A Boy's Wish

A Boy's Wish

Chapter 4

 

Youngwoong was wondering around in the mall alone, just like usual. His eyes gazed sadly at each family he saw, biting his lower lips, holding in his cries. None actually pay any attention to him, not even the guards.

 

He saw a bench and sat on it. He looked at a couple who was talking happily while pushing a baby cart. His eyes went watery. He wished someone just like his mommy would give that much love to him, too.

 

"What are you doing here, little guy? Where are your parents? Why aren't you at school right now?" A woman asked him.

 

He looked up at her, too startled to say anything. She smiled, reaching out her hands and brushed his tears away gently.

 

"Come on, you must be hungry right now. I will treat you to some burger." She said, taking his hand, bringing him to the fast food restaurant.

 

She chose a kids meal for him and a mini meal for herself. Both looked for a place to sit and picked the corner. He watched her, blinking his eyes in puzzlement. She smiled, looking at him with her hands holding a piece of fries when she noticed his gaze.

 

"Go on. Eat up before it gets cold. Later, I will send you back to your parents." She said, still with the smile on her oval-shaped face.

 

Youngwoong began to smile a bit. He ate his burger and fries slowly while glancing at the woman once in a while. He knew he wasn't supposed to talk or even follow her because she was a stranger to him but he didn't care anymore.

 

Yuri smiled. She herself didn't know why she felt attracted to this little kid. At first, she wanted to relief her sorrow after her fiance didn't even reply to her call. She admitted that her faith on her fiance, Changmin, was getting lesser, especially now as they rarely spend the time together. He seemed to give her so many excuses with his work and family until she was so tired on listening what he wanted to say this time.

 

"Aunties, what is your name?" Youngwoong asked, after he was done the food.

 

"Yuri, but you can call me aunt Yul." Yuri said, with a smile.

 

"What's your name?" She asked, watching him wipe his mouth with a tissue.

 

"Jung Youngwoong. Auntie, can I see you again tomorrow?" Youngwoong asked, giving Yuri his puppy-dog eyes, making her chuckled.

 

"Of course, but don't you have to ask your parents for permission first?" She asked.

 

"What's your job?" Youngwoong asked some more.

 

"Your a very curious boy, aren't you? Alright. I'm a fashion designer but I work at home. I live on the opposite side of the Han river." Yuri replied, with a smile.

 

Youngwoong smiled widely while thinking, 'This aunties could be my new mommy.'