A Boy's Wish

A Boy's Wish

Chapter 9

 

Yuri was walking to the mall to meet up with Youngwoong when someone suddenly grabbed onto her hand and pulled her. He pushed her to the wall as her eyes opened widely. She wanted to run away but he held her close.

 

"What do you want, Changmin Oppa? Let me go." She said, struggling to free herself.

 

"Never Yuri. Never. I love you so much." He said, trying to kiss her but received a hard slap from her instead.

 

He turned to look at her, shocked and surprised while touching his cheek where her hand had left a red mark. She was trembling with anger, desperately pushing him away.

 

"Our relationship is over, Oppa. I can't love you when I know how shallow your love towards me is. I'm not a doll Oppa, that you can fool around. If you like her, just go to her and leave me alone, please." She choked out, finally freeing herself from his grip and quickly ran away, holding back her tears from rolling down her cheeks.

 

Changmin just stood there like a statue since he was taken aback by her action. He never thought she would have the heart to slap him but he snapped out of it when he realized Yuri was already gone, leaving him there all alone.

 

"No. You are wrong, Yuri. I love you, not her." He muttered to himself.

 

Youngwoong was eating his white vanilla ice cream happily when Yuri arrived. He quickly showed an already melting ice cream to her excitedly.

 

"Ice cream." He told her.

 

Her pink plump lips formed into a smile. How could she not smile right now? He was so adorable. She took the ice cream and giggled a bit when her finger got wet from the sticky ice cream.

 

"When did you buy this?" She asked, the bottom quickly, all the sticky melting ice cream.

 

"Just now." He replied proudly.

 

Both sat down together on the bench, finishing up the ice cream. Then they went to wash their hands together.

 

After they were done, they started to walk around the mall, talking and laughing. If anybody saw them but not knowing their real relationship, they would think that Yuri was the mother and Youngwoong, the son, by the way they were acting.

 

"Auntie Yul." Youngwoong called her, after a while.

 

"Hmmm?" Yuri asked, putting the heather light gray neps-textured henleys shirt against his small body, smiling to see it fit him perfectly.

 

"When do you want to see my daddy?" He asked.

 

She chuckled. She took another crystal blue rugby-stripe long sleeve tee and put it against him, choosing new clothes for him. He told her that his daddy would never ask if he had new clothes because he had enough pocket money to spend to buy clothes anytime he wanted.

 

"Why do you want me to see your daddy, Youngwoong? You always ask me this question." She said, walking to the counter to pay all the clothes she had chose for him.

 

He quickly followed from behind, busy thinking of a suitable reason to persuade her to meet his daddy. He couldn't wait anymore. He didn't want Yoona to marry his daddy. No. Never. He wanted Yuri to marry his daddy and become his mommy.

 

"Auntie Yul." He moaned, giving Yuri his best puppy-dog eyes, ignoring the way the cashier was looking at him.

 

"Alright, alright. I can never say no to you, especially when you give me your puppy-dog eyes." She giggled.

 

He smiled widely. His daddy would like Yuri immediately like he did. Soon, his daddy would marry Yuri and he would have a mother, making him smile dreamily.

 

Yuri looked at herself in the mirror, sighing heavily. She had to do something to her straight, waist-length, brownish black hair. They looked so messy.

 

"Argh, why is this so difficult? I'm just meeting his father, right? Calm down, Yuri, calm yourself down." She muttered, taking a hair band to tied her hair up into a neat ponytail.

 

"You must prepare yourself to listen to his scold. Oh, my god. What if he finds out about me pretending to be his wife? I'm doomed for sure." She choked out, covering her face with her hands and shook her head.

 

"Maybe...Maybe I should just postponed this...no, don't be so heartless, Yuri! Youngwoong is waiting for you!" She scold herself, for being so selfish.

 

She got up and smoother the blue scoopneck, 3/4 length sleeve, knee-length iz byer california cable-knit drop waist dress she was wearing. Youngwoong reminded her to be herself and don't be afraid. She sighed. How could she not be afraid? She was going to meet his father and it felt like she was going to meet the headmaster at her university.

 

"Well, here goes nothing. Good luck, Yuri." She murmured, starting the car engine and drove to Youngwoong's house.

