Guilt

Snakes and Ladders

 

Start of Chapter 18:

 

......................................................

 

Dongwoo stared at the bathroom door as the sound of the shower was heard even outside of it.

 

He sighed.

 

When he woke up, you were already out of the bed.

 

He felt happy but his conscience was finally creeping onto him.

 

You went out of the bathroom fully dressed.

 

As soon as your eyes met, you looked down the floor.

 

Silence.

 

“~~~~~~~~~-ah, are you... mad at me?”

 

You didn’t answer, your lips making a straight, thin line as you kept them closed.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I know that what I did was wrong an—“

 

“I’m sorry, too.” You cut him off. “Dongwoo-yah... I’m not mad at you. It’s just that...” You sighed. “It’s more like I’m mad at myself. I feel... guilty.”

 

And as the silence devoured the room, Dongwoo was lost in his own, sad thoughts.

 

....

 

You clenched your fists as you thought about what just happened between you and Dongwoo.

 

It was so stupid of you to enjoy it and not feel so bothered that you did it. In fact, it made you happy.

 

But now that you thought about it, you felt really guilty.

 

You bit your lips.

 

It was wrong... So wrong, but you liked it, and that made the act even more wrong than it already was.

 

And that was no different from the one that you did with Hoya.

 

Your heart ached.

 

Unknowingly, tears ran down your face as you let out light sobs.

 

“~~~~~~-ah?”

 

A familiar voice.

 

You wiped your tears as a hand touched your shoulder.

 

You looked up and saw a face you never expected.

 

“Woohyun?!” Your eyes widened as you quickly wiped your tears.

 

“Yeah... Wh-what’s wrong?” He asked you worriedly.

 

“I...I... I just...” You couldn’t think of what to say so you  ran away from him.

 

“Wait, ~~~~~-ah!!!” Woohyun ran after you but you managed to hide somewhere.

 

‘Woohyun, I did things that I shouldn’t have done. I feel... I feel bad for it.’ You cried even more.

 

..............

 

Woohyun barely drank his coffee as he was thinking of you crying.

 

His heart ached seeing you like that. It felt like it was his fault.

 

Because in his mind, it was still his obligation to protect you.

 

“Woohyun-ah.” His train of thoughts was broken as he looked at the person who called him.

 

“Oh, Dongwoo-yah, do you want coffee? I’ll—“ Woohyun faked a smile.

 

“No, actually, I wanted to talk to you about something.” Dongwoo said hesitantly as he pondered whether to tell Woohyun about what he did and what he knew or just keep quiet about his... his sins.

 

.....................................

 

End of Chapter 18

 

Hello. *sigh* I’m sorry, I haven’t updated for so long and yet this update was so short. I’m really sorry!!!

 

Actually, I like this fic more than my other fic, Pleasure Pieces, but it always takes a lot of time for me to write this fic. It’s just that when I write this fic, I need the certain emotions needed for this fic and I can’t gather all those emotions easily.  *sigh*

 

I’m really sorry. But from now on, I’ll always try to update faster. Thanks to everyone who reminded me to update. Yeah, it was a lot of help. It made me feel like I REALLY need to update. I hate myself for being lazy.

 

So yeah, thanks again for reading although this one wasn’t that worth the wait. :)