Chapter One

Do NOT Read This Please...

It was awkwardly quiet. You could almost hear crickets chirping.
"Hey how 'bout we listen to some tunes?" My dad suggested giddily.
Oh gosh please no. He reached over to the radio and turned the dial until he found something he liked. Oh my gosh, just kill me now.
"The wheels on the bus go round and round, round, and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round all through the town!" My dad practically yelled singing along to the familiar tune.
I would not be able to sit for five hours listening to this. I decided to day dream instead.

Flashback

   I was playing with the dolls my grandmother gave me when I heard the news.
  "Airi! Airi! Airi!" My dad said frantically with tears in his eyes.
  "What? What is it!" I asked alarmed.
  "It's your mother, she's........" There was a long pause after that.
  "What!" I asked again tears starting to form in my eyes.
  "Dead." He answered coldly.
  I dropped my porcelain doll, the glass breaking and scattering everywhere cutting my feet.
  "Oh Airi, come on let's get you cleaned up." He picked me up and carried me to the bathroom to take care of my bleeding feet.
  I just sat there blankly sobbing while he washed and bandaged my feet.
  "It'll be alright Airi." He said smiling.
  "We can live a new life."
  I started to sob harder hearing those words.

End of Flashback

  A tear escaped my eye; I wiped it away quickly before my Dad could see it.
  "GALEYEO NAN NUL SARANGHAE UNJAENA MIDUH YULJUNGDO DA JOOGO SHIPPU!" He shouted the lyrics to Genie.
  Deciding I didn't want to be conscious for his karaoke session I went back to day dreaming.

  After what felt like forever with my dad singing yelling songs the whole way to the destination, we finally arrived in Seoul. I looked out the window examining my surroundings. Hmph, I miss Japan.
  "Ooooohhhhh! Airi look at everything! Ah just how I remembered it!" Dad said gladly taking in his surroundings.
  I on the other hand was the opposite of excited.
  "We're almost to the new house! How 'bout we swing by your new school to check it out!" He exclaimed about to turn.
  I looked at him, my eyes filled with horror. Have my dad bring me to my new school on a Saturday in this piece of junk he calls a car? Pass.
  "Uh.. no I'm fine.." I answered monotony.
  "Oh, want to wait until Monday so you can take it all in?" He said like he knew exactly what I was thinking.
  "Uh sure." I replied rolling my eyes.
  We sat there in silence for ten minutes. Whenever he'd reached toward the radio I'd slap his hand away. I do not need another headache.
  "Eeeeehhhhh! We're here!" My Dad squealed barely stopping the car as he jumped out and ran toward the new house.
  What. The. Heck. Is. This. It looked like a haunted mansion. I hate scary houses.
  "Great choice dad." I said sarcastically.
  "Isn't it?" He said proudly going to the back of the car to unload all the furniture and what not.
  I step out of the car and stretched a little from being in the same spot for five hours. I suddenly felt as if I was being watched....     I quickly looked behind my back, nothing. I pretended to stretch somemore looking around. I glance at the neighbor's houses when I see a boy looking through his window staring at me. Uh.... Hi? I awkwardly wave at him giving him a weird look. He suddenly had a flabbergasted look on his face and ducked down. I guess he didn't notice I saw him.... Weirdo. I go to the back of the car and grab my things and start walking up to the hell house.
  I walked up the old wooden steps of my new 'house'. *Creak, Creak, Creak* Hmph. That's going to get annoying real fast. I checked out the porch, it had the same rotting wood the steps did. I leaned against the railing, picking the old paint off of it.
  "I miss Japan...." I sighed upset. 
  I looked around the front yard t was a dead tree that had an old wooden swing attached to it.
  "Stupid hell house." I muttered as I picked up my bag and went inside the 'house'. 
  I really don't even think it deserves to be called a house. I opened the front door hearing another *Creak*. Stupid creaky door. Stupid old house. Stupid "new life". I decided to try and make the best of things...... Yeah can't think of anything. I trudged up the wooden staircase glaring at the portraits that I passed. It felt like they were staring at me. I shuddered at the thought and kept climbing up the stairs. I passed a couple doors not bothering to see what's inside of them. I finally made it to my room; I knew it was my room because my dad put up a sticker on the door that read 'My Little Angel'. I glared at the sticker and went into my new room. I don't like it. It looked like a bedroom out of an old black and white horror film. I dropped my bag in front of the closet and plopped down on the bed. It was actually pretty comfortable..... I suddenly felt really tired so I snuggled up to one of the velvet pillows and slowly drifted off into sleep.