A Boy's Wish

A Boy's Wish

Chapter 1
 

He stood up straight, looking for something. His tiny hand gripped onto something and took it out from the pocket of his dark blue fleece pullover hoodie. It was a photo of his mother, his late mother to be exactly. His mother passed away three years ago, leaving him and his father alone. Well, it seemed like it didn't affect his father's life at all as he was a very busy man.

 

Youngwoong looked at a couple with a small boy. He envied to see how happy there were, unlike him. Since his mother left him, he didn't have anyone to talk to, to play with. No one even told him any stories when it was time for bed. He rarely saw his father at home, even during breakfast and dinner. It seemed like he was the only person who live in the big house. There were a few maids working there but they would go home before the night arrived and they usually ignored him, too busy with their own work. He felt so alone, so sad.

 

"I want a mother." He finally choked out.

 

He ran out from the mall, crying. He had been there for almost eight hours, watching other families. He had been going there since the past three months, wanting some entertainment to cheer himself up but he couldn't find anything except more sadness. He really wanted someone he could call a mother, a friend, his best friend, just like his late mother.

 

He ran without even looking where he had been running. He didn't care anymore. His heart was breaking into a million of pieces, remembering what his father had told him a few days ago, the last time they even spoke together.

 

*Flashback*

 

"I don't want to hear anything about it anymore. You do know how busy I am. I'm working so hard to give you money. Please don't give me more headaches and go into your room to study." Yunho, his father ordered, pointing to the stairs.

 

Sadly, he obeyed but the whole night, he had been crying alone. His father would never understand what he wanted, why he wanted it. He just wished his father would remarry again, so he could have a mother. Was that so hard?

 

*End of Flashback*

 

He finally reached a church. He entered the building with his oval-shaped face still wet from crying. He ignored everything and entered a small cubicle, closing the curtains.

 

"I want a mother." He said, while sitting on the chair.

 

"Do you have any problem with your family?" A voice asked him.

 

"I don't want to be alone again. I want a mother." Youngwoong repeated, wiping the tears on his face.