A Boy's Wish

A Boy's Wish

Chapter 17

 

"I like black and white." Youngwoong commented, as Yuri and he went to pick out the wedding cards.

 

"Hmmm, what about this one?" Yuri asked, showing the white card to him with a bouquet of red roses printed at the corner of it.

 

"Beautiful!" Youngwoong gasped, while Yuri smiled, please.

 

Yunho wasn't there with them. He had to go to the office to do some work but reminded Youngwoong to be her bodyguard and the happy boy quickly replied 'Yes, boss' to him which made Yunho and Yuri laughed to see his childish attitude.

 

"Alright, we will take this one." Yuri decided with Youngwoong nodding his head towards the sale associate.

 

"Nice choice." The sale associate commented, and Youngwoong and Yuri smiled at each other, proud.

 

"I have written all the information in the card." Yuri said, and the sale associate took the card.

 

"I will call when the cards is ready." The sale associate said, as Yuri handed half of the payment to her.

 

"Let's go to the bakery this time." Youngwoong said, his lips, remembering the sweetness of the cakes he tasted.

 

"Alright." She said, and off they went from one bakery to another, choosing the best for the wedding cake.

 

Yunho had just finished his meeting when Sunyoung approached him. He looked at her and smiled.

 

"What is it?" He asked, taking the file from her to read the contents.

 

"Miss Im is here." She said.

 

Yunho sighed heavily. He had no more idea how to make Yoona understand that he didn't have any feelings towards her, not in the past, not now, not in the future. He already had someone in his mind and heart right now and her name is Kwon Yuri.

 

"Can you please tell her I'm busy right now?" He asked, finally making up his mind.

 

"But she's standing right in front of your room." She said, and at the same time, they could hear Yoona's loud voice.

 

"Yunho Oppa, finally you have finished your meeting. How about we have lunch together?" Yoona said, snaking her hand around Yunho's arm boldly.

 

His co-worker looked at Yoona's behavior with a shocked expression on their faces. Yunho's face turned red as he quickly pulled his arm back from Yoona's grip.

 

"I'm so sorry, Miss Im, but I have already promised my fiance and son to have lunch together." He said, emphasis the word fiance so Yoona would understand his meaning.

 

Yoona's face expression changed from happy to irritated. Trying to calm herself down, her hand turned into a fist by her side. How could he say that? How could he humiliate her in front of his co-workers?

 

Yunho sighed after Yoona stormed out from his office. Finally, he had his peace now. He looked at his co-workers and smiled.

 

"You guys may continue your work." He said, before walking away to his office.

 

"How is it?" Yuri asked, as Youngwoong tasted some of the white cake with some orchid flowers on it.

 

"Too sweet." He commented, taking another plate of a simple white cake.

 

"Too sweet again." He said.

 

"Really?" Yuri asked, taking a fork and took just a little piece of the cake and tasted it while Youngwoong pursed his lips.

 

"Your right. Too sweet." She choked out, quickly drinking the glass of water the owner of the bakery put just in front of her.

 

Youngwoong cried, moving his body from left to right. Yuri bitted her pale pink lower lips, trying to keep him still while the doctor checked on him. It was a week before the wedding and Youngwoong ended up having a high fever, maybe too tired with all the preparation and his small body couldn't take it anymore.

 

"I have to inject him." The doctor said.

 

"No!" Youngwoong cried, moving even more.

 

"Youngwoong, honey, it doesn't hurt at all." Yuri said, trying to coax him but Youngwoong didn't listen to her at all.

 

"Youngwoong, you are a man and a man can take any pain at all." Yunho said, trying to calm Youngwoong down but it made the little boy wailed even louder.

 

"Pain! Don't want!" He cried.

 

"Please hold him still?" The doctor said.

 

Yuri and Yunho quickly held Youngwoong to the bed, trying to hold him still from all the movement as the doctor injected his buttock.

 

"There. Let him rest up for now and give him the medicine on time." The doctor said.

 

"I walk him out." Yunho told Yuri, before leading the doctor out from Youngwoong's room.

 

Youngwoong sobbed. He turned to looked at Yuri as she gave him a smile.

 

"You are so brave, Youngwoong. Come on, let me hug you, little warrior." She said, pulling him into her arms and hugged him as he sobbed.

 

"Shhh, its okay. It feels like an ant bite, right?" She coaxed him, with her gentle and soft voice, his back gently.

 

"You are a strong boy and my strong boy won't cry for a just tiny pain, right?" She added, and he nodded slowly with his eyes getting heavier.

 

Yunho walked back into his son's room, only to see him in his fiance's arms and already deep asleep. Yunho sighed, approaching them as Yuri gently laid Youngwoong back on his bed and pulled the comforter to cover his small body.

 

"What did the doctor say?" She asked worriedly, looking up at Yunho.

 

"He is just exhausted." Yunho said, gently rubbing her hand.

 

"Let's go out so he can rest." He said, and together, both walked out from Youngwoong's room and went to the living room.

 

Both sat down next to one another on the couch with her laying her head on his shoulder. Their hands entwine together.

 

"I don't like to see him like this, Yunho Oppa. It hurts me so much to see him in so much pain." Yuri choked out, "I know. He is my son and soon to be yours." He replied, and her cheeks turned red a bit, realizing that he was mentioning about after their wedding, Youngwoong would be her son, too.

 

"Fortunately, all the preparation has been done." She sighed.

 

"Have you talked with all your friends who are going to be the bridesmaids?" He asked.

 

"Yeah. They will come in 5 or 8 more days." She said.

 

"When are your family going to come?" He asked, and she smiled.

 

"Same as my friends. My mom and dad wanted to bring some cookies for Youngwoong but they said that they have something to do first, some family ritual." She explained, and he nodded slowly.

 

"I'm glad that your family accepted me." He said, and she giggled.

 

"They will accept anyone I choose and besides, they love Youngwoong already, just like he's their own grandson." Yuri said, with a wide smile, remembering the time when Youngwoong and her family met for the first time, not long ago.

 

"Hmmm, then, after the marriage, we have to add more family members." He said naughtily, and she blushed furiously.

 

"Of course, since I want Youngwoong to have more friends." She choked out, and he laughed.