 

"No, don't wear that." Youngwoong groaned, quickly climing up into his closet to looked for something more suitable for his daddy.

 

"Why not?" Yunho asked in amuse, watching his son so excited.

 

He didn't even know how to react when last night Youngwoong asked him not to go anywhere because he wanted to introduce his auntie. God knew how surprised he was when Youngwoong proudly told him that this auntie actually when to meet the teachers and even signed the reported card on behalf of him when he was so busy.

 

"This. Wear this." Youngwoong said excitedly, shoving a blue plaid button-down flannel shirt to his father.

 

"Alright, if you say so." Yunho said, wearing the shirt and then watched his son walked to the dressing table to take the comb to comb his hair.

 

"Hurry up, daddy. Auntie is coming."

 

"Why are you so excited introducing me to this auntie of yours? Who is she actually?" Yunho asked, while combing his short, brownish black hair.

 

"She is so special, hot, flawless, talented and beautiful." Youngwoong said proudly, when thinking about Yuri who was soon going to be his mommy, his new mommy.

 

"Is she that special? Then I want to meet her even more." Yunho said, and suddenly scooped his son up and brought him to the livingroom.

 

Youngwoong laughed in his father's arms. Then he heard a familiar car engine outside.

 

"She's here. She's here." Youngwoong announced, as Yunho put his son down.

 

Youngwoong ran to the front door to opened it. He smiled widely to see Yuri wearing a blue dress, so perfect with his daddy, 'Blue and blue. Just like a couple already.' Youngwoong thought, smiling dreamily.

 

"Auntie Yul." He waved happily, making Yuri smile to see how happy the little guy was when he saw her.

 

"Welcome. Come in." Youngwoong invited, taking her by the hand and pulled her into the house.

 

She looked around smiling before her eyes landed on the person, standing three feet away from her, 'So, this is his father? Not bad and handsome, too.' She thought, 'Oh, my god! What did I just think just now?!' She scolded herself silently, but she couldn't help from smiling shyly.

 

"So, you are the special auntie he keeps talking about? Hi, nice to meet you again. If you remember my name, its Jung Yunho, Youngwoong's father." Yunho said, reaching out his hand while she accepted it.

 

"I'm Kwon Yuri." Yuri choked out.

 

"Auntie Yul is still single, daddy." Youngwoong announced, without thinking, making Yuri's face turned red.

 

"Huh? What are you talking about, Youngwoong? I'm so sorry for his behavior, Miss Kwon." Yunho quickly apologized.

 

"I'm just telling the truth!" Youngwoong grumbled, already sulking.

 

"It's okay. He's still a kid." Yuri said, smiling down at Youngwoong, making him nod quickly, happy that Yuri is defending him against his daddy.

 

"I guess I can't blame him now with you on his side." Yunho said, laughing a bit.

 

"Let's eat. I'm hungry." Youngwoong moaned, taking Yuri's hand while giving her his puppy-dog eyes.

 

Yuri looked up at Yunho, waiting for him to say anything. Chuckling, Yunho walked to the dining room with Yuri and Youngwoong following from behind.

 

"Wow." Yuri gasped, to see all the food on the table.

 

"These food are good but the food you make is more delicious, auntie Yul." Youngwoong said in his boyish voice.

 

Yunho almost choked when hearing his words. This woman in front of him already cooked something for his son? When? Where? What kind of food?

 

Yuri smiled, pouring the juice into Youngwoong's glass. Then she took some rice, vegetables and meats and put it into Youngwoong's bowl. After she was done, she looked up to see Yunho's gaze on her, making her face turned back to red.

 

"I'm so sorry. I forgot that you are here with us. I already used to putting food into Youngwoong's bowl." Yuri quickly apologized in embarrassment.

 

"It's okay. It's not like its against the law or something. Let's eat." He said, taking his chopstick and begans to eat but his eyes were on her to see how she treated Youngwoong as if nobody else was there. She even wiped the rice on his soft, rounded lips while telling him to slow down the pace of his eating.

 

"Why don't you eat, too?" She asked, when she realized Yunho hadn't eat the meat that he was holding with his chopstick.

 

He looked down and saw that the meat was about to fall down and quickly put it into his mouth embarrassingly. Yuri, on the other hand, continued her eating while once in a while, helping Youngwoong take some of the food he couldn't reach.