A Boy's Wish

A Boy's Wish

Chapter 2

 

Yunho entered the house slowly, tiredly. He had attended three meetings and even skipped his dinner. Now, he was so hungry. He went to the dining room, expecting to see food on the table but everything was clear except for a vase of red roses in the middle of it.

 

He groaned, walking to the kitchen. It was a very tiring day for him and his stomach was already empty. He needed something to eat, just anything.

 

"Daddy?"

 

He turned to see his son, Youngwoong, in his green teengage mutant ninja turtles pajama, holding a teddy bear, looking at him.

 

"What time is it right now? Why aren't you asleep yet?" Yunho asked, looking at his michael kors 'runaway' chronograph bracelet watch.

 

It was already 10:50, past his bedtime. Youngwoong gripped onto the hand of his bear tightly, looking at his father. The bear was actually the present from his late mother, Sunny, on his fifth birthday, the last time they celebrated it together as a family.

 

"Daddy, I..."

 

"Go to sleep now. I'm so tired right now to hear any of your cries again." Yunho said, pointing towards the stairs. Youngwoong looked at him with his watery dark brown, cresent-shaped eyes. He had only said two words and his dad is already ordering him to sleep? He quickly ran upstairs to his room, crying. His daddy would never love him like his mommy.

 

"Kids nowadays." Yunho muttered, taking out a bottle of milk from the refrigerator and a box of cereal from the cupboard.

 

It was seven in the morning when Youngwoong woke up, rubbing his swollen eyes slowly. He didn't have any mood to go to school. In fact, he had been skipping class for almost a month now. He didn't care anymore. Why should he go to school if that place couldn't bring any happiness to him?

 

After cleaning himself up, he took out a black logo tee shirt and navy jeans. After wearing them, he went into the bathroom to combed his short, light brown hair nicely. He ignored the shaking heads from the maids when they saw him skipping his class again, today. He just walked out from the house, going to visit his mother.

 

"Mommy, I miss you so much." He choked out, between his cries.

 

Every single morning, he would go there and cry. After a few hours, he would go to the mall, watching other people do their own activity.

 

"Why did you have to leave me all alone? Daddy never cares about me. He just cares about his work." Youngwoong choked out, crying to himself even more.