Forever

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Apparently, forever only happens in fairy tale.

There is nothing lasts forever. Not beauty. Not joy. Not sadness. Not promise. Not relationship. And not even a nine-membered Girls' Generation.

It had been three months since Jessica and Yuri's 100th days and there was some unexpectable changes happened in their lives during that short span of time.

First of all, Jessica heard the shocking news from Yuri's favorite girl group around a month ago. Yuri's favorite member, Jung Soo Yeon, was no longer the member of the national girl group, without any clear explanation of how it was happened. Yuri called her and crying non-stop because of it the first time she knew about it.

The fan girl really loved her bias and the shocking departure meant she could no longer see her bias promoting within the group. Also the fact that forever nine, which she believed dearly as the fan of the group, was no longer valid only broke her heart even more. Although she didn't cry anymore after the fifth time she knew about it, Yuri still would be sad every time she learned the news.

Next, Jessica finally joined the drama again. She was casted as the main role for the second time and surprisingly, the male main actor was her former partner, Sukjin, again. And just like the last year drama, they both could excel the acting well and build good chemistry between each other to produce an entertaining and touching drama.

She was grateful to get the chance to develop her acting skill, especially in the drama field. Also this time around, her parents were there to watch her performance. The thing they couldn’t do last year. Jessica was happy to show her parents her performance and made them proud.

But it wasn’t quite complete.

.

.

Because there was something missing.

.

.

Or rather….

.

.

.

Someone.

.

.

.

.

.

Today was Jessica's performance day and the drama had just ended about fifteen minutes ago.

 “Voila!” Tiffany showed a bucket of roses to Jessica after she walked out from the backstage room. The eyes of the girl had turned into a crescent moon shape as soon as she saw the brunette girl. She had been waiting for Jessica to come out since the curtain was closed, together with the other three girls.

A soft smile appeared on Jessica’s face. “Thank you, Fany-ah,” she took the flower and hugged the eye smiling girl.

“I’m so proud of you. Your performance is really awesome,” Tiffany said after pulling off from the hug.

“You’re very amajjing.” A glasses girl said from behind while showing her thumbs.

"You're a lot more better than your last performance. I thought I was watching a Broadway," a beautiful slender figure let out a heartful chuckle.

"Agree with this choding. You made me tearing up at the last scene." The last girl joined the conversation.

"Crybaby," Yoona remarked, followed by another laugh.

"Yah!! Who do you call a crybaby? I saw you cried too. You cried harder than me." It trigger a round of laughter from all the girls.

“Thanks again, all of you. I wouldn’t be able to do it without your support, you know,” Jessica looked at the girls with a feeling of gratitude reflected in her eyes.

 “Of course we will always support you, Sica-yah,” Yoona approached the brunette and patted her shoulder gently.

“Yes, you’re our best friend.” A tall girl added as she walked closer to the group.

“And that’s what best friends for, right?” A smile reached Tiffany’s eyes as she said so.

Jessica’s eyes glistened as her best friends one by one came closer to her. She was really grateful to have these girls as her closest one who never failed to support her. Even when she was having a downfall. They never left her side and instead always cheered her up.

“Oh girls,” Jessica smiled again while a drop of tear started to fall from her eyes. “Thank you again. I love you all.” She group-hugged the other four girls as the tears started to drench her cheeks.

As she hugged the other girls, the memory from last year came into her mind. Soon the picture of the similar scene took place. Jessica remembered how her best friends also congratulated her with a bucket of roses and group hugs, accompanied by tears here and there. And there was one particular moment that made her heart clenched as she recalled the memory.

It was when she was sad because of her parents’ absence and Yuri comforted her with a hug and her sincere words. She missed the warmth that she felt during that day, on Yuri’s embrace. And she would trade anything, if she could feel it for one more time.

Honestly, she didn’t only miss the warmth, but she missed the person too. Jessica really missed Yuri. So badly.

Sadly, there wasn’t anything she could do either.

The girl didn’t come to her drama. She didn’t blame her though, because Yuri didn’t know the drama existed. No one told her about it. And as for the reason for hiding it from Yuri, it was because of what happened three months ago. On the same day when Yuri woke up at Jessica’s place.

The memory was still so vivid in Jessica’s mind. How could it not be? It replayed on her mind again and again every single time she closed her eyes. Like it would not allow her to have a good rest at all.

But Jessica never complained. Although it was not a fond memory, but it reminded her that everything she felt was real. That her time together with Yuri was not only her imagination, but indeed an actual memory.

***

Three months ago…

Jessica and Yuri were at Yuri’s dormitory after leaving Jessica’s house. It was silent inside. The other occupant, Yoona, wasn’t there. She was going out eating with Sooyoung, according to the note she left on the kitchen. Jessica was on the kitchen, gulping a bottle of water. While Yuri was inside her room, doing something she wouldn’t tell.

The brunette girl put the bottle on the table and leaned her body to it. Her palms fixed at the surface as her arms supported her body. She could feel the bottom of her pit was twisted in a very unpleasant way, like her feeling told her that something was not right.

During their way back to Yuri’s dormitory, she could feel there was something wrong with Yuri. The girl wasn’t like her usual self, the cheerful and warm girl. She didn’t talk much and when they walked hand in hand, Jessica couldn’t feel the warmth on Yuri’s hand like she used too. It was the quietest walk they'd ever shared, and the most daunting one.

She wanted to ask Yuri about it, but as soon as they arrived, Yuri excused herself to her room. And surprisingly, she locked it so Jessica couldn’t get in. Feeling hopeless, she finally decided to get some fresh water and drank it instead.

She tried to rack up her brain to find any possible reason why Yuri acted so strange like that. The only acceptable reason she could have was this one: maybe, Yuri was shocked by the truth. Although it never happened before, but probably it was the one in hundred occasions.

Jessica could only hope Yuri would talk about it soon.

Not long after, she heard a sound of door being closed and footsteps coming closer. Jessica looked up and found Yuri was already in front of her. The brown haired girl reached out and held Jessica on the wrist.

“Come here,” she said.

Jessica looked puzzled at the girl as if she was asking what was going on to Yuri. But, Yuri only replied with a subtle smile before pulling her from the kitchen to the living room. She took a seat on the couch so Jessica followed and sat next to her.

“What is it, Yuri-yah?” Jessica asked, her brows furrowed.

Yuri didn't give any answer, instead she locked her gaze on Jessica's face. Her look was unreadable, but somehow the eyes looked gloomy. Jessica became more worried after seeing it.

"Yuri-yah, are you okay?" She reached out her hand and put it on Yuri's cheek. "You know you can tell me everything, right?" She said softly to the unmoving girl while giving a wary look.

Instead of getting an answer, a palm suddenly rested on top of Jessica's hand.

"Yu-Yuri-yah?" Jessica startled by the unexpected touch. This time the hand had turned warm again. The one touch that Jessica liked.

Her heart was pounding faster when Yuri took off her hand and joined it with both of her hands while staring at her with a tender gaze. The look went down to their hands for a second before shifted back to Jessica's eyes. The stare lasted for a while before the tanned girl talked.

"You're still as beautiful as always, Sica," Yuri's voice was so soft and full of sincerity.

The words made Jessica's cheeks turned pink in an instant.

To think about it, Yuri rarely said beautiful to Jessica. The first time she said it was o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter