Dinner Time!

Stop Ruining Me

I waited for mom to come home just to give her a little talk about her closeness with Taehyung's family.

 

The front door creaked open and mom appeared.

 

"Well hello!" she greeted with a pleasing smile.

 

"Hi." I bluntly replied.

 

She raised her brow at me and walked over to the couch; where I was.

 

"Wehhh." I whined.

 

"What's wrong??" She asked concerned but chuckled a bit.

 

"Why do you have to be friend's with Taehyung's mom?" I groaned.

 

She chuckled even more and sighed. "I have been her friend ever since I was in highschool." She looked me in the eyes.

 

"Noo! It can't be!!" I shut my eyes and punched the air.

 

"Why do you have a problem with her? You barely know her, Hana."

 

I opened my eyes. "I don't have a problem with her. I have a problem with her freakin son!"

 

"Taehyung?"

 

"Who else?" I rolled my eyes, but it was unnoticable..

 

She gasped and then scolded me. "Watch your attitude.Taehyung is one of the most nicest gentleman out there. You must be lying that you have a problem with a person like him."

 

My eyes bulged out. "No, he is the devil's child! Wait no, he is the devil!!!!"

 

"Oh my gosh, please try to be nice...at least for tonight." She put a hand on my shoulder.

 

"...wait whaaa?" My jaw dropped.

 

"I invited the Kim's for dinner!" She exclaimed.

 

Well .

 


 

I was sitting at the table with Taehyung, waiting for the food my mom and his mom was preparing for all of us to eat.

 

"You really don't have to cook. You're the guest." I overheard my mom say to his mom.

 

"I insist." His mom nicely replied.

 

"Are you just gonna keep staring at me lke that?" Taehyung suddenly asked.

 

I squinted at him. "I wasn't staring. In your dreams, I would ever stare at a boy like you."

 

He scoffed. "Boy? I'm a man, FYI."

 

"Sure..."

 

He grinned at me and looked at his mom (Mrs. Kim).

 

I wondered how he is so rude, yet his mother is such a nice person. Well as far as I know. I obviously haven't talked to her much so it's not an exact fact that she is comepletely nice just yet. Although she has been friends with my mom for the longest time so she has to be somewhat a good person because my mom only likes good and nice people.

 


 

"Can you please pass the mashed potatoes?" I asked Taehyung. I glared at him and he looked up from his plate and stared at me, trying not to growl. "I said 'please', Taehyung." I attempted to say nicely. Not because of my mom's and his mom's existence, but because I wanted for him to actually not hate me as much as he does already. I want for him to know I am a good person (which I already am, but he's in denial) so he could stop bashing me. All that means I have to it up and try to kill him with kindness while he is killing me with rudeness.

 

He rolled his eyes, sighed, and gave me the bowl of mashed potatoes.

 

"Thank you." I smiled a fake smile.

 

It became quiet and all you could hear was the sounds of plates, utensils, and chewing.

 

"Where's Yoona?" Mrs. Kim asked to break the ice.

 

Mom looked at me and then looked back at her. "I'm not sure, she was acting up today. Hana, did you make up with her?"

 

I heard Taehyung slightly choke on his food and smirk.

 

"Did you?" Mom repeated part of her sentence.

 

"Um I forgot to. I was distracted." I excused.

 

"You got distracted from making up with your sister?" She looked me in the eye.

 

"It's not a big deal...I'll talk to her tonight."

 

"U-um it's alright, she said she was gonna do it tonight. Let's talk about something else." Mrs. Kim said, breaking the intense atmosphere between mom and I.