Diary entries: September 2009

The Story Only We Knew

Yoseob’s POV

 

“September 1, 2009. Cloudy.

 Dear diary,

           We were given a day’s off by the company. And so, everyone went home. I almost didn’t remember which bus to take after alighting at the train station. It has been such a long time since I last went home..

The camera was following me the whole day. [A/N: And he finally gets the screen time that he’s been begging from maknae Dongwoon. Three cheers for Seobbie! ^^] But it felt a little uncomfortable. Maybe it was due to the fact that I didn’t have any make-up on and my fresh face looks horrible ): I asked camera-man hyung and he said I looked fine. But I think he just doesn’t want to hurt me by telling the truth.

Anyway, I got to our family restaurant safe-and-soundly. I don’t know if there’s a word like this but just live with it, will you? This isn’t the first time anyway… Well, I reached home within 4 hours! Yayyy! Record time. I never once got home that quickly, the journey always seemed long and distant, at least it was to me. I gave my mum a fan-gift. I mean. Wouldn’t it be a little weird if a guy carries his own pictures around? That would totally freak girls out and I surely wouldn’t want that.

After helping out in the restaurant, I invited the B2ST guys over. I was looking forward to my parents and them meeting. Too bad Hae Yeon was in school. I could’ve introduced them too. Oh yes, before I forget, the name of our group is B2ST, pronounced as Beast. It meant cool in american slang like that's so beast!. The 2 was supposed to be pronounced the hangul way like ‘ee’, I’m sure you don’t need me to teach you that right? After all, you’re a diary book made in KOREA, not CHINA or INDIA. You should know hangul.

Back to the point, I was glad the boys came down. Our restaurant got so busy in the afternoon and really needed help! We had to leave after a while and you can’t imagine how sad I was. I was on the verge of tears. But dad warned me not to in front of cameras. I had to listen. He gave me a handshake while mum, who gave me a hug. She must’ve known how much I needed that. For encouragement and motivation. And probably to apologise for not being there for me when I needed her. She knew me better than myself. No joke.

But someone was there for me when I needed her. Or rather someone’s photo. Okay. I really got to stop this. However did I end up talking about you-know-who again!? I could have sworn practices this days are driving me crazy! ): Not to mention her special stage with Key! Someone slap me out of this craze please? Anyone.”


  

“September 3, 2009. Unknown.

 Dear diary,

           I’m sorry I had to put unknown. I was trapped in the studio for one whole day, well almost the whole day, and I didn’t get to see the beautiful blue sky. BOO ): Hmm.. Wait. Let me pick up my MP3 first before I continue okay? Hold on a sec pal! :D

Anyway, we recorded today! Although it was an old song, I was still hyperventilating. It made me feel like a real artiste, even prior debut. Recording was fun. We took turns to sing different parts and then combined the best together. When it was my turn, I felt really awkward as all of them were sitting outside the glass panel staring and teasing me ):

We were separated into batches. Hyunseungie and Kiki was together, the remaining was another group. Our group finished recording and stealthily went out of the building. We headed for the noraebang. I was hoping that Hyunseung hyung wouldn’t realize his surprise birthday party. But I thought our group was a bit fail in surprises so.. I still hoped he wouldn’t. It wouldn’t kill hoping right?

Kiki was supposed to lead Hyunseung into our trap. I hope that babo doesn’t let the cat out of the bag or screw up our plans some way or another! He's 90% of the reasons why our surprises always failed. Sigh. He’s smart but not witty. Get it?

To my surprise, the surprise party went really well and we had a blast. Hmm.. It was a bit larger scale. Like an explosion? :D Hyunseung told me that my hyper-ness in the noraebang was the largest and most destructive man-made disaster ever. He should really see my reaction when I saw my idol. As in Rain. What were you thinking huh?

These days, i tried to stay out of the TV set, since IU was having so many thousand and millions of never-ending special stages with random people.. I have been surpressing this for so long. And I totally lost it when MIA was playing in the noraebang.

 

{Did you know? Noraebang means

'karaoke room'/ KTV in hangul.}

{Did you know? I Like You the Best was

the first song BEAST ever recorded.}


  

“September 8, 2009. Sunny.

 Dear diary,

           We went for MT!! Sorry I didn’t mention it to you earlier. I didn’t have time ): You understand, don’t you? Anyway, it was so much fun. Except for the starting, when we were made to do PT. It was a torture camp, a boot camp! You know a boot camp? It’s that place that people gets sends to when they needed to kick some addict. I think it suits Doojoon, since he used to smoke.. Oh well, but it’s good he quitted already (:

In the night, we had an outdoor barbeque. THE FOOD WAS FREAKING NICE! :DDD Except for the amount of salt *cough cough*. After barbequing and fooling around, we sat down around a camp fire to have some serious talk. That was when they showed us videos of our mums. All of us start breaking down. I didn’t know why, but this homesickness just overwhelms me so much and I couldn’t stand it anymore.

The post interview was hard for me, Since I had to talk in front of the camera while holding back my tears. My father’s words before I left home the last time kept replaying in my head. When he warned me not to cry in front of the camera. After the interview, I ran into the house and dug into my blankets.

Since the company confiscated our phones for us to concentrate on the MT, I could not call my mum. Neither could I look at the precious wallpaper that had kept me going on when I was down. I felt so terrible and cried myself to sleep.. ”

 

{Did you know? Doojoon used to smoke. But

his stamina was worsening so he quitted for

his fans to be able to continue his career as an idol.}


 

“September 17, 2009. Windy.

 Dear diary,

           Our new song, as well as our intro is out! And we danced on streets and tunnels for our teaser. And I have to say it’s amazing! :DD ‘Bad girl’ was totally catchy and all. I liked it. A lot (: I let Daniel hear a little of it and he said it was good too. But he looked a little sad.

Happy for me, because I was going to debut soon; Sad for himself, because he couldn’t debut as soon as I did. Wasn’t this what I felt towards Dongwoon back in those days? I could totally relate. But I trust that my awesome little brother would make it some other day, since he was really talented and i really liked his smoothing vocals. Kekeke.

We had to make the MV soon. Within this week was what I heard, since our album shoot was already done. They just needed to finish preparing the sets. Dance practices these days are so tough and I’ve been having muscle aches for quite some time already. But all the hyungs, Kiki, as well as Dongwoon encouraged me a lot.. Woonie even promised to pass me his piano skills after we end promotions for our debut :DDD

For now, I just hoped they can return the phones. Till then, I’ll have to look at the album cover on my MP3. What a downer ): ”


 

“September 25, 2009. Windy.

 Dear diary,

           We finished shooting for our MV! It was a whole new experience. I always wanted to know how IU felt when shooting a new MV with those make-believe sets. And now, I got to try it myself. I wonder if she was this happy as me when she first debut.. Hmm..

Anyway, we had to stay up for three days to complete the filming, with 10 to 15 minutes break in between. It was tiring, but I never regretted. I was going to debut. Most importantly, I could meet her, my idol. Aren’t you happy for me? (:”