Competition

Snakes and Ladders

 

Start of Chapter 21

 

………………………………………………….

 

Everybody noticed it.

 

All the members noticed the change between you and Woohyun.

 

Woohyun was suddenly being nice to you—overly sweet, even.

 

“~~~~~-ah, try this.” Woohyun fed you a cookie that he had just bit at.

 

You bit the cookie from Woohyun. “Thanks~” you mumbled.

 

The other members, except for L and Dongwoo, were shocked.

 

‘I-is this true?! Woohyun is being nice to ~~~~~~-ah?!’ the same though ran through their minds.

 

‘No! Does Woohyun like ~~~~~~-ah?!’ they thought in dread.

 

‘But this cannot happen! Woohyun hates ~~~~-ah!’

 

Their eyes widened more when they saw that Woohyun patted your head lovingly.

 

‘Aaaaah! This must be a nightmare!!!’ They all thought as they kept their composure outside but inside their minds, they were like “HDJSHDKJAHDKJ DON’T TOUCH HER! YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO LIKE HER!!!”

 

Meanwhile, in L’s head, he was suspecting that something happened. “Did they already make up?” He asked himself.

 

‘D-does that  mean that they're already in a relationship once again?!’ the thought drained the blood out of L’s face.

 

‘So Woohyun is once again ~~~~~’s boyfriend?!’ He kept his face expressionless as he stared at you and Woohyun.

 

The members still couldn’t digest what was happening.

 

And Sungjong was the first one to snap out of it.

 

He ran to you and hugged you.

 

“Noona~~~” And he gave you a peck on the lips like he usually does.

 

He smiled at you.

 

Woohyun flared up. “Yah!!! Lee Sungjong, don’t you dare do that again!!!” He tried to pull you away from the clinging maknae but Sungjong’s grip on you was strong.

 

“Wae? Who are you to tell me what I shouldn’t do?! It’s not like you’re noona’s boyfriend!!!”

 

‘Yes, Sungjong, tell him!’ L thought happily.

 

Woohyun was taken aback. “Wh-what…? W-well.”

 

“So I can kiss noona whever I want.” And he kissed you again, this time, a little deeper than before.

 

“Why you—“

 

But he was cut off by Hoya who effortlessly pulled you away from the two guys. “Sungjong-ah, I really think you should stop that habit of yours. It’s not good to kiss people just because you like it.”

 

“But in other countries, they do that as a greeting!” the maknae whined. He couldn’t argue much to Hoya.

 

Hoya ignored him and pulled you to the kitchen.

 

“I’m sorry that our maknae is being disrespectful.”

 

“Nah, it’s okay. To him, it’s just like a greeting, anyway. It’s not like he means to disrespect me or to put malice into it."

 

‘No malice, huh? I wonder about that…’ Hoya thought.

 

Meanwhile, back at the living room, Woohyun was angry. ‘Hoya, that flirt!!! He always goes around pretending to be my ~~~~’s savior! He’s acting like he’s some sort of a knight!!!’ He growled lowly.

 

Fortunately, no one heard him growl as all the other members were lost in their own train of thoughts.

 

Quickly, he went to where you and Hoya disappeared off to.

 

He was shocked to see Hoya put an arm around your waist!

 

He was just about to interrupt you and Hoya being “nice” to each other but L came.

 

“Hey, ~~~~~~-ah, I think it’s time to go the car. We have a radio guesting at 4pm.” He wrapped an arm around your shoulder and smiled as he pulled you from Hoya.

 

Woohyun clenched his teeth. ‘L!!! I think he knows something about me and ~~~~~.’ He narrowed his eyes at L.

 

Woohyun remembered L telling him these exact words: ‘She’s not yours anymore.’

 

As Woohyun stared at you and L, L looked at Woohyun. Surprisingly, L smirked.

 

Woohyun’s eyes widened. “This guy definitely knows something!!!”

 

When Infinite was about to enter the car, Dongwoo was just staring at the “competition” to your attention that was going on. He could no longer ravage you the way he used to.

 

He was too guilty to go back to those times.

 

Sunggyu pulled you to his side. “~~~~~-ah, sit beside me, hm?”

 

You meekly nodded.

 

He smiled and held your hand. You were beside the window and the only person beside you was Sunggyu.

 

“Hyung~ Let’s exchange seats!” Sungyeol whined.

 

“Aniyaaa!!! Hyung, Let’s exchange seats!!!” Sungjong said.

 

“I asked hyung first!!!” The choding arhued with the maknae.

 

“But I’m the maknae!!!”

 

“Stop it, you two! I’m not going to exchange seats with any of you!!!”

 

And so, the chaos continued.

 

………………………………

 

End of Chapter 21