Before Study

Snakes and Ladders

 

Hi y’all~ Okay so here’s chapter 13

 

…………………………………………….

 

You stared in space tiredly as you wait for Infinite’s performance to finish.

 

You were already lightly snoozing when you felt something move on your side.

 

You immediately shot awake.

 

You looked at your side and you saw L smiling at you. He put his jacket over you.

 

“You looked cold.” He said gently as he put an arm around your shoulders.

 

“Thanks.” You smiled back at him.

 

L loved it when you smile at him like that. His heart soars at the sight of that sweet smile.

 

“You seem tired… Perhaps you should just sleep in our dorm.”

 

“Oh. I can’t. I have exams at the university coming up so…” You shrugged. You had to study hard. You didn’t really liked it when you get not-so-good grades.

 

“But…” L was thinking of something else to say just so he could convince you to go to their dorm.

 

Thankfully for L, Hoya sat beside you as well.

 

“You look worried.”

 

You laughed. “DO I really look so down? L oppa here says I look tired.”

 

“L’s right. What are you so worried about, anyway?” Hoya took hold of one of your hands, seeing that L’s arm was wrapped around you.

 

“Her exams are coming up so she says she wouldn’t go to our dorm and spend time with us. She doesn’t want us disturbing her.” L was kinda exaggerating it.

 

Hoya raised an eyebrow at you. “Aniyo! I didn’t say that!” You pouted. “I just wanted to study for my exams.”

 

“Then just study in our dorm.” Hoya suggested.

 

L seemed to like the idea as well. “Good idea, hyung. ~~~~~-ah, I’ll let you study in my room.” He smiled at you.

 

“But if—“

 

“We won’t disturb you.” L cut you off. “Hoya hyung wouldn’t let anyone disturb your studying.”

 

“I’m sorry I really ca—“

 

“Please, ~~~~-ah?” It was Hoya pleading.

 

“Yes, ~~~~-ah, please?” L said as well.

 

You sighed. “Okay. Good thing I brought my books.”

 

“Great, you’ll go straight to our dorm, then?” L brightened up.

 

Meanwhile, inside the dressing room, Woohyun was clearing his stuff when some books fell on the floor.

 

“Aish, what are these stuff, anyway?” He checked on it and saw school books.

 

‘These must be ~~~~~~-ah’s books.’ He wondered for a while. ‘Is it that time already? Are university exams already given?’

 

Woohyun neatly placed your books back on the table.

 

‘At times like this, ~~~~~-ah would bury her head in her books. It was even funny that while we were still together, I would get jealous of her books because she gives them more attention than me.’ Woohyun smiled at the memory.

 

Just then, Sungjong entered the room. He was excitedly clearing his own stuff.

 

Then, the others including you entered the room, L’s arm placed around your waist. Hoya was following behind you. Sunggyu was nowhere to be found.

 

“I’ll carry noona’s books!”

 

Woohyun wondered what the others were being happy about.

 

Woohyun tapped Seungyeol’s arm and asked what was going on. “~~~~~-ah is going to study in our dorm since her exams are coming up.”

 

“Yay, noona! I’ll help you study!” Sungjong linked his arms with yours and at the same time, prying you away from L’s hold.

 

“Yah, Sungjong, no one is allowed to disturb her. She agreed to go with us only if we all promise not to disturb her.” Hoya glanced at Sungjong and gave a warning look at Dongwoo’s direction. Dongwoo just scoffed.

 

“Then can we at least watch noona study?” Sungjong asked you.

 

“Well, okay. I can concentrate even when there are people around me. Just please be quiet, if that’s alright.”

 

Sungjong nodded his head.

 

The others led you to their van.

 

They let you go in first. When you opened the door, Sunggyu was already inside. He looked like he was in deep thought.

 

He didn’t notice the door open. You were shocked and froze. Your heartbeat raced faster at the sight of him.

 

“~~~~~-ah? Is there something wrong?” It was just when L spoke that Sunggyu noticed you. He was frozen as well. He looked down, embarrassed. You had no choice but to sit beside Sunggyu. Otherwise, the others might notice that you were being awkward with each other.

 

As you got in, Woohyun hurriedly wanted to get inside to sit beside you but he didn’t want to be too noticeable about it so instead, Sungjong quickly tried to get in.

 

But L pushed him away. ‘Pay back for prying her away from me a while ago.’ L thought.

 

So L sat beside you.

 

During the ride to their dorm, L was comfortably resting his head on your shoulder while Sunggyu was uncomfortably sitting still.

 

He kept thinking on what happened the other day.

 

He bit his lips. It wasn’t that he was regretting over what he had done. His heart just ached due to what happened.

 

Flashback:

 

“Let’s have .”

 

“E-eh?” You were surprised by what he was suddenly saying.

 

Sunggyu stared into your eyes. “~~~~~~-ah, I really love you. I have always liked you. I want to have you so much it hurts… Please…” He was desperate. Not to have with you but for you to answer him.

 

To answer his love.

 

But of course, anyone who would receive a sudden confession and in a very straightforward way like this, anyone would be confused.

 

“O-oppa, this is just so fast and…” You sighed. “I don’t want to love…”

 

“But ~~~~~~-ah, I know you can love again.” Imitating Dongwoo’s lines, leader said, “I want to make you forget about him. I want you to love me instead.”

 

You bit your lower lip. “Oppa…”

 

Sighing, Sunggyu accepted his defeat. You were not ready for him.  “I get it, ~~~~-ah.”

 

“I’m so sorry, oppa.” Tears fell down your eyes. You knew what it felt like to be rejected by someone you believe you love. “It’s just that I can’t… not now… I still can’t…”

 

Sunggyu hugged you. “Don’t say sorry. That doesn’t mean I can’t try again, right?”

 

You didn’t answer.

 

“Wil you give me a chance to try making you fall for me?” He gave you a sweet and kind smile.

 

You looked at him.

 

“Please? It’s all I’m asking right now. Just please don’t let me let go of these feelings that easily.” He was still smiling as if you didn’t hurt him just a while ago.

 

You nodded.

He pulled you close to him again and he kissed your forehead

 

End of flashback.

 

Since then, you became awkward with each other. Although that moment ended smoothly, the after effect wasn’t as good as both of you thought it would be.

 

The more he smiled that moment, the more his heart ached.

 

He didn’t want to let go of his feelings but he was worried that he wouldn’t capture yours.

 

Sunggyu noticed that everyone in the van was quiet. He looked around and saw that everyone was asleep except you who was glancing from time to time at your book.

 

Slowly and gently, his hand closest to you moved and took hold of your hands.

 

Shocked, you looked at him.

 

He looked back at you and smiled.

 

You smiled back, happy that you were back to being comfortable with each other.

 

…………………………………..

 

End of chapter 13

 

Coincidentally, I’m also having lots of exams these days. But I don’t have people like Infinite to accompany me with my studying…

 

No, I didn’t write this just because I am also having exams. LOL. This chapter is pre-written and pre-decided even before the schedule of my exams.

 

And, and, and, can I rant for a while?

 

So I was having an exam in Physics and if you saw my blog, I told there that I’m in love with my Physics professor~ Oh my, I’m so happy…

 

And then, then, then, he asked as a bonus question, “What do you like the most in this course?”

 

And I was like, “I like YOU the most!!!” And I was so tempted to sing “Niga jaeil joha~~~” and I had to bite my lips to prevent myself from screaming like a fan girl and laughing like crazy.

 

LOOOOOOOOOOOL. Oh my I’m getting flutters in the stomach thinking about my exam. That was the first time I loved my exam so much.

…What? You don’t want to read more of my rants? Oh.

 

But… Okay… :<

 

Hahaha. Okay.

 

So there. Comments are really loved.

 

Oh by the way, since it’s almost Christmas, is there anything you’d like me to do for you, guys? I mean, I can’t do some dare for you since you can’t see me physically but yeah, request anything. Like a oneshot.. or message perhaps. I dunno. I just want to share my happiness with everyone. LOL