Gullible

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A brown haired girl was whistling alone along the corridor, skipping herself on the ceramics floor heading to her classroom. Yuri just heard a good news roaming around the school. She couldn’t wait to tell her friends about this, and especially a certain friend which would be really really really happy to hear about this particular news.

 

Yuri heard the news from her classmate, Yumi, when she was buying some snacks at the canteen. The girl told her about the information she got when she accidentally eavesed drop the teacher’s room. The school was planning to sent students home early. Yuri immediately left Yumi alone after saying thanks for the info, without even waiting for the girl to explain why. She was really eager to spread the good news that didn’t think about the reason behind their early leaving at all.

 

The classroom’s door was closed when Yuri arrived there. Her hand was already on the doorknob when her ears caught some sounds coming from inside the room. It was a boy’s voice.

 

She kept her hands on the doorknob and stood still there while increasing her auditory sense so she could catch the conversation inside.

 

“I never thought I could really love someone as much as I love you. We started out as a friends just talking, but over the last couple of months I've truly fallen for you head over heels.”

 

Omo, is he confessing to someone??? Yuri freaked out in her mind. She had never witnessed a love confession before and she could feel her blood rushed from the thrilling sensation.

 

She glued her ears to the door to get a better access to the conversation.

 

“You're not one to admit how you feel but I know somewhere in your heart you have feelings for me too because I know you would not have just wasted your time for nothing. You know I care.”

 

Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait a minute. She pulled her ears from the door. Isn’t it Sukjin?? Yuri eyes widened. Sukjin is confessing!!! She quickly put her ears on the door again to know what were going next.

 

“You're the only person who could ever put this big of a smile on my face. And I want to do the same. I want to be the reason behind your beautiful smile.”

 

He is so cheesy, Yuri giggled at herself while still eavesdropping his love confession.

 

“I promise as long as my heart is still beating, I’ll protect you, I’ll always make you happy. Because I’m in love with you.”

 

Wah, wah, wah, this boy is really something. I should know who the girl is.

 

Yuri slid the door slightly in a slow motion before peeking from the space of the ajar door. She almost lost her mind when she saw the scene inside the classroom. Her jaw immediately dropped uncontrollably, her eyes almost fell out from its socket.

 

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Sukjin was on his knee with his right arm stretched out to the girl in front of him with a wide smile shown on his face.

 

It can’t be!!!

 

“Yes, I’d love to.”

 

As she said so, Jessica took Sukjin’s hand and smiled.

 

“NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!” Yuri screamed all out of her lungs and rushed in into the classroom to separate both hands forcefully.

 

Sukjin and Jessica was both surprised by the sudden intruder. They looked at Yuri with a very confuse expression.

 

“What are you doing, Yuri-ah?” Jessica asked to the panting Yuri.

 

“I should be the one who asking you, Sica. What are you doing with him???” Yuri replied with a heavy breath.

 

“Sukjin??” Jessica asked again, still in a confused state.

 

“Yeah, who else.”

 

“I’m practicing for the drama, Yuri-ah.” Jessica answered calmly.

 

EEEEEEEKKKKKKHHHHHHHH???!!!!

 

Yuri’s jaw dropped low low low to the ground.

 

Right there she wished she could just disappear from two people in front of her. Or she would just dig her own grave before dying of embarassement. Or just anything that could save her from this embarassing moment.

 

A loud laughter could be heard from behind Jessica and Sukjin. An unique sound of laughter that was accompanied by a couple of clapping that belongs to the black haired girl.

 

“You’re so funny, Yuri-ah. They are just doing act.” Tiffany said between her laughter.

 

Yuri closed her hanging mouth and tried to regain her composure. “Really?”

 

“Yes, Yuri-ah. Actually you cut in the best part.”

 

“What part?”

 

“The kissing scene of course.”

 

“WHHHHAAATTT???!!!!” Yuri shouted in reflex with a really loud volume as the eyes of hers popping on its own for the second time.

 

A round of laughter came from the eye-smiled girl again. “I’m just kidding, Yuri-ah. Why are you so freaking out?” She held her own stomach as she couldn’t stop her laughter.

 

“I…I…” Yuri was speechless from the ‘second’ embarassement.

 

“You’re so funny, Yuri-ah,” Tiffany approached the tanned girl. “Let’s go outside. We shouldn’t disturb their practice. Come on,” she dragged the embarassed girl outside the classroom.

 

“Yah. Yah. Why are you dragging me out?!!”

 

Yuri tried to escape from Tiffany’s grip but failed as the latter’s strength was beyond normal.

 

“Sshh, Kwon Yuri. You’re so noisy,” said Tiffany while keeping her hand on Yuri so the tanned girl would follow her going far from the classroom.

 

“Yah, Tiffany Hwang!!!”

 

“They’re practicing, Yuri-ah. They need concentration.”

 

The grip on Yuri’s arm was finally pulled off and Tiffany turned her body to face Yuri.

 

“But not with that guy!!”

 

“What’s wrong with Sukjin?”

 

“He…” Yuri thought for a while. “He…”

 

“He what?”

 

“Just not him!!”

 

“What’s wrong with you?? Don’t you agree to support Sica in this drama??” Tiffany raised her eyebrows.

 

“But I don’t know he is the main actor.”

 

“Duh, Yuri-ah. He is good at acting.”

 

“No, no, no.” Yuri shook her head frantically. “I will stop them!!”

 

She was going to run back to the classroom but a loud knock on her head stopped her from going any further.

 

“Yah! Fany-ah! It hurts,” said Yuri as she rubbed her hurted head.

 

“Then stop being so childish.”

 

“I’m not childish.”

 

“You are, Kwon Yuri.”

 

“I’m not,” she pouted.

 

“You should stop act weirdly like this if you’re not.”

 

“I just don’t like Sica being paired up with him.”

 

“Why? Are you jealous?” Tiffany challenged Yuri. She stared at the taller girl intensely while keeping her hands on the hips.

 

“Hah?”

 

“Do you like Sukjin?”

 

“Whaattt???!!!” Yuri blurted out.

 

“You must be jealous til you act like this.”

 

“Meehh!! Never in my life I would like him,” Yuri talked with a clear disgusted expression on her face.

 

“Then?” Tiffany raised her eyebrows.

 

“I just don’t like him.“

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter