Accident

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri was walking along the pavement, hands inside her thick blue jacket’s pocket, protecting herself from the cold weather. Next to her was Jessica who hadn’t uttered any single word again after they left the playground earlier.

 

Yuri glanced at the brunette girl all the time. Jessica was crossing her arms and keeping her gaze down all the time throughout the walk. Yuri was wondering what was in her mind today. She had been spacing out a lot since the meeting with Tiffany and her new girlfriend. As a result she had been ignored a lot by the shorter girl.

 

Yuri thought that her idea to bring Jessica to the playground would stop the brunette girl from thinking too much. She was happy when she could make Jessica laughed and smiled through the mini games of snowball fight. But apparently, it didn’t last long. The girl was sunken into her deep thought again instead.

 

Is it about Tiffany and Taeyeon?

 

She glanced at Jessica and noticed a frown on her beautiful fair face.

 

It can be. After all it’s a shocking news for her.

 

Yuri nodded as she keep observing the brunette girl.

 

But, wait. Even though it’s a bit shocking, she is thinking too much about it. She should have forget about it after our snowball fight. It isn’t a really big deal. It’s just about a new relationship. Tiffany and Taeyeon.

 

She sighed and shifted her gaze away from Jessica. She looked far away and thought about the new couple.

 

Yeah, of course they both are girls. But that’s not a big problem, isn’t it?

 

She raised her right eyebrow, asking no one but herself.

 

Or…. Is it? For her?

 

Yuri shrugged and sighed before looking at the traffic light. It showed the red sign for the pedestrians who wanted to cross the street. Yuri stopped and waited for the light to turn green.

 

Maybe it is a big proble----

 

Yuri didn’t finish her thought as she saw the brunette girl was walking across the road, while it was still the red lightfor the pedestrians. Her eyes immediately widened and her jaw dropped.

 

“Sica!!” Yuri screamed out loud.

 

What is she doing?!!

 

Yuri looked at the brunette girl and then turned her head to the right to see if there would be upcoming vehicle passed the road.

 

“Sica!!!!” she tried to call her again but it was all useless. The girl wasn’t listening.

 

Her heart was beating fast and she was sweating a lot when she saw there was a big truck coming from the right side. Yuri was panicked.

 

Oh no! Oh no!

 

“Sica!!” she tried to call for the last time before making her decision.

 

I’m sorry, Umma.

 

Yuri could hear the loud sound of car horn from the right side as she swiftly moved her legs to run into the middle of the road. The horn sound was echoing inside her mind, outloud, while the upcoming white lighting was illuminating the road and also the figure in front of her.

 

The event after that was happening so fast.

 

Yuri didn’t even think when she finally pushed the other girl’s body as far as she could before she waited for the impact. In a split second, the sound of tires grinded against the tar road was squealing into her ears. But she realized, it was not enough to prevent the big vehicle to collide with the small body of her. The last thing she knew was the feeling of the cold iron on her soft skin which formed a roaring bang.

 

***

 

Her head was spinning hard. Lagged to process everything that just happened in a rapid time.

 

Once she was facing a truck with a bright light and deafening honking. She thought that she might be hit by the big vehicle anytime soon. But then, in less than a second, a strong force shoved her away from where she was standing. It made her landing hard on the rough road and disappeared into a pitch black surrounding.

 

The first thing Jessica saw after recovering from the dark was the face of a man in a white suit. His mouth was moving, forming words that she couldn’t understand. Her brain was filled with incoherent sounds. There was so much noise in her head. The resounding sound of ambulance siren. The echoing sound from siren of the police car. Also the blurred buzzing voice of people from afar.

 

She tried to push herself up with her right elbow. She could feel the texture of fabrics on both of her hands after successfully pulled up her body into sitting position. She ignored the stinging pain from the cut on her face and her legs and looked at her blurred surrounding.

 

“Miss, are you okay?” It was the voice of the same man in white suit.

 

Jessica shook her head weakly.

 

“You should lay still,” the man said.

 

The girl ignored the man’s advice and tried again to look around. This time she got a clearer view. She could see the road had been crowded with people. And also a big truck there, which she remembered clearly would definitely hit her if she wasn’t pushed away.

 

Suddenly a realization hit her.

 

Yuri!! Where is she?

 

She went down from the stretcher, ignoring the panic shouts from the man earlier. She was frantic after knowing Yuri was nowhere in her sight. Jessica immediately hobbled into the crowd a few meters away from where she was. Then she splitted the people to see what had been garnered the attention.

 

Jessica could see Yuri. There. Lying unconsciously. On the folded stretcher. Surrounded by a team of men and women in white suit.

 

The sight in front of her was so clear. The blood was seen on Yuri’s head, che

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter