Jongwoon nodded] so… ummm… can I have your number? maybe… we can grab a coffee next time?”

“definitely…”

After they exchanged the numbers, Ryeowook excused himself, drive safely to his dad’s firm and ended his boring Tuesday with a plan to meet the y black hair Kim Jongwoon in the next few days...

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

“hyungnim… is it okay to lose at the court?”

“no, Jongwoon-ah.. it’s not okay at all.. you should give your best shot to win the case.. [let out a breath] we’re defending poor people.. those people that use to be victims from the rich families, big companies or famous names..”

“but… hyungnim tried your best few days ago… how could you lost the case?”

“we can’t control what happened outside the court, Jongwoon-ah… if we did our best but the decision still feels unfair… then you might know what happen right?”

“you mean they paid the judges or perhaps they stole the evidences?”

“I don’t know… many good names declined to work for government cause they can get bigger money from their clients than working like us..”

“yeah… I guess so.. we only get paid once a month and we’re not allowed to receive any present from the people we defend..”

“that’s why… not many lawyers want to work at our office… they prefer to join another law firms than work with us..”

“I hope many people will come soon, hyungnim…”

“you are our ace, Jongwoon-ah… you are good in courts…”

“aaah… no hyungnim.. I need to learn something more… cause I’m still lacking in my emotions…”

“yes… you need to be more relaxed when you’re facing your opponents at the courts..”

“I will try my best, hyungnim.. I saw you the other day.. I learned a lot…”

“I’m glad you always learn new things when you come around the court.. you really are full with passions..”

“that’s me, hyungnim… I’m learning by living…”

Caressed Jongwoon’s back, his senior smiled and said, “you are our new hope for our future… I hope you will stay with us till the end…”

“I think you could hold my promise, hyungnim… I won’t leave this firm…”

“thank you so much, Jongwoon-ah… it means a lot..”

“thank you so much too for always taking care of me…”

“it’s okay, son… I should get in then.. it’s too cold outside..”

“okay, hyungnim…”

 

Jongwoon zipped his jacket tightly to swept away the cold when he heard ding from his phone… oh… someone’s texting me? He slide the phone screen and read the message that just came in. it was Ryeowook. even when I read his name, my heart becomes happier…

Can we meet? I want to talk more with you.

He replied soon. Sure… let’s meet up.. I’m hungry and it’s too cold outside.. Where do you want to meet?

Ryeowook: ummm… Happy Restaurant… I’m hungry too.. and it’s time for lunch..

just lunch? I thought you’re asking me for a date, Ryeowook-ssi..

Ryeowook: date? Is it obvious that I have feelings for you?

Just meet me there… I’ll be a bit late than you cause I’m taking the bus and I think it will be crowded there..

Ryeowook: It’s okay.. I’ll wait.. see you, Jongwoon-ssi..

He said he has feelings for me.. is it true? Oh my God… is it clearly seen that I like men for people around me? I think I should talk about this to hyungnim… now I have to see Ryeowook first..

He went out from the Gwanhadong court and took a 2897 bus to bring him to Gwanghamun where the restaurant was.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

They were talking, laughing and sharing many new things to each other until the clock hit 2 PM, when they heard the same ringtone from Ryeowook’s phone like before. Jongwoon saw Ryeowook ignored the calls with his eyes still fixed on his, made he lifted his hand. “go answer that, Ryeowook.. maybe your father needs you..”

“no.. I want to talk to you now. I don’t want to do anything else..”

“we already talked for hours, Ryeowook.. it’s not a problem if you receive a call.. it’s your father and I won’t leave because of it..”

“let he send me a text.. maybe he just needs me to stay at the office.. he doesn’t want me to go outside alone.. he only allows me if I walk out with one of his lawyers..”

“awww… maybe he wants you to marry one of them..”

“it’s not funny, Jongwoon-ah.. [pouted] you know I like to talk to you.. or you still need another lunch to understand my intention?”

“I already know that have your eyes on me the day you looked at me at the court.. you know what I thought that day?”

“no.. and I don’t care.. cause all I know.. you’re here with me now.. so it means you also like me too.. am I right?”

“damn.. you’re fidgety..”

“I—“

Another call disturbed their new blossomed romance and this time, Jongwoon succeeded in convincing Ryeowook to take the call. As predicted, Ryeowook’s father wanted his son to go back to the firm as soon as possible and he didn’t take any reason that Ryeowook said. He smiled lightly when he saw the brown hair man that was sitting in front of him cursed to the air after he ended the call.

Reaching Ryeowook’s hand and palmed it, he said, “it’s okay, Ryeowook-ah.. we can still meet tomorrow.. the day after tomorrow… or perhaps you can stay with me this weekend.. [lifted his eyebrow and winked] how’s that?”

“I like that idea.. [smiled] then call me, okay? I’m afraid you’ll change your mind..”

“I would never change my mind, Ryeowook-ah… but I think… we need more time to get to know each other.. okay?”

Ryeowook nodded, held Jongwoon’s hand tightly. “okay… I agree with you..”

“let’s go back then.. your father is waiting..”

“are you coming with me? I can drive you back too.. we’re heading to the same direction..”

Smiled shyly, Jongwoon shook his head. “no.. it’s okay.. I’ll take the bus.. just go..”

“why? [pouted] why don’t you want to ride with me? am I insulting you?”

“no.. trust me… no.. but I don’t want people think of me using your kindness.. we barely know each other, Ryeowook.. it’s just few days ago.. one day, maybe I will..”

“why you have to live with what people said? they don’t know you.. they don’t know me..”

“who said they don’t know us? of course people know you.. you are Mr. Unbeatable son.. your family is rich.. popular and well known.. and people know who I am too.. a poor lawyer from government office.. [smiled] let times bring us closer, okay?”

 

When Ryeowook didn’t give a respond to what he said, Jongwoon took his hand to stop him from staring outside the restaurant. “hey… what’s wrong? did I say something wrong?”

“no… it’s just.. I don’t like when you bring up our backgrounds.. I never see you that way, Kim Jongwoon.. [pulled his hand] and… I never asked to be Kim Ryeowook.. I… I… [sighed harshly] I have to go back.. see you again.”

Jongwoon didn’t meant to be heard that way but he was too late for stopping Ryeowook when the other guy walked out from the place they just spent few hours to get to know each other.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

It was cloudy Friday on third October and the temperature started to go lower when Jongwoon went out to the main road to stop a bus. It’d been fourteen days since the first lunch with Ryeowook and he hadn’t heard any news from him as the longing crept into his heart. He missed the pure smile Ryeowook had on the first time he caught the rich guy staring at him. He missed the innocent side of the big eyes man when they were looking each other. He wanted to hear the careless thoughts escaped from that tiny plum lips that Jongwoon wanted to taste. Yes, he missed Ryeowook…

should I text him first? is it okay if I call him? what if he doesn’t want to answer it? what if Ryeowook doesn’t want to reply my message? Jongwoon’s thoughts disappeared when someone called him from inside the green bus and he stared back at the guy who called him. “what?”

“are you coming? come on! I should drive this bus immediately!”

“aaaah… yes sir.. sorry.. got held up.. [climbed on the bus] thank you for asking..”

“it’s okay.. everyone has problems.. glad I can help, young lawyer.. have a seat.. I’ll take you to your office.”

“thank you, sir.. thank you..”

Jongwoon found and empty seat at the back side of the bus when he felt the bus moving to another direction. The thought of Ryeowook attacked him once again. He had to admit that he always liked to see Ryeowook sitting next to his father at the court and it was another reason why he liked to attend where Mr. Kim Ryeonim pointed as the lawyer.

Sighed, he told his brain once again. I think I should text him as soon as I’m arriving at the office.. maybe Ryeowook still angry for what I said.. but he's definitely missing to the point that I meant.. I should talk to him!

 

Jongwoon ran a little from the main road after he walked out of the bus to the office since the cold hit his body. He stopped for two minutes to see the Ryeonim’s firm across the street but he didn’t see Ryeowook’s car. perhaps Ryeowook still at home. I’ll text him.. he reached his desk, looked at the envelopes and files on the table before he took a further look on them. damn! why there are so many unfair things happen to poor people? why we always end up against big names on politics or business men? this world!

He let some minutes passed with his serious face when he read file after file and the schedules of the court he needed to attend. He wrote them down on his small book and put it back to his pocket inside his grey suit and suddenly remembered that he had to text Ryeowook. pulled his phone out, he searched for the name he wanted to see for the last few days and he found it. he typed, hey… still want to stay at my house this weekend? is it okay if my house isn’t as big as yours? let me know if you want it. have a nice day, by the way.. before he hit SEND button.

now… I’ll wait.. Ryeowook will reply me soon.. but then he doubted it. will Ryeowook reply me? what if he’s still angry for what I said? shut up, Kim Jongwoon! don’t think negatively.. he’ll reply.. believe it!

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

He didn’t get any reply from Ryeowook and it made Jongwoon felt the hurt covered his heart cause he wished the other lawyer from across the street would reply him. he kept waiting while he made himself busy with all the cases’ files on the table, reading everything. Up until lunch time, he hadn’t received the reply from Ryeowook and it frustrated him so much. he ate the sandwich Donghae bought earlier for him along with hazelnut latte of Starbucks but he didn’t leave his desk. His phone remained silent as where he left him hours ago after he sent a message to the man who stole his attention.

where are you, Ryeowook-ah? don’t you miss me? do you know that I miss talking to you?

he sighed, looked around but no one and not a single could change his mood from huge boring that lingered since morning. he was thinking what Ryeowook was doing at the same time and wished he was there like a shadow. He realized that within eight months, he had a new habit that made him happy at the court and it was staring at Ryeowook when he was accompanying his father. Jongwoon realized how happy he was until the day he waited come when Ryeowook finally acknowledged his existence. and now… I’m ing screwing it.. you, Jongwoon!

“yaaa! what are you thinking? [Jongwoon’s shoulder being shook] I called you many times..”

Jongwoon looked up and he saw his colleague, Lee Donghae, was standing behind him. “oh! why? are you calling me?”

“yes, … what are you thinking about? you seem out zone…”

Smiled guilty, he answered, “aaah… nothing.. just reading this..”

“don’t lie to me.. you’re thinking something.. come on.. tell me what’s wrong..”

Scratched his head, Jongwoon pushed another chair for Donghae to sit and the other guy followed his gut.

“I’m… mmm… remember about the guy that I love to see from a far?”

“aaaah… that Mr. Unbeatable son? Ryeowook-ssi? [Jongwoon nodded] what about him?”

“hmmm… I think I like him, Donghae-ah.. I think… I don’t know.. I miss him..”

“miss him? wait! I know you like him from long time ago.. but missing him? [expression changed] are you sure? you don’t even know him..”

Jongwoon’s eyes fixed to him and with another guilty look, he handed his phone to Donghae, showed him about the conversation he had with Ryeowook.

“for real? [Jongwoon nodded] so you knew him all this time?”

“no.. not all this time.. few days ago.. around two weeks, I guess… [sighed] then we went out for lunch.. but.. I think I’m making him angry.. [sighed] I already texted him but he hasn’t reply me yet.. I miss him, Donghae-ah..”

“exactly what did you do until he’s angry like that?”

“I… said something about our classes and status.. he doesn’t take it well, I guess..”

“then why the are you doing that?”

“Donghae-ah… he’s a rich kid.. not like me.. I have house because I’m working here.. if I didn’t… then maybe I just can rent a room..”

“so? what if he doesn’t mind about it at all? huh? do you know about it? maybe he’s not like those who love to make your status bigger..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter