Four.

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FOUR:

GUT FEELING

 

“Do it again, sinosijak!” Hanbin shouted. After the meeting with CEO Yang saying that their debut was delayed, they were more eager to practice in order to make their debut a successful one so they decided to go practice 3 days after the meeting—because for some reasons the practice room wasn’t available during those 3 days—and despite Jiwon’s attempts to stop Hanbin from practicing, the latter still went saying that he’s the leader and him being pregnant wouldn’t really stop him from ordering the others to not slack off. Also, he’ promised to make minimal moves even though the both of them know that it wouldn’t happen because Hanbin would still end up showing the others the right way to do a certain dance move.

 

Hanbin then started the music with him sitting in front of them eyeing all of their moves. Hanbin thought of what happened the past few days, it was surreal, he doesn’t even know how he’ll tell the others but Jiwon told him to forget about it even just for a few days so he wouldn’t be too stressed. He can’t stop though.

 

After the appointment in the clinic, Jiwon had been updated to everything Hanbin has been doing, not that he isn’t though and Jiwon told Hanbin that he’ll stick with him through everything because “it’s my child too, I have every right to be there for him… or her.” And Hanbin felt a slight pang in his chest and he doesn’t know why he’s so bothered by the fact that Jiwon’s only willing to stay because of the child.

 

A little over the chorus when Hanbin suddenly snapped and the others were too stunned to interfere. “Chanwoo, I’ve been telling you to do the moves properly for a thousand times already. You weren’t put in IKON just so you can slack off so stop dragging the others down!” Hanbin exclaimed and Chanwoo stood there, head hung low.

 

Everyone was stunned to the point that even Jinhwan doesn’t know what to say. Heck, even Hanbin was surprised with what he said. He didn’t mean it, he knows Chanwoo is still sensitive about the topic of being a new addition to their group. Everyone was used to Hanbin ordering them around because he’s their leader and he has every right to say what to do especially when it comes to dancing but Hanbin isn’t one to hurt someone’s feelings intentionally so hearing him say those words to Chanwoo was shocking.

 

“Hanbin-ah, isn’t that a bit harsh? You know Chanwoo’s still adjusting and he’s been under too much pressure for being the new member.” Jinhwan said but Hanbin didn’t reply.

 

“Uh… why don’t we take a break and I’ll talk to Hanbin.” Jiwon said and Jinhwan nodded, the others immediately sat down to take a rest and Chanwoo silently sits in a corner beside Donghyuk. Hanbin feels guilty, he didn’t mean it and he’s blaming his hormones.

 

“Hey.” Jiwon said softly. Hanbin looked up at him with guilty eyes and he looks like he’s about to cry.

 

“I feel like . I don’t even know why I said that… I—I’m… sorry. Wait, where is he? Chanwoo-yah!” Hanbin shouted. Jiwon didn’t know how to react, one minute Hanbin looks like he’s about to cry and the next, he’s calling Chanwoo’s name begging the latter to come near him. Hanbin decided to stand up and sit beside Chanwoo, who made no attempt to move.

 

“Aw, maknae-yah, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it.” Hanbin said side hugging Chanwoo, who still had his head hung low.

 

“Hey… talk to me.” Hanbin whispered but the latter is too busy staring at the floor to say anything. Jiwon was just watching the two of them and he doesn’t know if it’s the hormones but Hanbin looks like a kid trying to bribe another kid to talk to him.

 

After a few minutes, Jiwon saw Hanbin stood up and sat beside him, snuggling and hiding his face on the crook of his neck.

 

“Chanwoo doesn’t want to talk to me.” Hanbin whined and Jiwon laughed. Hanbin sent him a glare that caused Jiwon to laugh more.

 

“Sorry, you look like a kid.” He said.

 

“Is that a bad thing?” Hanbin asked.

 

“Of course not, you look cute and let Chanwoo sulk for a while. Eventually, he’ll start talking to you again. You’re one of his favorite hyungs so…” Jiwon said and Hanbin could feel his cheeks growing hotter. What the hell, Hanbin. Why are you blushing? He thought. Hanbin cleared his throat and decided to just end practice today even if it’s still early.

 

“Okay, everyone, let’s go home. Practice’s over!” Hanbin shouted and everyone released a sigh of relief. They immediately gathered their stuffs and went to the van.

 

 

 ♤

 

 

The ride home as usual, was loud. Yunhyeong and Jinhwan talking over something Hanbin doesn’t know and Jiwon, Junhoe and Donghyuk playing rock, paper, and scissors with Chanwoo watching them. Hanbin was too tired to join them so he settled himself leaning by the window, looking outside.

 

When they got home, Jinhwan immediately went to the kitchen to cook. Junhoe and Yunhyeong went to their rooms while Jiwon and Donghyuk were chasing each other.

 

“Hyung, stop running.” Chanwoo said, laughing. Hanbin doesn’t really know why they’re chasing each other but he doesn’t really care at the moment. Hanbin was tired but he doesn’t want to lie on his bed yet so he decided to join Jinhwan in the kitchen.

 

“Hey, are you alright?” Jinhwan asked.

 

“Yeah, why?” He replied.

“I don’t know but something’s different about you.” Jinhwan said and Hanbin’s breath hitched.

 

“What do you mean, hyung?” Hanbin asked, nervously. He isn’t ready to tell them yet. Especially when he knows that he’s one of the reasons why their debut was delayed. He doesn’t want to see their disappointed faces, he’s the leader yet he’s the one who’s bringing them down.

 

“You’ve been—“Jinhwan was cut off by Donghyuk who was running on their way.

 

“Hyung, watch out!” He shouted and then the inevitable happened. Hanbin was suddenly pushed towards the table causing his abdomen to collide with one of the chairs before crashing down on the floor.

 

When Jiwon came into the kitchen hoping to catch Donghyuk, he was greeted by the sight of a shocked Jinhwan and Chanwoo, Donghyuk was on the floor with a panicked face and Hanbin who was beside him, hand on his abdomen groaning in pain.

 

“What happened?” Jiwon asked, rushing to Hanbin’s side. Hanbin couldn’t say anything, he’s in too much pain and the thought of losing his baby scares him.

 

“Hanbin hyung collided with the chair.” Donghyuk said.

 

“What?!” Jiwon shouted causing the others to flinch with the sudden outburst.

 

“Hyung, go start the car. We’re bringing Hanbin to the clinic.” Jiwon said. Jinhwan immediately grabbed the car keys and went out while Donghyuk stood up and informed the others what happened.

 

“Hyung, why are you bleeding?” Chanwoo asked. Jiwon looked at Hanbin and saw blood dripping down, fear started to creep its way and Hanbin only moaned in response. , the baby. Jiwon thought.

 

He immediately carried Hanbin, bridal style, to the van with the others following behind. Jiwon gave the address of the clinic to Jinhwan while he was telling Dr. Hwang what happened on the phone. It was a total chaos inside the van but Hanbin couldn’t care less, he’s in pain and he’s worried about his baby.

 

 

 ♤

 

When they arrived in the clinic, Hanbin was immediately sent to the emergency room. Jiwon wanted to be beside Hanbin but Dr. Hwang and the nurses didn’t allow him. Jiwon let himself fall down onto the floor, rubbing his face out of anxiety.

 

Jiwon doesn’t know what to do. What if Hanbin loses the baby? There are a lot of thoughts running in his head and he’s hoping nothing wrong will happen. Hanbin had been through a lot these past few days and he doesn’t want Hanbin to feel at fault for whatever will happen when he sees him. The rest of them were silent for a while until Yunhyeong decided to break it,

 

“What happened?” He asked.

 

“I accidentally pushed Hanbin hyung so his abdomen collided with the chair and then he fell down… he was bleeding. I—I’m sorry.” Donghyuk said with his head hung low.

 

“Hey, it was an accident and I’m pretty sure Hanbin’s going to be fine so stop crying.” Jinhwan said, patting Donghyuk’s back.

 

“Why was he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter