Butterfly in My Stomach

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Have you ever felt a butterfly in your stomach?”

 

“What?”

 

“Butterfly in your stomach, Yuri-ah.”

 

 

“Hah? Of course not. How can be a butterfly get inside my stomach? That’s impossible, Fany-ah.”

 

“Oh my goodness. Yuri-ah, it’s an idiom.”

 

“So there is no stomach in your butterfly?”

 

“Hah??” Tiffany dropped her jaw.

 

“Ehh,” Yuri grinned. “I mean butterfly in your stomach?”

 

“Nope. Not literally, Yuri-ah.”

 

“So what is this ‘butterfly in your stomach’ thing actually?”

 

“I can feel it everytime I see her.”

 

“Is it a nice feeling?”

 

Tiffany nodded. “Of course.”

 

“So she makes you feel good.”

 

“Yes.” Tiffany nodded again. “I don’t know why, but just looking at her can make me feel happy.”

 

“Really? That extreme?”

 

“Yupp.”

 

Yuri thought for awhile. “Are you sure she is not some kind of witch? Maybe she casts some spell on you.”

 

“Yah, Yuri-ah!!” Tiffany knocked her dumb friend’s head. “It’s not a fairy tale. There is no such a thing in this world.”

 

“I’m just saying, Fany-ah. We should always be careful, right?”

 

“But accusing someone as a witch is not good, Yuri-ah.”

 

Yuri grinned. “Hehe, sorry then.”

 

“Okay. Okay. Anyway, where are we before?”

 

“Hmm, you said you feel happy when you see her.”

 

“Ah yes. She makes my heart flutter just by being in front of my eyes. That’s why I spent days here to watch her reading books.” Tiffany smiled.

 

“Oh, Yuri-ah. You can’t imagine how beautiful she is when she reads book. Aaaaahhhhhhh, I can’t. I can’t. Aaaaaaahhhhh.” She shook Yuri’s body frantically.

 

“Eeekkh… Fany-ah. Let me go!!”

 

“Ahh, Yuri-ah. What am I supposed to do now??” She now was shaking her own head together with her body.

 

Yuri looked at her friend in horror.

 

She must be under a spell. Normal human won’t act like this.

 

The hair on her neck was all tensing up.

 

Now what should I do?

 

Yuri braved herself to look at the glasses girl across the room. She was reading her book peacefully.

 

What? Beautiful? Ckckck. She looks ordinary. Nothing special. Fany really needs to check her eyes. Yuri shook her own head. If you said beautiful, you should mention Sica. She is indeed beautiful. Yuri nodded several times. Wait!!! Yuri stopped. Did I say Sica? No. No. No. Yuri shook her head more frantically this time. But it’s true, isn’t it? No one can beat Sica’s beauty. Her fair skin, her curved eyebrows, her brown orb eyes, her perfect-shaped nose, her…. WAITTTTT!!!! What are you thinking Kwon Yuri?!!!! It’s not the time for thatt!!! Stop it!! Stop it!!! Yuri hit her own head several times.

 

“Yuri, are you okay??” Now was Tiffany’s turn who looking at Yuri in horror.

 

Yuri quickly came back to her sense again. She grinned sheepishly. “I’m okay. Don’t mind me.”

 

“You’re really weird, Kwon Yuri.”

 

“Can’t help. I’m born as kkab.” She said proudly.

 

“Ah you’re right.” Tiffany laughed that followed by Yuri.

 

“So what should I do, Yuri-ah?”

 

“Fany-ah,” Yuri came closer to Tiffany.

 

“What?”

 

“Are you really sure she is not some kind of magical creature??”

 

“Yahh!!!! Stop talking nonsense, Kwon---pfffftt” Tiffany couldn’t finish her sentence as Yuri had blocked first. Yuri bowed apologizing to other people who staring at them.

 

“Keep your voice low, Fany-ah. We’re in the library.”

 

“You made me.”

 

“But you don’t need to shout. Now she is looking at you.”

 

“WHATTTT??!!!!” Tiffany shouted once again, but Yuri was too late to stop her.

 

“Haisssh, now she really looks at you,” Yuri facepalmed.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes, don’t turn your head.”

 

But it was too late, Tiffany already turned her head to see the glasses girl. And their gaze met for a split second, because Tiffany quickly turned her head back again after realizing the glasses girl was looking at her.

 

“What do I do? What do I do now??? Kwon Yuri, help me!!!” Tiffany pleaded between her gritted teeth. “She is looking at me!! What should I do? What should I do?? She is looking at me, Kwon Yuri!!”

 

Yuri looked at her panic friend.

 

“Hey, relax, Fany-ah. It’s not like you. Relax. Don’t panic like this. She won’t eat you.” Yuri touched Tiffany’s shoulder gently.

 

“Of course she won’t eat me, Kwon Yuri!!” Suddenly Tiffany bursted out that yanked away Yuri’s hand.

 

“Oh well, you don’t have to be so angry,” Yuri looked in horror.

 

“You really eager me up.”

 

“Well, my bad. But you really need to relax yourself, Fany-ah.”

 

“How can I? She is staring at me!” Tiffany said with a serious expression.

 

Yuri turned her head to check on the glasses girl again. “Not anymore.”

 

“Really?” Tiffany raised her eyebrows.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Sure?”

 

“Absolutely.” Yuri gave an okay sign.

