Chapter Twenty Two

Do NOT Read This Please...

   It was another pretty normal day at school. The girl's decided to wear their skirts a little too high, and the boy's really didn't seam to mind. Miyabi and I along with Taemin and his friends went to our first period class. The teacher and most of the students were already there making finishing touches on their cardboard instrument. Miyabi did a really cool drum type thing, Taemin created maracas, and I made a really small piano with my heart box. Everyone seemed really excited about the really odd project, especially Jonghyun whom made a microphone. The teacher called for attention and asked for everyone to turn in their permission slips and to present their instrument thing to the class. I totally spaced and forgot to get my permission slip signed. My dumb dad was too busy hiding from me. 
   I walked up to the teacher and told him my dilema and he said he'd give me 20 minutes to go and get it, but only 20 minutes. Well, I'm screwed. I booked it out of the classroom and ran down the hall to the office to check out. After I signed out I ran as fast as I could to my house. It takes about 10 or 15 minutes to get from my house to the school. If I were to run at this pace I might be able to make it. But I also have to account for finding my dad in his hiding place. He might not be hiding though since he thinks I'm at school. I can only hope so. I turned the corner to my street and ran to my house with a new found speed. His car was there so he was probably home.
   I opened the door slowly to not startle him.
   "Daaaaaaaaaad? I need you to sign something for me." I called out queitly.
   I saw the piano lid slowly lift up and reveal my dad.
   "...The piano? Really?" I asked annoyed.
   He stepped out of the instrument and walked over to me to sign my slip. Once it was signed I ran out the door. I saw I only had four minutes to get back to school so I ran the fastest I have ever ran in my life. 
   I burst through the classroom doors causing everyone to quiet down.
   "Ah Airi you made it. Good work." Teacher Fukazawa said as he grabbed the permission slip from me. 
   I collapsed on the floor panting hard.
   "Here." I looked up to see Jonghyun handing me a waterbottle.
   "Thanks!" I chugged the whole thing and continued to pant.
   Jonghyun not expecting me to drink all of his water had a really funny expression. He pulled back his hand that was waiting to get the water back and walked away.
   "Sorry!" I called out to him.
    Taemin bounced up to me carrying a jug of water.
    "Here Airi!" He chirped shoving the water into my arms.
    "I'm not thirsty anymore Taemin." I replied lifting the water up to him.
    "You will drink it. I got it specially for you." He said staring at me.
    "...kay.o-o" I replied and took a drink of the water jug.
    Taemin plopped down next to me and sighed turning his maracas in his hands.
    "How am I supposed to make enough money for a meal?!" I asked no one in particular.
    "I think the idea of this project is to work as a team. Also the whole reason the school is doing this is to get our school to look good. It's to display our "talents". We're making music, the art classes are selling the creations, it's just to get talented people to go here. You know this isn't any ordinary school right Airi?" He asked looking me in the eyes.
     "Getting handcuffed to eachother, yeah totally normal." I said smiling.
    
He just shook his head and laughed lightly to himself.