Wake Up

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was sitting on the couch, waiting for the doctor and nurses finished their job. They were running some checkups on Yuri, to check her motoric function, her sensory abilities and most of all her memory. Jessica waited nervously with Yuri's mother on her side. The latter didn't look relaxed either. Jessica noticed how the mother kept tapping her foot every now and then while fixing her tense gaze on the man in white suit. Yuri's father and brother unfortunately had to go back to Goyang already because of their works.

 

Jessica immediately jumped out of her seat when the doctor finally ended up his examination on Yuri. She quickly approached the doctor, followed by Yuri's mother.

 

"How is she?" Yuri's mother asked.

 

"She is fine. Everything works good." The doctor explained.

 

Jessica could feel her tense was loosening a bit after hearing his words. But there was still one thing else she needed to confirm.

 

"How about her memory, sonsaengnim?"

 

"Her memory is good too. Although she can't seem to remember the accident. But that is normal considering the contusion on her brain. We will keep monitoring her condition to make sure," said the man.

 

The doctor continued her explanation about Yuri's current condition and her further treatments which mostly directed towards Yuri's mother. Jessica wasn't really paying attention either. At that moment, Jessica really wanted to run and hug the lying girl. She was really happy. First of all Yuri was awake. And second, Yuri was alright. Nothing wrong happened. That moment, she had to try really hard to control herself so she wouldn't go crazy in front of Yuri's family, the doctor, and the nurses.

 

She waited for the doctor and the nurses to leave. And then waited again for Yuri's mother's turn to talk with Yuri. She tried to be calm, although she seemed to not be able to stop smiling all the time as she kept fidgeting in her seat.

 

"Sica," Yuri's mother finally called after having a chat with Yuri for about ten minutes.

 

"Yes, ahjumma!" She was ready on her feet in a blink second.

 

"Don't you want to talk with Yuri?"

 

"A..a..I..do, ahjumma." Jessica didn't know what was wrong with her. Why did she stutter? She facepalmed herself mentally. How could she already lose her coolness in front of Yuri's family.

 

Pabo, Sica. Pabo. What's wrong with you??

 

The older woman chuckled looking at her. "Come here then."

 

Jessica timidly walked closer to Yuri. She nervously looked at Yuri.

 

Silence.

 

Yuri's mother noticed the nervousness in the young girl. She chuckled before saying, "I'll go out for awhile then. You two can talk all you want." She smiled and gave her daughter a peck on the forehead before leaving the room.

 

And it was silent again after that.

 

Jessica just stared at Yuri.

 

Is this real?

 

Is she really, Yuri?

 

Is Yuri really in front of my eyes, good and awake?

 

Jessica still couldn't believe it. How good everything was. How lucky she was to have this second chance again.

 

She was lying there, in front of her eyes. Her beautiful smile plastered on her face. Her brown orb eyes were looking at her, stared deeply, like she didn't want to break the eye contact at all. And most of all, it was Yuri. The same Yuri she knew.

 

"Sica-ah?" Yuri finally broke the silence between them.

 

Is it really her voice? Is it really her calling my name again?

 

"Sica-ah?"

 

Yuri tilted her head while keeping her smile.

 

Oh my god, stop smiling at me, Yuri-ah.

 

Jessica's cheeks turned red in an instant and butterflies were rioting in her stomach. She could feel a pleasant tingling sensation all over her body. The same feeling she had yesterday, on the playground.

 

"Sica-ah, what's wrong?" Yuri was getting confused by the strange behavior of the brunette girl.

 

Snap out of it, Sica. Oh, come on. Come on. Why are you so embarrassing? Sica shook her head frantically. What's wrong with you? Don't be so nervous, Sica. She is Yuri. Your best friend, first of all. And it's just a talk. Nothing else. Don't be so nervous. She tried to give a pep talk to herself.

 

"Hey, Sica." Yuri reached out her hand to touch Jessica but to her surprise, Jessica jerked herself away from the touch. "Uhm, sorry, Sica. I don't mean to---"

 

"Ah, no, no, no. It's...It's not like that, Yuri-ah. I'm..I'm s-sorry. I was surprised. That's it. R-really. It's just my surprised reaction." Jessica cut in and explained quickly, with so much stuttering.

 

Pabo! What's wrong with you, really, Sica?!! Don't be stupid. She may think you hate her or what. Jessica scolded herself mentally for being so nerve wracking. Quickly talk to her, properly!! No stuttering!!! Quick!!

 

"E..emm, Y...Yu-Yuri-ah."

 

Oh great Jessica Jung. You can't even call her name properly now. You just become the biggest stuttering pabo in town. She facepalmed herself mentally.

 

"Sica-ah, is anything wrong happened? You look so nervous," Yuri raised her eyebrows. "Although I don't mind this nervous version of you, because you look really cute, but I'm still worried. So is anything wrong?"

 

Is...is she flirting with me?

 

Jessica blushed even more and she could feel her heart thumping furiously inside her chest.

 

"Sica-ah?" 

 

Aigoo, Sica. GET A GRIP, WILL YA!!

 

Jessica chuckled nervously while scratching her unitchy backhead. "Ah, no, Yuri-ah. Nothing happened."

 

"Then why are you being so nervous?"

 

Jessica chuckled again. "I don't know myself, Yuri-ah. What's wrong with me actually?" She ended up with another chuckle.

 

"You're so cute, you know," Yuri chuckled along, oblivious to what her words could do to the other girl. Jessica's cheeks had already become as red as boiled tomato. She looked down to hide it.

 

Is she flirting again? Oh my god, please stop here. I don't think I can handle it.

 

"Sica-ah," Yuri called her softly.

 

Jessica lifted up her face and looked at the smiling Yuri.

 

"I miss you. Don't you miss me too? Don't you want to give me a hug?"

 

Jessica's jaw dropped slowly upon hearing Yuri's question. Did...did...did she just say...that...that she misses me? Jessica's eyes blinked several times. She couldn't believe what she just heard. Am I hearing it right?? Yuri misses me!!! She is missing me!! Doesn't she know how much I'm missing her too? And, and those arms. She looked at the opened arms of Yuri. Yuri was asking for a hug from Jessica. She wants a hug!! A hug!! Oh my god, I can't believe it.

 

"So you don't miss me." Yuri reluctantly dropped her arms. "Alrig--" Before she could even finish her word, she was attacked by a sudden hug from the brunette girl. "Unggh, Sica-ah." Yuri didn't see it coming.

 

"Pabo! Why wouldn't I miss you. Of course I miss you, pabo-yah!!" Jessica said between her hug.

 

How can I not miss you, Yuri-ah. All I can think about for the whole day is you. You and only you, Yuri-ah. That's how much I miss you. Even my mind can't stop thinking about you.

 

"I really miss you," she whispered softly this time.

 

Yuri smiled and returned the hug.

 

Jessica could sense more warmth radiating to her back as soon as Yuri's arms touched it. The hug felt like what she remembered. The warmth, the comfort, the security, the smell and the same arms. Just this time, Sica wanted to savor as much as it can from the hug. She tightened the hug and placed her head on Yuri's shoulder. She breathed deeply, as much as she could, remembering the smell of the tanned girl's presence.

 

After almost five minutes of both not wanting to break the hug, Jessica finally let her go. "But I hate you." Jessica said after she did so.

 

"Eh?" Yuri startled by the sudden confession.

 

"You almost give me a heart attack, you know. Acting all heroic like that. I thought you were gonna die."

 

"Was I that bad?"

 

Jessica nodded. "I'm scared, Yuri-ah. Really scared. Promise me you won't do any stunt like that ever again. Okay?"

 

Yuri looked at Jessica. There was a hint of confusion there in her face. But it quickly disappeared before she talked again. "I promise I won't do it ever again," Yuri raised her peace sign. "Regardless of whatever I did that really make you scared."

 

"Eh, you don't remember?"

 

Yuri shook her head weakly.

 

"So you don't remember the accident? At all?" Jessica's voice raised a bit due to the shock.

 

"Nope." The sick girl shook her head again weakly.

 

"Hemm, okay then," Jessica shrugged nonchalantly, "You don't have to remember it either. It wasn't a really nice thing to remember actually."

 

"Glad to hear it. I thought I was missing something funny." Yuri laughed. "Do I miss watching that wrestling tournament between Yoona and Sooyoung."

 

Jessica laughed. "Lucky you don't. It will be their biggest competition this year. You definitely can't miss it."

 

"I know right."

 

Jessica smiled. "But, Yuri-ah. Please. Never you jump in front of the truck to save me ever again. Never, okay? I promise I won't be so reckless again either. Okay?" She stared at Yuri's brown orb eyes, waiting for answer.

 

"Y..Yes, Sica-ah," answered Yuri's, startled.

 

"Thank you, Yuri-ah." Jessica leaned in for another hug. She circled her arms around the tanned girl's shoulder. "I really don't wanna lose you," she whispered, just loud enough for Yuri to hear.

 

Yuri blinked her eyes several times. "Si..Sica-ah..." There was a brief pause before finally Yuri timidly embraced the girl and her back gently.

 

"You won't, Sica. I'm not going anywhere."

 

***

 

"Thank you," Yuri said to the nurse before entering her room. She was greeted by a smile from the familiar brunette girl.

 

"Hey, where have you been?"

 

"A test I'm supposed."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter