Missing Out

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come on, Sica. Hurry. Hurry. Hurry. We’re already late,” the black haired girl shouted loudly to her friend on the behind. She already ran with all her energy to reach the school’s gate but the latter only walked lazily to drag her own feet.

 

She pulled the brunette girl so she would walk faster than she already did.

 

"We're already late anyway, Fany-ah," Jessica replied lazily.

 

"No. No. No. We still have times. Come on," the girl called Tiffany said once again and pulled Jessica a little bit harder. She ran all she could while struggling to keep her friend on her pace.

 

"Sorry girls. You're late." The school guard stopped the two girls just right in front of the gate.

 

Tiffany was panting heavily, hands on her knee, trying to catch her own breath.

 

"See. I told you so." Jessica talked boldly.

 

Tiffany looked sceptically at the girl standing beside her. 

 

"What??!" Jessica protested as if she wasn't doing anything wrong.

 

"Whatever you say then. I'm tired from all the running," Tiffany hushed the brunette girl.

 

"Here."

 

Tiffany saw some tissues was offered to her. She took it while smiling secretly. "Thanks."

 

"No problem."

 

The two girls moved aside and joined the other fellow students who were late as well.

 

"Gather here kids." Mr. Jang appeared and started his speech at the students about discipline and all.

 

"Today is the first day in this new semester, so right now, we'll forgive you. But there won't be another times. Now go to your class. Quick!" Mr. Jang sent off the students, including Jessica and Tiffany.

 

"Hohoho. That man is really nice!" 

 

Tiffany could hear someone was exclaiming from her right side.

 

"Oh my god!!! Yuri-ah!!" Tiffany shouted right at Jessica's ear after she saw who it was. Jessica immediately covered her ears from the damaging loud sound before her eardrums would burst.

 

Sigh, did she eat a microphone before, she said in her thought while rubbing her ears.

 

"Fany-ah!!" The girl that Tiffany called replied just as loud as Tiffany. She approached Tiffany and Jessica. 

 

"Are you late too?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Yep. The two shikshins on my back were busy eating and forget about school." Yuri pointed at Sooyoung and Yoona on her back. The mentioned girl just grinned sheepishly at the words.

 

"Same here, Yuri-ah. I need an extra effort to wake up the princess." Tiffany said sarcastically.

 

"Hey hey don't blame me. I’ve told you to just leave me," Jessica defended herself.

 

"Alright. I'll just leave you the other times."

 

"Okay, no problem," she shrugged nonchalantly.

 

“But we’re really lucky though. Mr. Jang doesn’t give us any punishment. And I think if he actually did, it wouldn’t be too bad, at least I’m doing my punishment with those two buddies, and now, I know you too,” Yuri said and then laughed so casually just like she had known Tiffany for a long time.

 

“Yeah, somehow you’re right. We need adrenaline rush sometimes,” Tiffany laughed happily.

 

"It's time to move on girls. The teacher will probably have waited for us." Jessica suddenly broke the conversation between the girls. “Come on.” She pulled the two girls on the arms towards the school building and started off their first day in the high school.

 

***

 

From that day on, Jessica found that she and the other four girls were actually classmates and because Tiffany, the only person she knew good enough in that new school, was being friend with the trio, she automatically became friends with Yuri, Yoona and Sooyoung too.

 

It had been one and half month since the new semester started and the five girls became closer and closer, almost spending their time at school together. Just like any other days, they all would spend their times after the tiring school hours on Sooyoung’s house, preferably because of its nearest distance to school and the most capable house that could give the five girls needs, considering two of the girls were the all-eat-mouths.

 

“Give it to me!!”

 

“No way!!”

 

“Just one!”

 

“No!”

 

“Yah, just give it to me!!”

 

“Never!!”

 

“Give it to me you filthy stingy girl!!” Yoona launched an all out attack on the other girl who kept moving a tray of cupcakes out of reach from Yoona. She tried to escape but the attackers was much quicker than her, also much stronger. They ended up strangled at each other and forgetting about the cupcakes they were fighting for before.

 

“Hey hey stop it you two. Just go sign in on a wrestling club instead fighting here,” Yuri commented  after awhile watching.

 

“You two are like two hormonous teenagers fighting over a boy,” Tiffany added.

 

“We are still teenagers, Fany-ah!” The both girls protested in unison, still in their wrestling position, hands and legs over the other’s body.

 

“Okay. Okay. Easy girls.” Tiffany moved back, afraid of the fully spirit girls.

 

It was none other than their usual evenings. Sooyoung and Yoona fought over foods, Yuri and Tiffany would separate them two, then how about the only one left, Jessica? There was nothing she would do beside sleeping. It’s whether because she was always tired after the school or she just really loved sleeping. The second option was much more applicable though. She could literally sleep anywhere anytime. This time, she chose the common one, lying on the sofa and taking a nap after a tiring day at school.

 

“No more fighting girls. I’m taking a nap here,” the sleeping beauty said without even lifting her eyelids. She shifted a bit and put her left hand right above her eyes.

 

“She starts it!” Sooyoung quickly released herself from the doe-eyed girl and pointed at the latter. “I just wanna save my food.”

 

“It’ll be so much easier if you just give it to me,” Yoona defended herself.

 

“You’re attacking me,” Sooyoung retorted.

 

“I ask you first.”

 

“No, you don’t.”

 

“Yes, I do.”

 

“No.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“No.”

 

“Yes!!”

 

They were exchanging words like about a minute and by speaking each words their face got closer and closer, didn’t wanna lose at each other. But  suddenly they could feel their distance had become farther and there was a strong pressure on their chest.

 

“Here.” Both Sooyoung and Yoona were startled by the sudden force on their mouth. It was the cupcake. “Just eat and shut up.”

 

Jessica had left her throne, that’s the sofa, picked up the cupcakes and fed the whole cupcakes to both of the girls’ mouth. Both girls immediately choked out the cupcakes and coughed themselves. Yuri rushed herself to get a glass of water for Yoona and Sooyoung. Tiffany helped them to sit on the couch and patted their back lightly to help with the cough. On the other hand, Jessica just stared at Sooyoung and Yoona alternately, hands on the waist.

 

“Yuri-ah, where did you find these girls, huh?”

 

Yuri that just appeared from the kitchen almost toppled the glasses from the sudden question. “Oops, sorry, sorry, sorry.” She quickly regained her posture again.

 

Jessica sighed looking at Yuri but then helped her bringing the glass to the coffee table in silence. Yuri smiled at the sweet spontaneous act of the sleeping beauty. “Thanks.”

 

Jessica smiled a bit before focused back on the two girls that were fidgeting on their position because of the cold aura surrounding them. “So where did you find these girls, Yuri-ah?”

 

“What do you mean by finding them, Sica-ah? They’re not puppies or kittens.”

 

“They seems like one. Always fighting over food like this every time,” Jessica talked matter-of-factly while giving her cold stare at the two girls alternately.

 

Yuri laughed. “Oh I see. Hmmm,” she acted like she was thinking, putting her hand on her chin, walking back and forth in front of the coffee table. “Let me see, where did I find you??” She moved her face closer to both girls.

 

“We’re not puppies,” Yoona protested.

 

Yuri smirked.

 

“Yeah, we are not puppies or even kittens. I don’t like cats, they like clawing and stealing food, eeww,” Sooyoung made a very annoyed face just from thinking her food being stolen by the furry creature.

 

“All you think is only food, Soo,” Tiffany said between her laughing.

 

“Gluten stomach,” added Jessica.

 

Yoona suddenly bursted into laughter. “Hahahaha. Gluten stomach!! You gluten stomach! Hahahaha,” she looked at Sooyoung, laughed, looked at Sooyoung again, and then laughed again whilst holding her hurting stomach.

 

“Yah, don’t laugh at me you alligator,” Sooyoung began attacking Yoona with tickle that only made the latter laughed even more and they were back on their battle mode.

 

“Haiiish, these girls,” Jessica shook her head looking at them. “Can never understand them.” She took one cupcake and went to sit on the empty armseat.

 

“Don’t understand them, Sica-ah. You’ll never do, neither do I, their 1

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter