This Is Love 2 (c)

YEWOOK Collections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“so you’re doing it because his father asked you to do it?”

Nodded softly, Jongwoon continued. “he told me that he will send Ryeowook to US if I don’t break up our relationship… I don’t even have money to follow him if it’s happen.. I’d rather have him around but I can see him every day.. I can’t live without seeing him in front of me.. I have to meet him every day.. [sighed deeply] even I have to do it from a far.. I already sent him away.. but.. [started to cry] this is what I can do to have him closer to me.. [looked to Donghae] tell me what should I do if you were in my place, Donghae.. God.. it’s so hard..”

Letting a harsh sigh, Donghae sat next to Jongwoon again. “God! I can’t believe this could be so hard.. what the the old man interrupting your relationship?”

“I’m no one, Donghae-ah.. I have nothing with me.. I went to law school by government scholarship.. then I’m working here.. face it, Donghae… what he said is true.. even you keep saying that Ryeowook wouldn’t care about it.. he uses to live in wealth.. he always surrounding with many great things while I live in my small house with what I got inside.. [sighed] I don’t have air conditioner and I have to witness how Ryeowook struggle without it.. my bedroom isn’t as big as his but I know he’s trying so hard to make himself comfortable.. he should never like me..”

“well… I really don’t know what to say now.. I don’t know well about Ryeowook and what you just said has a point too.. but don’t you think you should give a high credit to Ryeowook cause he’s trying his best to live with you? don’t you think it’s a proof that he loves you so much?”

“but I want to give him more.. I don’t know.. maybe.. [sighed] I should work harder first.. once I pop out with Ferrari.. maybe I can meet him once again with his dad’s permission.. [smiled awkwardly] I think I said something bad to him at the court.. I’m hurting him.. but I believe he will move on soon.. he will meet someone better than me.. I wish for that to be happen..”

“are you sure?”

Nodded slowly, Jongwoon smiled to Donghae. “yes.. he’ll be better without me..”

“well.. if that’s what you believe.. then let’s go back to the firm.. report the result and you should go home immediately.. you need time to be alone now..”

“okay.. thanks.. hope sunbaenim will allow me..”

“he will.. I asked his permission and of course he will give it.. you won the case, remember!”

“let’s get back then..”

 

“thank you for your hard work for this case, Jongwoon.. this firm really appreciate it.. and today.. finally we could win the case.. [smiled] you already did your best.. you can have free time.. go home.. get some rest..”

“thank you, hyungnim.. [handed a brown envelope] this is the report of the case..”

“I receive this.. now get your tools and get your on your bed.. you desperately need enough rest.. your eyes.. they’re so red.. go.. now..”

Stood up, Jongwoon didn’t want to reply what his senior said but immediately stopped when his name being called again. holding the knob, Jongwoon turned. “yes?”

“I heard what happened at the court.. I can feel you need a break to think about everything clearly.. why don’t you take two days plus the weekend before you go back here on Monday?”

“thank you so much, hyungnim.. it’s nothing.. I’m fine..”

“no you’re not.. stop pretending, Jongwoon.. you’re in pain now.. even I don’t know how it feels to lost a boyfriend, but boyfriend is also a human like a woman.. and I experienced it years ago.. it stings like… hell? [sighed] take my advice.. have some times with yourself and get back on Monday..”

“thank you.. I’ll see you on Monday then.”

“and Jongwoon… I hope you made a good decision cause he seems a nice man..”

“he does.. but…”

“just go home..”

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Ryeowook hugged the pillow tightly and hiding his body under a thick blanket, crying like he met every dead end. He never thought that Jongwoon could end what they had for the last 4 months. he was totally happy with his new life as soon as he allowed the other lawyer to own his heart. He learned many new things he never had in his 28 years he lived and he earned them once Jongwoon enter his boring life. He met many new people who came to Jongwoon’s house to ask for helps, amazed on how his man accepted them all..

why he’s hurting me this way? so all this time he’s pretending to love me? for real? but the way he loves me… no.. it wasn’t an act.. it wasn’t a lie.. I feel his love.. I feel his sincerity.. I feel… why are you doing this, Jongwoon? don’t you know that I can’t live without you? why?

he remembered every single thing Jongwoon said to him at the court this midday and Ryeowook realized that everything didn’t make sense. He never brought his laptop for work to Jongwoon’s house and he knew that he never had someone disturbed him when he was facing his work. Dad has never give me a serious case.. he always think I’m not ready yet… why Jongwoon said he’s using me all this time? is he lying? but… [sighed] he kissed Donghae hyung.. and I always believe there’s something between them.. so is it true? God… why he acted like I’m the only one for him all this time? why he’s waiting after four months to ruin my life?

Ryeowook didn’t want to go out from his bedroom, he found out outside his room would get more boring than inside. He wanted to drown himself inside the dark side of the world since the sun had stop shining for him. he was still wondering about what happened between him and Jongwoon but he couldn’t find a day when Jongwoon lied to him. Ryeowook couldn’t find when Jongwoon acted like a fake boyfriend cause what he felt was total love. he reminisced when Jongwoon gave him massage when he was tired, brought a warm jasmine tea when he got nausea or when their bodies united with lust and love. everything we did is real, Jongwoon… [tears fell again] how could you say everything we have is a lie? Jongwoon… why can’t you see that you’re the only one I want in this universe?

 

Some soft knocks woke Ryeowook in silent, realized that outside the window already dark and he sat up, tried to see the clock on the wall. he activated his phone and could see clearly that the clock hit 8 PM, made Ryeowook surprised cause it was already 6 six hours he stayed inside the room. but his brain brought the shadow of Jongwoon again until silent tears fell out again. Jongwoon… what are you doing right now? are you in our happiest time with Donghae hyung there? what do you have for dinner? I wish I could be inside your arms tonight… how could I miss you already while all this time you were pretending to love me?

“Ryeowook… are you inside, son? I’m home… let’s have dinner with me..”

Ryeowook didn’t answer, pulled the blanket higher to cover his body and lay back on the bed again. his dad was the last person he wanted to meet today. he knew he already locked the door so no one would disturb him, at least until tomorrow morning. Ryeowook wanted to be alone and he knew he would do anything to get what he want.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Jongwoon looked outside the window and caught the dark clouds were covering the sky, signed him that the night already arrived. He was there for the last two hours, wishing someone he wanted the most to come and seek for answers. He knew it wouldn’t be happen cause he made misery found Ryeowook for what he said. he got tired of crying cause what he felt couldn’t be described in tears. The stinging he had inside, could only be healed by a simple smile Ryeowook had or the brown diamond eyes he longed to see right now. I miss you, Ryeowook.. I do miss you..

He left the spot that close to the door and rested on the sofa that already ripped all over the place. He slipped a deep sigh out from his thin lips, looked at the ceiling, remembering. he did the same thing when Ryeowook was still around after he ended his work and his lovely man would massage his shoulders in sudden. Jongwoon cried again after he shed his tears few minutes ago when all the moments he had with Ryeowook happening again.

forgive me… I wish I could keep what we have so far.. but I do this for you, Ryeowook… I only want your happiness.. I know how miserable you are when you were with me.. please forgive me… I just want you to know one day that I would love you till the end of time.. thank you for making me the happiest man in the last four months. I love you…

 

“I want you to leave Ryeowook.. I know that you and my son are in a relationship right now.. someone also told me that Ryeowook loves to visit you in your office.. for God sake.. I don’t want to see my son entering that building again. I always know that he has a thing with a guy since he was around eight.. so when I found he keeps smiling alone, I know that he has someone else inside his heart. But I never thought that he could fall to someone like you while I have dozen of young lawyers who have perfect life than you.. I don’t know what he sees in you cause I see nothing when I saw you for the first time.. you are a fake for saying that you don’t need money cause everything in this world valued by money… so I’m going to ask you again… what you have so far so you think you can make Ryeowook happy?”

Jongwoon couldn’t answer the question cause he knew he didn’t have enough money to buy what Ryeowook used to have in his life. He kept squeezing his palms until he said, “I know I don’t have anything I can proud of in front you, sir… I don’t even know what your son sees in me.. I always know where I belong.. but that day, his eyes fell on me and I can’t control myself.. I never thought that our small talk could be special for Ryeowook… his appearance makes me happy like I could forget every problem that I have.. his...—“

“so you’re saying that my son who gives you happiness? do you know what he did once he got home? He brought his dirty clothes after staying in your house for couple days to the laundry sections… then he eats many foods that maybe he couldn’t find when he was with you.. he got everything he needs at home.. but to make you fall for him.. he does thing he never did so far.. he suffers under your care, Jongwoon-ssi.. and you brave to call what you have to Ryeowook as a love?”

Jongwoon couldn’t believe what he heard from Ryeowook’s father cause all this time he told himself to believe that Ryeowook was happy. but once he knew the truth, he understood how lacking he was about Ryeowook so far. and as he remained silence, he heard the old man continued his words.

“I don’t want to see my son like someone I never know again… leave him and he will stay here.. but if you don’t break up with him.. then I guess I will send him back to US.. where he belonged before he got back here.. he will meet someone with good background and I can guarantee his happiness. He’s suffering when he’s with you, Jongwoon-ssi.. can you please do this favor? If you love him.. do this for Ryeowook..”

“how can you know that we already break up but we’re still in a relationship behind you?”

“don’t worry about that, Jongwoon-ssi.. I have many eyes and ears around you.. don’t think that money can’t buy people.. you might be surprise that I know about you and Ryeowook from some people inside your firm.. so.. leave him and I won’t send Ryeowook away.. it’s your call..”

“how do I know that you won’t tell Ryeowook to leave Seoul after this?”

“trust me on this.. I’m a man with my words.. I never betray for what I said.. he will stay here…”

“okay… I will try my best to make a decision..”

“good.. I’m waiting the news today.. I’ll wait.. but if until tomorrow I heard that you two are still in a relationship.. you may say goodbye to Ryeowook forever..”

Jongwoon sighed again and closed his eyes. he mumbled, “I’m doing this for you, Ryeowook.. go back to your old life.. I will love you from my heart..”

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

It’d been two weeks since the drama on the courtroom and Jongwoon hadn’t seen Ryeowook from across the street. He was kind of worry that Mr. Unbeatable broke his promise about Ryeowook at US. he kept waiting around before he entered the firm or stayed a little bit longer outside after he went out from a court or investigation. But he never found Ryeowook or at least the car he used to drive parked outside the big building on the right side of National Lawyer firm. Jongwoon tightened his grip to the briefcase cause it was too cold outside with snow pouring so hard on December. Somehow, it made Jongwoon felt so much lonelier.

“still waiting for the prince to show up? [smirked] you’re hurting him, Jongwoon.. do you think he still wants you after what you did on the court?”

“is it wrong if I want to see him from a far, Donghae-ah?”

“no.. there’s nothing wrong, Jongwoon.. but you are such a … a coward.. you are being selfish..”

“what? [caught up with Donghae] how can you say I’m a coward? and I’m not being selfish.. I’m letting him go, remember?”

“you are letting him go.. but have you asked Ryeowook about what he really wants? you humiliated him at the court by saying you were using him so far.. and you also made this firm looks bad with the method you did.. even I know you really work your up.. but what you said is like… mmm… how can I say? digging your own grave?”

“guess now we’re really talking, Donghae-ah… how could a simple thing becomes this big now?”

“cause someone asked me if I’m your real boyfriend or not.. Jesus… I’m straight, man.. but for you… I covered your guilt.. I know, sooner or later, Ryeowook will ask me about that.. and here you are, waiting for him from a far like a holy … you really act like a now..”

With that, Donghae left Jongwoon alone outside the firm.

 

Ryeowook sat inside his own room, staring at his laptop and reading the report of SM Entertainment case against the former members of a group that called DBSK. He tried to focus but he failed and he kept reading the same lines for the last half an hour. He placed his chin on the table, boring with the routine he had to do even this was his first day after locking himself for around two weeks.

“this is so boring… God… if I were with Jongwoon… he probably leads me to another case I never found..”

Damn it! why I have to remember him again? gosh! he’s happy with Donghae hyung… why you have to keep misery with you, Ryeowook?

He turned page after page cause he didn’t want to stare at the laptop anymore but everything was the same. Ryeowook didn’t want to be there cause the activity was killing him softly. boring… boring.. and more boring…

“I think I should find something to eat.. it’s better to fill my stomach than I have to read any of this..”

Ryeowook stood up, grabbed a thick coat and wallet from inside the drawer before he walked out from his room. he saw his dad’s door for a second, smiled inside cause it was closed. He knew his dad might be inside the room or outside and Ryeowook didn’t want to waste his time. he walked with his head facing the floor and succeed to reach outside when the cold wind welcomed him. ! it’s too cold outside.. I need to get hurry..

He stopped a taxi to brought him further from Gwanghamun area, and for the first time after a while, he didn’t look to another firm across the street.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Jongwoon smiled when he found the angelic smile that already lost from his life three months ago about few meters from where he stood. Then his heart shrink when he saw Ryeowook’s hand was being held to someone else’s Jongwoon didn’t know. he found out that the man who stood next to Ryeowook was a gorgeous one with smart character on his face, made Jongwoon assumed the smart man also came from a nice family with many gold on his back. He was sure about it cause he dared to hold Ryeowook’s hand from inside the firm and it meant Ryeowook’s dad knew about this guy.

Finally… Ryeowook found his new happiness… it’s really nice to see you smiling like that, Ryeowook.. I’m happy for you.. – was all Jongwoon said before he left the spot that familiar to him as a perfect place to see Ryeowook from a far. it was hidden behind a hotdog seller and all the people who bought it.

Jongwoon blended with some people that were walking on his way to the firm, hiding himself among them so Ryeowook couldn’t find him. he could see that Ryeowook and the gorgeous man left the firm with the yellow sport car, made Jongwoon stopped his step. He turned around to see the view clearly and sighed deeply.

I guess it’s time for me to leave you for real, Ryeowook… you are holding your happiness from now on.. don’t you ever let it go.. your smile is precious and I hope that lucky gorgeous man will realize it..

Pulling the door glass, Jongwoon entered the building with his heart he lost on the way he walked to the office.

“things will change from now on..” he said to himself.

Once he reached his desk, he heard his name being called and Jongwoon hurriedly walked into his senior’s room. not until two minutes passed, he walked out, grabbed his coat and told his feet to leave the firm. Jongwoon got order to pick up an evidence from Green Enterprise about the tax accusation from government office. he caught the 2876 green bus to reach Daemun-ro area which where the yellow sport car went too.

 

Ryeowook could sense there were some people following him and Kim Heechul, someone he was trying to get close to cause his dad asked him to open his heart. He kept staring at the guy who was explaining about monetary and economy since they arrived on Blue Restaurant. Ryeowook was more concern about few men he saw outside the place and think it would be more awesome if Kim Heechul was Jongwoon. he believed that Jongwoon would talk about movies or music they loved and – ! Heechul was still talking about… what??

“I want to drink Starbucks.. can you buy a cappuccino for me? I saw Starbucks across this restaurant.. [handed some money] here.. you can buy a drink too.. [stood up] I’ll pay for our lunch.”

Ryeowook stared at Heechul in disbelief after he was being told to grab a coffee from Starbucks. He didn’t mind about it cause he used to do it too when he was with Jongwoon but his ex-boyfriend never told him to go alone. He also remembered that Jongwoon never told him but he always used ‘please’ and went to look for a table to wait for him. he stood up half-heartedly and walked to the door.

I can’t believe dad wants me to date this guy… how could I open my heart for someone else while I have to accept an like Heechul? Damn! this is the first and the last time, dad! I would never want to go out with this guy again!

Ryeowook made his way to Starbucks and cursed when he saw the people who were in line in getting their coffees.

Ryeowook’s attention moved from his phone to the screams and shout from Blue Restaurant where he saw so many people were surrounding something. God! why do people love to see unusual things now? perhaps Heechul is bragging himself there, he had on his mind. he continued to play the game again but in few seconds, his attention went to the restaurant again as he heard the ambulance and saw the police car came at the same time. what the is going on there?

Ryeowook left Starbucks and ran a little to where he ate few minutes ago…

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

“what’s going on? [tone rose up] can’t you please tell me what’s going on? for God sake, Heechul… you’re not even bleeding.. who’s the man the ambulance taking?”

Ryeowook was still want to yelling to Heechul to find out what was going on but when he saw some policemen walked closer to him, he knew he would get what he wanted to know from them.

“excuse me… [smiled to Ryeowook and Heechul] are you Kim Ryeowook? [Ryeowook nodded] a son of Kim Ryeohyun?”

“yes I am, sir.. I am his son and my name is Kim Ryeowook. can you please tell me what’s going on, sir?”

“the man, who tried to stab him.. [pointed to Heechul] is Mr. Park Minkyung. Do you know him?”

“mmm… I don’t think I know him.. his name is not familiar to me.. what’s wrong?”

“he said his family have to pay charge and his wife killed herself in jail because your dad won the case and there’s no justice for the right side.. I already told my men to check about this case and…”

“and what? please.. it’s okay.. just tell me the truth..”

“this case is still being under surveillance from the Law Department since your father being accused accepting the money from Twilight Company to turn the guilty to the other side…”

“my dad is under some investigation?”

“yes… and he said he wanted to seek a revenge and he thought your partner as you...”

Looked up, met his eyes to Heechul’s, Ryeowook said, “he’s not my partner… he’s just someone my dad knew and he asked me to take this man for lunch..”

“aaah.. I see.. forgive me for thinking he is your life partner..”

“it’s okay… and… what about the ambulance? Does Mr. Park Minkyung got shot or something?”

“no.. he’s been taken to the police department.. someone saved your friend.. he got stab on his stomach..”

Closed his lips with his hand, Ryeowook almost screamed. “oh my God.. is he okay? where is the ambulance go?”

“Seoul Central Hospital… we haven’t got his identity but one of my men already followed the ambulance..”

“I guess I need to see him… just to say thank you..”

 

“Jongwooooon!! Jongwooooooooooooon!!”

Jongwoon looked at the door, smiling a little when he saw Donghae ran as fast as he could to enter the room. he saw his colleagues were following Donghae but suddenly his sight got blocked by Donghae who already standing beside the bed.

“what’s going on? I came here as soon as I heard the news.. oh my God, Jongwoon… you’re bleeding..”

He saw his other friends greeted him and Jongwoon replied with his smiles to everyone that came to the ICU, watching him being bandaged by a nurse.

“I’m fine.. the knife got my skin but it’s not too deep..”

“who said it’s not deep, Jongwoon-ssi? [turned to the visitors] he’s lucky he could talk now.. thank God, he didn’t lose so many bloods cause we’re running out AB type..” a nurse explained.

“but… I can go home after this, right?”

“you should stay for a night or two.. just to prevent unwanted things.. the doctor can check you anytime.. beside..”

“I want to go home, nurse.. I have things to do and I have to finish them as soon as I can..”

“but you’re not allowed to move fast or do heavy things.. [turned to Donghae] you seem close to him.. can you please watch him over? Just in case something happen… you can bring him back here.. [stared at Jongwoon again] remember! you’re so lucky to be alive! don’t do anything stupid to make your wound wide open again.”

“I promise.. you done?”

“yes.. it’s done.. sit here first… I’m going to write down your name.. the police asked me to do it..”

“okay…”

Donghae and the other lawyers were waiting until everything finished before they helped to bring Jongwoon to the car. After that, they drove the car leaving Seoul Central Hospital.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Ryeowook arrived at the hospital 10 minutes, once he finished giving all the information that needed by the police. He went here and there but he didn’t find someone with stab case. So he brought his feet to the information section and asked for someone he was looking for.

“excuse me.. do you have someone who got stabbed around lunch time or after?”

“the case from Blue Restaurant?”

“yes.. can I see the victim, please?”

“he’s on ICU, I guess..”

“okay.. thank you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter