Chapter Two

Do NOT Read This Please...

Flashback

I was at my mom's funeral. I saw myself standing there with my dad’s hand gently placed on my shoulder. Everyone was crying like I remembered as my mom's casket lid got closed. Except one person who held an emotionless exterior. I didn’t remember it being like that? My dad isn't crying. He's just staring at her with cold eyes. No tears. Just... regret? I don’t understand. I remember him crying. The sky suddenly dropped buckets of water onto the guests which caused everyone to run away clutching their family members tightly in search of their cars to find some place dry. I stood there numbly as my Dad shook me trying to wake me out of my trance. I felt someone pulling at my dress I looked down and saw one of my old dolls creepily smiling at me as her head cocked to the side. I screamed in shock and out.

I woke up from my nightmare stretching and rubbing my eyes. I couldn’t recall what I had just dreamt but knew that it wasn’t a pleasant dream. I got out of bed and looked out of my window looking at the trees, the flowers, and the guy staring at me through his window again...
Wait what? I rubbed my eyes to make sure it really was him again. Geez he never gets tired. I closed my blinds so he would have to stare at that instead and walked over to my bag to unpack some of my things. I grabbed the only porcelain doll that survived when I dropped the others. I felt a little nervous about its painted lips and set it on my dresser. I stared at it for a couple of seconds then shifted it so it was facing the wall. I then moved on to un-packing my clothes. I didn't have many clothes..... But I didn't mind.

I finished un-packing all of my things and went downstairs to see if my dad had started dinner yet. I quickly go down the stairs, avoiding the eyes of the pictures. Yeah I know that sounds really weird, but it's like they're staring at me! I walk past the living room and into the kitchen to find my dad not cooking but on the phone ordering food.  This was completely normal because my dad is by far the worst cook I have ever met.  

"Okay when can it be delivered here?" He asked the person on the other line.  
"Okay, see you then." He said before he hung up the phone.  
"Airi, could you wait outside for the delivery guy?" He asked giving me a puppy dog face. No dad. That is so not cute. It does not work.  
"Please~" He begged.  
"Fine." I grumbled as I picked up my cat and headed outside.  
I wasn't going to wait outside by myself. Not because I'm scared or anything. Just because I want some company. I leaned against the railing waiting for the food to come.  
Waiting...................................................  
Waiting................................................................................................  
Waiting............................................................................................................................  
Waiting- I'm bored!
I walked over to a dead tree with an old swing looped around a thick branch and examined it to make sure it could hold my weight. I pulled as hard as I could on the swing to see if it would break but it held its place. I decided to wait for the delivery guy's arrival here. I looked at the neighbor's house, huh.... that guy's not in his usual spot....

"Hello!" A chipper voice greeted me.

"Aaahhhh!" I screamed as I fell off the swing.

I looked up glaring at whoever it was whom scared me. Oh.... it's the guy that stares at me through his window.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" He apologized bowing continually.

"You're the one who has been staring at me through the window, correct?" I asked him even though I already knew the answer.

"I wasn't staring! I was just trying to see who the new neighbors were!" He defended.

"U-huh..." I said getting up and brushing myself off.

"I'm Lee Taemin." He said sticking his hand out.

I just stood there eyeing his hand.

"Now you tell me your name..." He said smiling.

"Why?" I asked frowning.

"Uh...." He was a little taken back by that.

"Introductions lead to friends, which leads to happiness, which soon leads to sadness. Why go through all of that; when you can just avoid the sadness?" I said looking down.

"That's not always the case!" He said brightly.

"It is for me." I said still looking down.

"Awww, does somebody need a hug?" He said opening up his arms.

I looked at him in horror.

"N-no thanks I'm good." I said backing towards my house.

"I know you want a hug!" He said stepping forward.

What the hell? Did I not just say no?

"No really; that's all right." I said backing away getting ready to run.

"Come on it's just a hug." He said encouragingly taking a couple steps forward.

I really don't want a hug thank you. I turned around starting to run when I tripped over a rock and started heading towards the ground. Stupid rock. I shut my eyes ready for the impact. But I didn't fall to the ground instead I fell into a pair of arms. Please be my dad's. Please be my dad's. Please be my dad's! I opened my eyes, just as I expected I landed in not my dad’s arms. Taemin held onto me staring at my face until we heard a quiet cough.

I quickly got out of his arms and went over to the delivery guy who had been awkwardly standing there for some time.

"Sorry." I apologized as we exchanged money for food.

"You two make a cute couple." He commented pointing at Taemin and then me.

"What." I asked shocked at his assumption.

"It's not like that!" I tried to reason waving my arms.

"Okay." He said walking away not believing it a bit.  

"No really!" I tried to reason again but there was really no point.

"Well aren't you defensive." Taemin commented smiling.

I glared at him and stomped my way up the porch steps and went inside the house still not knowing what my dad ordered. I looked out the window to see if he was there anymore, and to my surprise he wasn't. I looked over to his house and saw him going inside his house.

"Weirdo." I said as I walked into the kitchen and set the food on the counter.

"Yay!" Dad said running to the food and taking it out from the bag.

"Airi! I got your favorites!" He said happily opening up the different food containers.

My eyes sparkled as I saw some of my favorite foods. Sushi, tacos, and chinjao roast! Weird to have all these in one meal but oh well!^^

My dad started scarfing down the food only stopping to breathe and swallow. At least the 'house' will now have good food in it...