Chapter Nineteen

Do NOT Read This Please...

-Airi-

   When I got home my dad was no where to be seen. This worried me. He's always the first to greet me when I get home. Well who else would? Besides me cat... o.o
   "Dad?!" I called but got no response.
   "Dad, are you here?" I asked again roaming the upstairs in search of him.
   I popped my head in his bedroom and the bathroom but no luck. I spent about ten minutes looking for him. It seems strange for me to look this hard for him, he's a grown adult, he can leave his own house. That is true, but he'd always tell me at least a day or so before he goes out of the house. He does that so I don't freak out when he leaves unannounced. Oh in case your wondering I am not freaking out, just mildly worried.O.O
   I skipped down the stairs and tried the living room but he wasn't there either. My stomach started growling so I decided to make myself some dinner. When I reached the kitchen I noticed a bright yellow post it note on the counter. I ran over to it and picked it up in hopes of seeing something notifying where my dad was. And the note was exactly that. 

     Dear Airi,                                                                                           
       Hi Airi it's your dad!^^                                                                    
    I just wanted to let you know that my good friend                           
recently passed away and I guess that his daughter has nowhere to   
stay at the moment so we'll be taking her in ... hehehe...                      
I'm on my way now to the airport to pick her up!^^                               
There's money on top of the fridge so you can get groceries               
or just order take out.                                                                            
Sorry for the late notice, she's Japanese, and she only                        
understands Japanese... A little stubborn to learn Korean...                  
I think you might know her from your younger years...                           
Well I'll see you when I get back home.                                                 
    Love Dad.^^                                                                                          


   "... WHAT THE HELL!" I screamed at the top of my lungs throwing the paper in the trash. 
   I stomped out of the kitchen and out the back way out of the house. How could he not tell me something like this could ing happen?! WHAT. THE. HELL.*_* I plodded up to the swing on the dead tree and sat down huffing angrily. 
    "Ahhhhh!" I screamed in frustration.
    Across the street I saw everyone in Miyabi's house sitting on the front lawn staring rather scared staring at me. Miyabi and Momoko face's was something like O.O. Taemin and and his friends were a lot like (õ_ó). And my face turned to *-*.
    "Uh... hi... ha-ha ha.*-*" I said trying to smother the awkward situation. But to no avail the expressions did not change.
    So I did what I always do I ran. I ran up to the front steps and tried to open the door. BUT IT WOULDN'T FREAKING LET ME IN. I yanked it some more but it still stayed shut.
    "OPEN SESAME." I shouted at it. 
    I just now realized that Miyabi and Taemin and their friends are still behind me. I turned around and saw them even more freaked out by me. Great job Airi! I gave them an awkward wave and bolted to the back door and ran inside. Well, I officially seem borderline mental. Gosh why did they have to be on the front lawn! AND WHY DOES A TOTAL STRANGER GET TO LIVE IN OUR HOUSE! I know, I know, it's really rude of me to get so upset about her moving in considering her father just passed away. But why me! Is my dad her father's only friend?! Could he have not chosen a relative for her to live with?! Wow I sound terrible. Her father freaking died Airi, she didn't do anything wrong to you. She's probably already depressed considering she has to live with someone she doesn't even know. I really should have more empathy considering I went through a similar situation. 
   I decided to clean up the guest bedroom so it's a little more welcoming. I mean the house looks like it's haunted. I know it creeped me out, and still does. I walked up stairs and opened up the little cabinet next to the bathroom to get some clean sheets and pillow cases. I strolled into the guest bedroom which was right next to mine and set all the sheets on the wicker chair in the corner of the room next to a medium sized window. I opened up the curtains to let some light in and set off to make the bed. I stripped the sheets and threw them on the floor in a rather messy pile that I'd clean up when I was done. I tired to put on the light green fitted sheet but was having some difficulties. I stretched out two corner and tried to fit them over the top corners of the mattress and pull the other two corners to fit them to the bottom two mattress corners. But whenever I tied to do that one of the corners would always snap back in my face. This one freaking task probably took me about ten minutes. I probably have about five red mark on my cheek now.

   Finally the bed was fully made. The comforter was a simple white quilt looking thing and the pillows were the same shade of green as the sheets. I smiled feeling accomplished and quite happy that she'll have a pleasant place to stay. I left her room and kept the door slightly ajar. I walked down the hallway to the stairs with a little more hop to my step. I hopped down the stairs and skipped to the kitchen to get money to buy food. Hmmm, there's enough won here for me to actually eat out... I'll ask Miyabi and Momoko if they'd like to join me to try and explain my reason for freaking out earlier. I grabbed the money, a jacket, and my keys and headed out to ask Miyabi and Momoko to join me. 
   They we're all still sitting on the front lawn laughing and joking around. But when the saw me all their faces changed to 0.0. I SWEAR I'M NOT CRAZY!>.< I just smiled at them and crossed the street. They all looked at me suspiciously as I approached them. I smiled when I saw that Miyabi and Taemin's expression started to fade. Good, maybe they don't think I'm too crazy.
  "Uh hi, do you want to go eat dinner with me?" I asked Miyabi and Momoko.
  "Oh we would've loved to but we just ate." Miyabi said apologetically.
  "O-oh okay, I'll be on my way then!" I said awkwardly scratching the back of my neck and walking down in the direction of the bus stop. 
   "Another time!" Momoko shouted when I was down the street turning the corner to get to the bus station. 
   "Yeah!" I shouted to her giving her a thumbs up she probably wouldn't even be able to see.
   When I got to the bus stop only a couple people were waiting at it. Just a lady with a child, an old man carrying around a bag full of fruit and a bench to sit on. I stood there waiting for about ten minutes because the bus was running late. To pass the time I decided to start humming a random song I heard on the radio a while ago. The bus finally came and I stepped on paying the bus fare to the machine. I took my seat and hummed the same song till I got to my destination. When the bus stopped in downtown Seoul I scrambled to get off the bus. When I did I strolled around to find a place to eat.
   I ended up at a Sushi place I didn't even know existed so I decided to eat there. The place was very clean and modern looking with a rotating sushi bar. I smiled happily and rubbed my hands together excited to eat some Japanese food. I plopped down in one of the bar stools and smiled appreciatively at all the tasty food circling around in front of me. I picked up a little plate that carried several different sushi. Including my favorite toro nigiri. 
   You know, my night has actually gone a lot better than expected. I found out someone I don't know is moving into my house, I made a fool of myself in front of my friends whom now probably I'm insane, and I'm now  eating sushi. It may not have been the perfect night, but it's turned out to be quite pleasant. I took a bite out of my sushi and looked up at the one of the waiters. I about started choking on my food when I saw who it was. He looked almost as shocked as me. Why is Teppei working here?!O.o
   He quickly brought over a glass of water and patted my back as I continued to cough. I took a huge gulp of water, you could even hear it traveling down my throat. I looked up my eyes bulging searching in his eyes for an explanation. He just smiled and scratched the back of his neck. 
   "Uh hey what are you doing here?" He asked setting down a tray he was carrying.
   "Why are you here?" I asked eyeing him.
   "I kind of work here..." He answered picking up the tray again.
   "Oh, for ho-" But I was cut off with an old lady yelling at him in Japanese to get back to work.
   He waved me goodbye and apologized to the woman. I finished up my dinner and decided it best to go home now. I walked down to the bus stop and sat down waiting for the next bus. The bus transported me back home. I got back to my house and my dad was home now. Get ready Airi!