 

Tiffany let out a big sigh. “Now I can relax.” She leaned her back on the chair.

 

“Do you know her name?” Yuri began the investigation.

 

Tiffany nodded. “Her name is Kim Taeyeon.”

 

“What else do you know about her?”

 

“Her birthday is on March 9th.”

 

“Anything else?”

 

“Hmmm….” Tiffany thought.

 

“Hmm??”

 

“Hmmm….”

 

“Anything?”

 

“Hmmm…”

 

Tiffany finally shook her head sadly.

 

“As I expected.”

 

“Why are you thinking like that?”

 

“Stalking won’t get you nowhere, Fany-ah. Don’t you feel tired of this stalking? Only staring at her from afar without knowing her better.”

 

“Yeah, somehow.”

 

“You should talk to her.”

 

“Are you crazy?!” Tiffany blurted out.

 

“I’m not, Fany-ah. You should talk to her.”

 

“I can’t do that. How am I supposed to talk to her?”

 

“Duhh, Fany-ah. You’re the super confident and popular Tiffany Hwang. How can you be so chicken in the times like this?”

 

“I never do something like this before.”

 

“Then it will be your first time. And I’m sure your first time will go well,” Yuri smiled assuringly at her black haired girl friend.

 

“Are you sure about this, Yuri-ah?”

 

“One hundred percent, Fany-ah. Now go, talk to her.”

 

“What should I say to her??” Tiffany still not felt confident to stand up in front of her crush.

 

“Duhh, why are you so lame. Proper introduction will be a good way. Then just go with the flow. I know you can do it, Fany-ah.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes!! Yess!! You make me impatient, Tiffany Hwang! Now go, go, go!!” She pushed the other girl. “You can do it.”

 

Reluctantly, Tiffany moved from her spot. “I will kill you if it’s not working.” Tiffany didn’t forget to throw her tantrum before she walked to the glasses girl.

 

“You won’t! Fighting!”

 

***

 

“Hmmm…Hmmm…Hmmm…” Yuri was munching some cookies while her hands moving the mouse. She clicked it to open the browser on her computer.

 

Yuri was still confused about her conversation with Tiffany before. What was butterfly in the stomach actually?

 

“I better search it. I can’t die without knowing about it.”

 

Yuri typed the keyword on Google.

 

Butterfly in my stomach. Hmmm. What are you really?

 

The search engine gave her about 1.5 millions answers. She choosed the first website.

 

“Butterfly in my stomach.” She read it. “An awesome feeling when someone you care about looks at you, stares at you or complements you. And you don't know what to do in that moment, except feel happy. It can be a physical feeling like a little tickle traveling up your stomach.”

 

She stared at the screen for seconds.

 

“Haaahhh??!!! What is that?!!! It doesn’t make sense!!”

 

She closed the tab and open another website. She read it again.

 

“Butterflies in the stomach is the physical sensation in humans of a fluttery feeling in the stomach, caused by a reduction of blood flow to the organ. This is as a result of the release of adrenaline in the fight-or-flight response, which causes increased heart rate and blood pressure, consequently sending more blood to the muscles.”

 

This time, she stared the screen much longer.

 

“Haaah. This is nonsense. I shouldn’t bother myself anymore.”

 

She finally ended her searching and walked to her own bed. She throw herself to the comfy bed. In a matter of second, Yuri closed her eyes and tried to enter the dreamland. But as her consciousness wandering to the dreamland, her own mind couldn’t stop from wondering the thing she was curious about before.

 

How does it feel to have a butterfly in my stomach?

 

***

 

“Finally!!”

 

The first thing Yuri did after she got out from the car was shouting the words out loud to the open air. She stretched both of her arms up in the air while looking around the area.

 

After an hour of flight and half an hour of car driving, finally Yuri and the other four girls arrived at the villa rented by Sooyoung’s father at Jeju. The villa was a 2 storey house with a spacious backyard that could be used for BBQ party, also with an additional swimming pool.

 

They were so lucky to be there. Sooyoung’s father kindly offered Sooyoung to have a holiday in this villa for the weekend together with him who would be handling some things for the company. Not only that, he also asked if Sooyoung wanted to invite her friends, which was Yuri, Yoona, Jessica and Tiffany. Of course, Sooyoung wouldn’t turn down such offer. So here there were. Spending holiday in the beautiful island together.

 

“Move, Yuri-ah. I can’t go out.” Yoona complained at the happy Yuri from inside the car.

 

“Heeiishh, alright, alright.” Yuri moved her body to the side so Yoona and the other girls could get out from the car.

 

“Wow!” Yoona immediately exclaimed. “This villa is really nice. Your appa has a great taste.”

 

Sooyoung approached from the other side with a laugh. “Thank you. Appa chosed it specially for us.”

 

“Wow, you have a really kind appa, Sooyoung-ah,” Tiffany said.

 

“Yeah, I know,” Sooyoung nodded.

 

“You’re so lucky,” commented Jessica.

 

Sooyoung laughed. “Of course I am. But I consider myself even luckier because I have you girls.” She laughed again in the end.

 

“Eiish, don’t say things like that. I’m gonna puke.” Yuri said while doing a fake puke.

 

“Yah!” Sooyoung glared at Yuri. “I’m serious you know.”

 

“It just doesn’t suit you.” Jessica spoke up.

 

Yuri meronged at Sooyoung. She unconsciously smiled after getting a support from Jessica. “Told you so.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter