Us Against The World 1

YEWOOK Collections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PS: this story is purely my imagination but it's inspired by a true event from Thailand gay couple, Both and Newyear.. but everything else inside this story is definitely a work of my brain.. hope you all enjoy the story..

 

Jongwoon opened the invitation card once again, read it carefully before he grabbed his phone to send some messages to his friends. it’d been 5 years since the last day he saw the brick building which used to known as Hyundai High School. he smiled when he tried to reminiscing what happened right after he graduated as one of the best student around 2006. He went to Seoul National University after he passed the national entrance and found his name on the newspaper. He got stuck between the drills, teeth and blood but could make a great ending within 4 years then he took a specialization to have permission to open a practical downtown Apgujeong area.

His phone vibrated, he got two messages from his friends who also went to the same school with him. again, smiled written on his face after he read all the messages that said everyone wanted to pick him up around 9 AM since the reunion event would start around 10. He replied all the messages, couldn’t wait to see everyone on Sunday. He placed the phone on the second drawer before he turned another page he read about children teeth. He just known as a dentist for the last 12 months around the area that well-known as the stylish of Seoul.

“Yesung-ssi… there’s a patient for you.. is it okay if I told him to come in here?”

“sure.. send him in.. I’m ready..” left with a smile on his face.

A guy around 50 years old walked in, holding the left jaw and clearly he was in pains.

“can I help you, sir?”

“yeah.. my tooth.. it’s hurting so much.. I can’t even sleep..”

“well.. please sit here.. [waited for the man to sit] let me check now.. open your mouth, sir..”

He checked the left side carefully, looked another part inside the mouth and smiled to the man. He took off the white glove and went to his desk. “sir.. there’s an infection on your gum and it makes everything around it hurts. that’s why all the left side is in pain.. I will give you a medicine to kill the pain and vitamin c to help the gum… [wrote down the receipt] you can take the medicine outside. and here’s your receipt..”

“thank you so much, doctor..”

“not a problem, sir.. glad I can help..”

He saw the clock when the door closed and it was lunch time for him. he took his phone again and made a call.

“good afternoon, mom.. [laughed] I’m going to have my lunch.. would you accompany me?”

“aaah… sorry, son.. I have something to do.. your dad too.. can you please go with your friend?”

“[sighed] okay then… I’ll see you at dinner.. my regards for dad and Jonglim, okay? have a nice day, mom..”

 

I will have my lunch alone again… I really need to find someone who wants to spend his time for me…

Jongwoon told his staffs to have their lunches and he saw another dentist was still talking on the phone once he made himself out from his room. he ran a little to the parking lot, pulled his car out and drove his black sedan to Gwanghamun cause he wanted to have some mushroom for his lunch. he heard in Diamond Star had many menus with mushroom as the main character.

Jongwoon already told his parents that he was a gay since he felt he got every time he saw a man’s body but he still needed more time to admit that he was a gay to the public. He didn’t really have types but his heart would stop when he saw big eyes and friendly smile. He knew he wanted someone who could complete him as a bottom one since he was totally holding his part as a top. But after he said goodbye to SNU, he never once dated a guy cause he was too busy parting the schedules between TV and being a dentist. He used to be a VJ for Channel V Korea after he won the first title on June 2009 and became a model for some endorsements.

His dad despised him when he said he was a gay, stopped talking to him for about three years and forced him to live alone when he reached 18 years old. He was happy when he saw his parents came on his graduation day on SNU cause it was a breaking point for his relationship with his dad. He wished, when he brought someone to be introduced as his boyfriend, his dad would gladly accept it. it was his last hope cause he didn’t want to start another sad story with the man he respect the most.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

“Ryeowook… the principal asked you to be the MC for the reunion.. he wants to see you now..”

“what? why me? God! I don’t even know how to speak in front of our friends..”

“well… you can say it to him directly I guess.. now go! he’s waiting for you.”

“okay.. okay.. please bring these ribbons and balloons with you. I’ll see you there.”

It was a sunny Friday, Ryeowook hated the temperature cause he didn’t like being caught with sweat. He held coordinator position at the reunion event cause he wanted to be busy for a while to let go something that had been disturbed him for the last few weeks. He walked as fast as he could to the main room at the school, opened the door once he arrived in front of the blue door. Lowering his head and smiled, he was so ready to talk to the principal.

Damn! why should I be the master of the ceremony while this school has Heechul and  Hyukjae around? I’ll screw the event! God , help me!

He went back to his class, put his books to the back when he found the class was already empty. It was 2 PM with the hot weather completed the dark clouds on the sky, was the situation Ryeowook hated with all his heart. He had to go to the bus shelter since he hadn’t allowed to drive a car when he was still underage around 16 years old. Walked slowly, he saw some of his friends were also waiting for the buses to reach their destinations. He jumped when a friend called his name behind his back and it made him stop. it was Heechul.

“I heard you will be the MC at the reunion.. is that right?”

“I guess… why?”

“just don’t ruin the show, okay? there will be so many alumnus cause this reunion is held for those who graduated around two thousand five until two thousand ten. make us proud, okay? show to them that our year.. two thousand thirteen would be the best host for reunion.”

Ryeowook didn’t know it was a support or something that should be insulting him cause it was come from Heechul, the one he knew as someone who loved bragging himself. He shrugged of like it was nothing and faked a smile. “I’ll try.. thanks, Heechul.. hope you will help when I’m busy coordinating everyone.”

“let’s see what I can do on Sunday.. see you, Ryeowook.”

He didn’t reply, just watched his colleague that had a pretty face and handsome character as the same time walking away.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

February 20th, 2011

Big day came and Ryeowook couldn’t even sleep last night, confused with what he should do in the next 4 hours. He stood up, left the room to have a bath before he put his clothes on. he saw his reflection on the mirror, turned his head when he heard applause from the door. He found his mother with her proud eyes watching him inside the white shirt and black vest.

“my son is really gorgeous today.. [walked closer] sure your dad will be proud too when he could see you like this.. make us proud, okay? I pray for the event to be so well..”

“thanks a lot, mom.. I miss dad too.. wish he were here with us.. he left us too quickly..”

“sssh… don’t ruin your big day with sad thing.. let just pray for him every day.. hope he rest in peace..”

“amen.. I should go, mom.. I really need to check everything before the party begins..”

“should I drive you there?”

“no.. my friends will pick me up.. do I look good, mom?”

“yes you are.. but if you still busy preparing every single thing.. don’t you think it will be good if you wear t-shirt cause you’ll get sweat with that white shirt. I know you hate sweating..”

“good idea! Thanks mom.. I’ll bring this then..” he said while taking blue t-shirt and placed it inside his bag.

I’m ready.. please be with me, God.. help me to do my best today..

 

Jongwoon woke up when the alarm rang around 8 AM, pulled the blanket again and wish it was still midnight. He couldn’t sleep after he received a request from someone to go for a date. He knew he was known as someone who often appeared in TV but he knew all Korea still unfamiliar with his face or name. he took his phone again, clicked the message button and read the message again.

Hi Yesung! it’s me, Lee Donghae.. can we go out tonight? let’s watch a movie or just eat something. I’ll wait.

Lee Donghae? this man is a well-known as a model on Runway.. is this really happening? God!

He left the bed that looked tempting to him after he spent 30 minutes on it and went to clean himself. He knew he had to be ready around 9 cause his friends would pick up at that time. he picked normal clothes but still looked official from his closet and wore them piece by piece. He combed his light brown hair and smirked to his reflection. well.. I think I won’t embarrassing myself today.. I think I look good enough, he thought and he left his room.

He didn’t come to his parents’ home cause his friends said his own home would be closer to where he lived, so he had to agree to spent his Saturday night alone. He was about to wear the shoes when he heard someone rang the car outside, made Jongwoon stood up and opened the front door.

“hey.. wait up.. I’ll lock the door and we’re good to go..”

Once his feet touched the car, Jongwoon heard his friend talked to him. “it’s really been a while, right? you used to be called Jongwoon.. but now.. everyone calls you with Yesung.. wow! you’re fantastic! you’re famous and what? a doctor?”

“I’m just a dentist..”

“same thing, dude! you’re awesome! while me? I’m just an officer for insurance.. it’s pathetic..”

“no it’s not.. depends on how you’re looking at it.. it’s also fantastic to me.. cause you’re hangout with all the numbers while I’m just checking someone’s teeth..”

“but I always adore you, man.. you really know what to do for your next step.. I’m still trying figure things out..”

“relax, buddy.. we’re still twenty three.. we have a long way to the end.. call me if you need help with your teeth..”

“but can we hangout like old times?”

“sure.. why not? I’m still the same.. nothing has change with me..”

“you really are amazing, Jongwoon.. I will be your friend forever.. oh look! We’re arrived!”

“thanks.. I’ll be your friend too… and let’s find our friends inside..”

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Ryeowook couldn’t take his eyes off of the man that just walked out from a SUV car and everyone in the hall knew him cause he could hear clapping from across the room. who is this guy? how could he’s so famous?

“finally… the one everyone waiting for is arrived..” a voice surprised Ryeowook behind his back.

“who is he by the way? which year he came from?”

“you don’t know him? [hit Ryeowook’s head] wake up, Ryeowook! he’s Yesung! our senior.. he graduated around 2006.. he’s the winner VJ for channel V.. remember?”

“wooooow!! don’t tell me he was the one who beat Kim Hyunjoong! [Nicky lifted one of her eyebrow] damn! he beat my favorite VJ.. guess that’s why he’s so popular among our seniors..”

“no.. not just because of that.. he’s a dentist, Ryeowook-ah.. he finished his college precisely four years while others need almost six years to finish the basic lesson.. he took his specialty just a year and successfully open his own practical around Apgujeong.. a place where everyone always come every day.. smart, huh?”

“wow.. wow.. just wow.. I can’t believe someone like him does exist in this world.. all I know.. when someone becomes popular.. they would be so dumb enough for education.. but.. this guy breaks my thought..”

“well.. I already informed you big news.. hope you can use it when you lead this party.. okay? be ready.. it will get started in ten minutes..”

 

“good day ladies and gentlemen… or should I say our beloved seniors to make everyone feel closer with the others? [the crowd made some noises] welcome to great reunion in beautiful Sunday inside this magical hall… our year, two thousand thirteen was chosen as the host who will lead this event until the end.. and we hope that our beloved seniors will stay around to see what we prepared for you.. let’s the party begin with the choir from our school, who got the best team this year in singing competition.. please.. welcome them to sing our song!”

When the piano played, Ryeowook disappeared from the stage and walked down to the floor where everyone was standing and bumped to someone. He saw the liquid spilled to the floor where he fell and a hand was suddenly showed up in front of his face. Ryeowook looked up, went blank when his eyes met someone who lend his hand for him before he got witched with the smile on the man standing. “need a hand?”

“oh.. thank you, hyungnim.. I’m so sorry for hitting you.. can I get you another drink or something?”

Pulled up the friendly smile again, the other guy answered, “no need.. it wasn’t me you hit.. it’s Youngwoon.. he went to the bathroom..”

“oh my God! I hit someone else? I’m screwed! [panic attacked him] what should I do? oh God.. what should I do?”

“hey.. hey.. [placed his hand on Ryeowook’s shoulder] relax… okay? take a deep breath.. [Ryeowook followed] again.. now.. drink this..”

Ryeowook didn’t realize that he was being dragged to the balcony until he could feel the fresh air from the beach which closed to the Royal Hotel, where the event being held.

“go on… drink this first.. make yourself calm.. I’m sure my friend will be okay.. [stared at Ryeowook] feeling better?”

“I guess.. can you please send my apology to your friend, hyungnim?”

“sure.. I will.. by the way.. I’m.. [silenced for few seconds] Jongwoon.. Kim Jongwoon.. two thousand six..”

“oh God.. I forgot to introduce myself. I’m sorry.. my name is Kim Ryeowook.. it’s an honor that your representative chose us to be the host.. and I’m glad you’re here.. seems everyone likes you..”

Smiled with teasing expression, Jongwoon asked, “do you?” and left Ryeowook alone before he could answer the question.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Ryeowook sensed that the guy with the popular name Yesung was staring at him no matter where he walked and he found out that it was a bit disturbing. He was totally shock when he felt something after he saw male models walked in TV show he watched almost three weeks ago. he knew he wasn’t gay but he couldn’t find any answer when his eyes loved to see Kim Hyunjoong rather than ladies contestant for being the chosen VJ. He even didn’t realize that his senior was following the show he watched when he was still in junior high school.

now he’s officially makes me uncomfortable.. why he keeps looking at me? what does he want? does he know that he has amazing eyes? Kim Jongwoon… you’re making me more nervous than being an MC today.. God!

the reunion party ended around 1 PM, left so many things to get fixed by the host and it meant Ryeowook should stay a little bit longer than the others. He didn’t complain cause he got credit for what he did to make seniors happy. he helped his friends to clean the hall, took everything that still can be used before he finally could leave the hotel. Ryeowook reached the door and someone called his name. it was Heechul again.

“wow! you amazed me, little Wookie.. you don’t even need my help cause you ruled the show.. [handed his hand] congratulation.. you make us proud.”

“thank you, Heechul-ah… thanks a lot for coming.. it means a lot..”

“it’s amazing party.. no reason can forbid me to be here.. besides.. all our seniors are amazing.. I’m proud with our school.”

“yeah.. they are..” Ryeowook replied and suddenly he remembered about Kim Jongwoon.

“I’ll see you at school then..”

“see you too, Heechul-ah..”

Ryeowook went to another exit and met his friends who would take him back home. He only wanted one thing, SLEEP.

 

Jongwoon couldn’t stop smiling once he reached his own room with the memory of what happened at the party appeared like a movie in front of him. his thought flew away when he remembered about the cute MC that already made his eyes failed to see another man. A strange feeling covered his heart, made him pulled another smile on his face and laying his body on the bed.. Kim Ryeowook… well.. you officially makes me want to know you more.. the thoughts brought happiness to Jongwoon and he planned to force Ryeowook appeared inside his dream when some minutes later, he fell asleep.

A song from Super Junior made Jongwoon’s eyes opened wider cause he knew it was around 5 PM since he set the alarm before he fell asleep. He checked his phone after he turned off the alarm, sat in sudden when another message from Lee Donghae arrived again. it said, –you haven’t answered me. but I won’t force you. I’ll wait patiently– made Jongwoon shivered. what I should say to this guy? am I ready to be in a relationship? [sighed] this guy is wanted by everyone.. should I decline his request?

Jongwoon was totally confused, couldn’t make up his mind and he desperately needed advices. who should I call? God! I’m so confuse…

just right in time, his phone rang with a familiar song heard all over the room. mom… just exactly what I need..

“mom… hey…”

“hi sweetie.. how’s the party?”

“it was nice.. it’s fun to meet old friends and we talked so much about our past..”

“glad to hear that.. mmm… Jongwoon.. is there any chance you’ll be here at dinner?”

“about that, mom… [took deep breath] can I ask you something?”

“sure… spill, dear.. since when you need to ask permission to ask me?”

Laughed, Jongwoon continued to reply his mother. “mom… what if.. mmmm… [silenced] what if… there’s someone–“

“what? did someone ask you out, Jongwoon?” his mom cut his question but surprised when the question was right.

“yes, mom.. what will you do if you were me? I mean… should I agree to go for a date?”

“well.. you should ask yourself instead you ask me. it’s you the one who knows more about yourself.. if you’re ready.. then take the chance.. but if you don’t.. then don’t accept the date..” and Jongwoon replied with hummed.

“but… mmm.. why don’t you give a shot for this? who knew this man would be your partner.. you said you need someone, Jongwoon..”

“the thing is… [sighed deeply] he’s a model, mom.. and I don’t trust modeling world so much.. they have glamour life. I’m not sure about this..”

“then follow what your heart trying to say.. it will save you..”

“okay then.. thanks a lot for the advice, mom. I do appreciate it.”

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

MAY 2011

Weeks passed when May arrived, brought new hope to Jongwoon after he declined Donghae’s requests for a date, to find someone who wanted to get serious to him. he captured himself with his little white dog and posted it to a new application that started to get familiar worldwide. He read the notifications and happily proud when so many of his followers were liking his new post. He gained few followers too with  the photo he just uploaded and tried his best to replied every single comment. But when he saw the clinic got closer, he put the phone back to his bag before he parked his car and went inside.

He kept reading what notification told him about his account on instagram and he loved to see the feedback he got even from someone he didn’t know. then Jongwoon smirked as a plan crept inside his head. aaaah… I think I should upload some more.. it’s a nice way to promote myself.. smart move, Jongwoon-ah! with the thought, he started to view the gallery and picked some photos he liked. I’m going to start everyday by posting some photos.. let’s see how far I can go from this application.

He went to Sapphire Blue Restaurant few blocks from his clinic, caught himself again with the menus he ordered. He couldn’t stop moving in happiness when a waiter told him that he got free dessert cause the restaurant had ‘Monday Sickness’ program. His eyes were shining when three pieces of macaroons appeared right in front of him. Jongwoon turned to see the waiter who served him since he arrived.

“why I got this while I believe I didn’t order a dessert?”

“well.. we always appreciate to those who go for work on Monday since many of us hating Monday.. and since you come to our restaurant.. we give this as another support to continue what we all did up until now..”

“I see… I like these macaroons.. they make me happy just by seeing how colorful they are..”

“I’m also happy if you enjoy want we provide.. now.. please enjoy the dessert..”

“thank you so much..”

The sweetest crunchy of macaroons completed his first day as the autumn leaves fell to the ground.

 

“hi Ryeowook! what are you doing?”

“doing mathematic.. why? what are you doing, Nicky?”

“playing my phone.. have you installed new application on your phone? gue

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter