Chapter Five

Do NOT Read This Please...

I walked into the room all eyes on me. Everyone was already in their seats and there was only one seat left. I walked up to the teacher to get my book. I stood there awkwardly, the teacher staring down at some papers. I coughed lightly to get his attention.

"Oh, hello you must be new here." He said finally looking up smiling.

Well duh I'm new.                                               

"Uh yeah." I said rubbing my arm.

"What's your name?" He asked eyebrows rose.

"Suzuki Airi." I answered quietly.

"Okay why don't you sit over there?" He said pointing to the only empty spot.

 I looked over to my new seat to see who I would be sitting next to.

THANK THE LORD; I SIT NEXT TO MIYABI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I looked to the left of the chair only to find....... yes you guessed it.

Taemin.

Screw me.

I walked over to my seat smiling at Miyabi who waved back at me. I gave a tight smile to Taemin whom was excitedly greeting me. I opened up the music text book that was lying on my desk and skimmed through it. It was really the basic things about music. Learning how to write music, the different music generations, the different notes each instrument has, etc. 

"Well class we have a new student here and her name is Airi." He said clapping his hands together.

"Ha! I knew it! I-knew-that-was-your-name,-I-felt-kind-of-stupid-calling-you-Airi-yesterday-if-it-were-to-turn-out-not-to-be-your-name-but-it-is-and-I'm-going-to-be-quiet-now." Taemin shouted, then mumbled the last couple words.

"Uh thank you Taemin for your random outburst." The teacher said jokingly.

"You’re welcome." Taemin said turning red.

I smiled slightly and shook my head rolling my eyes at the kid.

"Yes this is Airi Suzuki, she transferred here from- wait where?" He asked confused.

Stupid thinks he knows it all.

"Japan." I answered him.

"Ah yes- Japan, please treat her well." He said clapping his hands together again.

"Well, since your new here, and probably have no experience with music coming from Japan, why don't you play the piano for us?" He asked pointing towards the grand piano.

Wow rude much?

"Gladly." I answered upset at his smart mouth attitude.

I walked over to the piano and sat down at the bench and started to play the familiar song my mom composed. My fingers danced across the keys. My mom would play this during the summer a lot. I would sit on the old swing that was tied to the cherry blossom tree in my backyard and sway along with the pretty melody. I finished the song and everyone clapped their hands for me. I rushed back to my seat trying to avoid the extra attention. Miyabi leaned over to me and complimented my playing

"Wow, you’re really good." She said surprised.

"Don't act so surprised." I joked.

*RING* as soon as the bell rang everyone rushed out of their seats and went out the door to their next class.

I started packing up the book when the teacher called me-

"Airi, can I have a word with you?" He said smiling cheerfully.

"Uh sure." I said walking towards him.

I went up to the teacher not sure what he was going to say. I really hope I'm not in trouble or anything. My dad, although he might not act like it, REALLY cares about school. He has his own way of showing it, and I think you might be able to see what it is later. 

"So Airi....." He said pursing his lips.

"Yes?" I asked worried.

He smiled widely and gave me a big bear hug.

"WHY ARE YOU HUGGING ME." I screamed at the sudden attack. 

"Airi! I'm your mom's old friend!" He said cheerily.

I stopped screaming to hear what he had to say.

"Airi I was your mom's old colleague." He explained.

"Prove it." I answered back still unsure whether to trust him or not.

"Well, I knew that to get you to play the piano I had to say you had no talent." He said smiling.

"Why would you think that?" I asked not giving him the satisfaction of knowing that.

"Your mom was the same way." He answered sitting down writing on a small piece of paper.

"That’s weird." I never knew that.

But I did know I got most of my competitiveness from my dad. Not the person you were expecting huh? Oh you just wait.

"Yes, now hurry and get to your next class so you’re not even later than you already are." He said signing his name on the piece of paper.

"Here's a note, keep playing piano." He said handing me the note.

"Kay." I said walking off towards my next class which was all the way across the school. 

Crap! I can't be late!

I began to sprint for my next class. My dad has zero patience for tardiness. My dad has been punctual ever since birth. He was born exactly when the doctor’s predicted him to be born. My dad prides himself on his perfect attendance awards.

I kept on running beginning to pant hard; I'm not a runner if you couldn’t tell. I finally made it to the classroom stopping to take a couple breaths (more like gasps) before I entered the room. I turned the knob and opened the door and no heads turned to me this time as I stepped inside. I look around the room to see who was in it.

No Miyabi. But there is Taemin. Yay. Oh and look, Taemin actually does have friends! He was sitting on his desk talking to his three friends winking at a girl across the room who was staring at him for quite some time.

He looks like he’s pretty popular at this school. Not sure why to be honest… I look over to the ONLY empty seat. Just like last class. This time I sit across the room from Taemin; yes! 

I look at who I will be sitting by, a girl with short black hair and straight across bangs. I look at the boy to the right of my desk, why does he look familiar? Like seriously he looks REALLY familiar. He tuned his head in my direction and stared at me tilting his head to the side, and then his eyes lit up.

"Airi!" He said nearly shouted smiling widely.

Oh no. 

After he said that all the heads turned to face my direction, including the teacher's. She looked at me strangely. Taemin seeing me nearly fell off his desk. 

"Hi~......." I awkwardly said handing the teacher my note.