Excellent Memories

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an usual Monday morning at Seoul High School. The boring day was started with a history class that was considered have a high probability to leave you in boredom for a whole hour. Clearly, almost all students in the class was not paying attention to Mr. Kang, the history teacher, that was explaining about the Joseon Dynasty.

 

Most of the students were too absorbed in their own world of chattering, some were playing with their phones, some were too busy with their own things and the rest were happily exploring their dream land. Only a very few students were listening to their teacher. And of course, this little group wouldn’t include Yuri and friends.

 

It wouldn’t be necessary to explain what the duo shikshins were doing. Everyone knew it.

 

It also applied for Jessica Jung. Aside from the vampire accident on the bus known by her close friends, her popularity as the sleeping ice princess was already knowledgeable around the school. Not excluding the teachers.

 

Jessica was sleeping peacefully, head on the desk, supported by her subject book. She didn’t even bother to cover herself from the teacher. Sometimes Tiffany couldn’t understand what was on her friend’s mine. Why could she be so bold and careless like that.

 

The black haired girl was having a chat with her deskmate about the crazy old cranky lady next to her house back in America when she saw Yuri was ready to do something at the sleeping brunette girl.

 

“What are you doing, Yuri-ah?” asked Tiffany while keeping her voice low so the teacher wouldn’t notice.

 

“Ssshhh!!” Yuri put her finger on the lips while turning her head to face Tiffany and hinted at the girl to keep quiet.

 

“Yah, Yul,” she slapped her friend’s arm. “You know how mad Sica will be when someone disturbs her sleep,” Tiffany said again still in her low voice.

 

“Don’t worry,” Yuri replied coolly.

 

“Just remember not to drag me on this,” Tiffany sternly reminded.

 

Yuri mumbled, “okay,” and winked to Tiffany before turning back her head eyeing the ice princess.

 

Knowing Yuri wouldn’t back up on her plan, Tiffany decided to leave her alone and continued her story about the old grandma. Although had experienced a lot of angry mode of Jessica, Yuri never stopped disturbing the brunette girl.

 

Yuri’s face was plastered with a cunning smile as she moved her chair closer to her victim. Her hand was ready with a feather that normally would be nowhere in a classroom. Yuri liked to bring unusual and weird things like that to school, so it wasn’t unexpectable if Yuri had it on her bag to put on prank on her friend.

 

She giggled at herself before moving her hand so the feather would touch the tip of Jessica’s nose. The feather were swifted along the smooth white skin of the brunnete girl’s nose. It swayed slowly, circled around it.

 

Yuri observing her victim’s face expression yet the sleeping girl didn’t make a move any inch.

 

Still in your deep slumber, Sica? Yuri smirked as she thought.

 

She launched more attack to the victim. The feather was moved to Jessica’s philthrum, the little indention just above her upper lips, and danced in a circle motion. Yuri kept the feather staying in that position for about 10 seconds until she saw a movement from the sleeping girl. Jessica’s eyes twitched several times.

 

Yuhuuu, she is responding!! Yuri exclaimed in her mind. Score 1 for Kwon Yuri!! Yuhuuuuu!!!

 

The tall girl continued to disturb her sleeping friend with the special weapon she brought. She giggled at herself looking at Jessica’s reaction to the moving feather.

 

Jessica slowly gathered her consciousness and shooed away the feather from her face.

 

Being a mischivieous one, Yuri kept doing her prankster on the brunette girl.

 

“Stop it,” Jessica mumbled without lifting her head.

 

“Stop it,” the brunette girl mumbled again as the prankster didn’t stop her action.

 

“Stop it, Yuri-ah.”

 

This is fascinating, Yuri giggled again.

 

“Stop it, Yuri-ah.”

 

I won’t stop until you wake up, Sica.

 

“Yuri-ah.”

 

Yes?

 

“Yuri-ah.”

 

What Sica-ah?

 

“Stop it.”

 

What?

 

“It’s ticklish.”

 

Is it?

 

“It’s ticklish, Yuri-ah.”

 

Really?

 

“My nose is ticklish, Yuri-ah.”

 

Oh, I know that, Sica-ah.

 

“Why wouldn’t you stop?”

 

Yuri brought her hand to cover so her laughter wouldn’t be so loud. She was enjoying this imaginary conversation too much.

 

I’m waiting for my princess to wake up. Yuri giggled again at her thought. She curled her own finger because of her cheesiness.

 

“Stop it now, Yuri-ah.”

 

How if I don’t want?

 

“Stop it now, Yuri-ah.”

 

I will if you wake up.

 

“Stop it now, Kwon Yuri.”

 

Yuri let out a mischivieous grin. She knew if her full name was already mentioned then it meant the ice princess had reached her final stage. With a final movement, Yuri let the feather to invade Jessica’s nostril.

 

She counted in her mind.

 

One.

 

Two.

 

Three.

 

“Kwon Yurrriiiiii!!!!!”

 

The scream was so loud that everyone in that room turning their attention to her. Jessica was already wake up. Real wake. She even stood up from her seat. Now she was panting from the screaming she had done a few seconds ago while eyes glaring at the prankster who disturbed her peaceful sleep.

 

On the other hand, the prankster was playing innocent while trying to stop her never ending laugh. Jessica intensified her glare when she saw Yuri moved her eyes to the left side, hinting something.

 

Jessica was startled when she saw a man that really looked like her history teacher was standing next to her desk.

 

Oh no. She palmed herself in her mind. He is indeed the history teacher. What is his name? Huh? Mr.  Baek? Mr. Park? Mr. Han? Ah no no no. She shook her head unconsciously. Mr. Jang? Ah that seems close. She nodded her head. Ohhh!!!

 

“I know I know!! You’re Mr. Kang, right?” Jessica shouted in reflex.

 

All the students bursted out in laughter hearing Jessica’s word.

 

“Yes, I am!!” The teacher answered with eyes fixed on Jessica. “Is there any problem with that, Miss Jung?”

 

“Emmm, no Sir,” replied Jessica awkwardly.

 

“Okay. So why are you still standing up, Miss Jung?” Mr. Kang asked again.

 

Feeling dumbfounded, Jessica immediately sat on her chair again. Not forget to throw her deadly glare at her tanned friend that only replied with a merong.

 

“Back to the topic,” the teacher walked back to the front of the class.

 

“Joseon was a Korean kingdom that lasted for approximately five centuries, from July 1392 to October 1897. One of its Monarch was King Sejong. He was given the title ‘King Sejong the Great of Joseon’. Why did he get this title?” Mr. Kang asked while walking around in front of the classroom.

 

He stopped in his desk and faced the class.

 

“Miss Jung?”

 

“It’s all your fault, Kwon Yuri,” she muttered.

 

Yuri who sitting next to her only grinned hearing it.

 

“What is your answer, Miss Jung?” The teacher asked again.

 

“Because he is great,” she answered indifferently.

 

Hearing the other students’ laughter, Jessica continued, “An extremely great king, I assume,” still in her indifferent manner.

 

“Surely you can enlighten us on why do you assume him as an extremely great king of Joseon,” Mr. Kang stated in a sharp tone.

 

Jessica shrugged hinting that she wouldn’t answer the question.

 

“Miss Jung, that’s why you should read your book, not using it as a pillow,” said the teacher to the brunette girl.

 

“I know, it’s not only you, but almost all of you don’t like this class. I’m not stupid and blind. I notice what you’re doing while I’m explaining about our nation history.”

 

The class was silent by his words, except two shikshins who still busy eating.

 

“You two, Im Yoona, Choi Sooyoung, stop eating in my class!”

 

Startled by the sudden mentioned of their name, they dropped the bag of chips to the floor.

 

“O..okay, Sir.”  Sooyoung answered. She and her shikshin friend immediately hung their head low.

 

“I don’t care what you’re doing as long as you already understand what I’m teaching. Don’t be such a rascal. Instead be one cunning brat.”

 

The teacher eyed the class. His students were all hanging their head low.

 

“So I repeat my question once again. Why was King Sejong called ‘King Sejong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter