Flashback Part 2

Snakes and Ladders

 

STILL IN FLASHBACK:

 

You cried at your best friend’s house.

 

“There, there. Here’s some ice cream, it could relieve stress.” Gaeun always gave you ice cream when you were depressed. But this time, it wouldn’t work. The pain was just too much.

 

“I just hope you didn’t give all of yourself to him.”

 

You nodded and stared at the ice cream. “I didn’t.” You knew you were lying. You know yourself that the day Woohyun walked away, you were already trying to hold on to your life. Woohyun was your life, as mushy as it sounds.

 

Gaeun stared at you.

 

“Well, if you say so.”

 

……..

 

A few months later, your parents died in an accident.

 

You cried a lot and wanted someone to hold on to.

 

You wanted someone to comfort you.

 

You wanted someone to tell you it would be okay.

 

But there was a certain someone to all of these.

 

You wanted Woohyun to be there for you.

 

But was he there? No.

 

You doubted that he even knew about these unfortunate events.

 

As if everyone you love seemed to move away from you, two weeks after the funeral, Gaeun talked tp you.

 

“I got a scholarship in Paris.” She told you and bit her lips anxiously.

 

You smiled. “That great~ I’m so happy for you!” You hugged her.

 

“But… I can’t leave you here. Not like that!” You hugged her once more.

 

“I’ll be fine.”

 

……..

 

You started working for Woollim Entertainment as a prt-timer.

 

The first time you met Infinite, Woohyun wasn’t there.

 

For about a month, you avoided him. The other members were kind to you. They would talk to you and assist you with everything you might need when in fact, it was your job to work in the company.

 

One time, you heard Sunggyu say, “Have you met the new staff here? There’s a pretty part-timer in our entertainment!” Sunggyu blabbed excitedly.

 

“I’m not really interested.” You heard Woohyun say as you hid behind the wall.

 

“But it had already been a month since she came!”

 

“I’ll only want to meet her if she’s pretty.” You heard him laugh.

 

You missed his laugh.

 

‘That’s right. I’m not even pretty. You wouldn’t want to see me, then.’ You thought sadly.

 

…..

 

Infinite together with you was in the dressing room after their performance. Woohyun was missing.

 

Dongwoo hugged you tightly and roamed his hand on your back.

 

“If I were you, I wouldn’t do that of her boyfriend will kill you.” Sunggyu warned Dongwoo.

 

Dongwoo swftly released you. “~~~~~-ah has a boyfriend!?” He gasped. The other members looked at you.

 

“Of course she has! There’s no way someone of that looks wouldn’t have a lover.” Sunggyu stated.

 

You laughed. “What are you guys talking about? I don’t have a boyfriend.” You went back to arranging the materials.

 

Dongwoo pulled your arm and made you face everybody. “But leader’s right! I bet you have a boyfriend!”

 

“Well, I don’t.” You laughed again.

 

“No way, noona! But why?” Sungjong asked.

 

You gave them a blank look. You bit your lip in thought.

 

You sighed. As you started to speak, everyone was eager to listen to what you got to say. “Let’s just say that I’m not capable of falling in love.” You turned your back against them and went back to your work.

 

No one said a thing after that.

 

Everyone was in deep thought.

 

Since that conversation onwards, all of them tried making you fall in love with them. All of them wanted to have you.

 

Because that was when they realized that they fell in love with someone who wasn’t capable of falling in love.

 

........................

End of Chapter 11