Revelations

Snakes and Ladders

 

Start of Chapter 19

 

…………………………………………………..

 

L just walked into the cafeteria. His eyes quickly scanned the room and spotted Dongwoo and Woohyun sitting together.

 

He rolled his eyes and avoided their gazes, praying they wouldn’t notice him.

 

He didn’t like interacting with the other when he goes to the cafeteria.

 

He made his way to the counter, ordered a cup of coffee, and was about to walk away when he accidentally heard Dongwoo and Woohyun’s voices.

 

“Well, what would you like to talk about? You look serious.” Woohyun chuckled.

 

“Actually… It’s about… about ~~~~~~~-ah.”

 

That perked up L’s ears. He suddenly got interested as he quickly made his way into their table and sat down beside Dongwoo.

 

“Hi.” L said, trying to look innocent.

 

Dongwoo and Woohyun looked at each other. Then they looked at L as if saying, ‘get outta here. We’re having a private talk.’

 

But L refused to go away. He acted as if he was oblivious to the fact that the two didn’t want him to hear their conversation.

 

L raised his eyebrows and smiled at them. “So…? What are you two talking about?”

 

“N-nothing…” Dongwoo said hesitantly.

 

Woohyun but his lower lip. He felt like Dongwoo was going to say something important but L interrupted them.

 

Dongwoo then stood up. “I’m going back to our dorm. I’ll see you guys later.” He gave Woohyun a meaningful look before getting out of the cafeteria.

 

L narrowed his eyes at Dongwoo’s retreating back. ‘Aish! I wanted to hear what he was going to say! If it’s about ~~~~~-ah, I need to know everything.’

 

Clenching his fist tight, he just endured having a coffee drink with Woohyun although he hated Woohyun for he never got over his jealousy because of the fact the Woohyun was your ex-boyfriend.

 

…………

 

You just finished writing down notes for your next class when you hearf your phone ring.

 

“Dongwoo oppa?” You said through the phone.

 

“Yes, it’s me. ~~~~~-ah, I… I just wanted to make something clear.”

 

You gulped. “Y-Yes?”

 

“Nam Woohyun.” Dongwoo said.

 

Your breathing got uneven as Dongwoo said that name. You got nervous, thinking of what he might want to say. You squeezed your eyes shut, waiting for Dongwoo to continue.

 

“Y-yesterday… you were… calling him. B-by any chance have—have you… err… done it with him before?”

 

“Wh-what?”

 

“I mean, I’m not saying you’re like a… a sl—I mean, what I’m trying to say is that…” He sighed. “Is he the ex-boyfriend you were talking about?”

 

You were taken aback. Your eyes widened as you lost your train of thoughts. “He…”

 

“I’m right, ain’t I?” Dongwoo said sadly.

 

“Dongwoo oppa…” You hesitated for a while. Finally, you decided that you cannot deny the truth anymore. “Yes..”

 

Dongwoo felt like his heart was getting ripped as he clenched his jaw. It felt like there was some lump stuck on his throat and he couldn’t breathe nor swallow.

 

“Woohyun was my boyfriend. But—“

 

You stopped talking as you heard Dongwoo let out a growl.

 

“Dongwoo oppa? Are you okay?” You asked worriedly.

 

“Sorry, I just need some time alone now. Thanks for answering my question. Bye.” He said the words too quickly that you barely understood him.

 

He hung up and left you dumbstrucked. ‘What just happened?’

 

………….

 

Dongwoo stared at the ceiling, thinking.

 

Everything was too much for him to handle.

 

First, he had with you. Second, he learned that Woohyun was your ex-boyfriend. Third, he realized how much he loves you and he was angry at himself at what he had done. Fourth, he was angry at Woohyun. Fifth, he was feeling guilty. Sixth, he wanted to kill Woohyun. Seventh……..

 

And a lot more thoughts went on his mind.

 

He shook his head. ‘This is wrong…’

 

He wanted to make things right. He could tell that you still loved Woohyun. He didn’t know about Woohyun’s feeling, though.

 

He wanted to do the right things this time to make up for what he had done to you.

 

He let out a deep sigh.

 

He then closed his eyes. If he did the right thing, he’d be hurting himself.

 

‘I wonder if it’s more important to make the person you love happy than to make yourself happy.’

 

Finally, he sat down and grabbed his phone.

 

He dialled a number.

 

“Yoboseyo?” the person on the other line said.

 

………………………….

 

Woohyun stood patiently inside the practice room. No one was inside but himself. No one was on that floor of the building that day. It was a perfect place for a private rendezvous.

 

He looked up excitedly as the door opened.

 

Dongwoo stepped inside but to his surprise, he was followed by you.

 

You looked at him in shock. Dongwoo told you that he’d talk to you about something but he never expected Woohyun to join the conversation.

 

Woohyun’s face reflected the same emotions as well. “D-Dongwoo?” He asked, confused.

 

Dongwoo looked at Woohyun with a grim face.

 

The two went over to Woohyun as Woohyun froze.

 

“Woohyun-ah. I now know about your past relationship with ~~~~~~~-ah.”

 

You looked down the floor. You had told Dongwoo about more details on your past relationship on the way to the practice room.

 

Woohyun’s face hardened.

 

Dongwoo looked straight into Woohyun’s eyes. “I… I wanted to confess something, too.”

 

Woohyun didn’t like what was happening. He was not expecting this.

 

“I love ~~~~~~~-ah.”

 

Woohyun clenched his jaw and his fist, annoyed.

 

“And I… I forced her to have with me.”

 

And that was it. As soon as the last word dropped, Woohyun fist was in contact with Dongwoo’s face as the impact made Dongwoo fall down.

 

……………………………………..

 

End of Chapter 19

 

Sorry, I took my time again. I really tend to forget to update this fic. Maybe you could remind me from time to time? I’m really sorry. *bows 90 degrees*