Safe

The Story Only We Knew

Yoseob’s POV


twitterdp1.jpghelloimys     양요서비

Just received a text and I'm preparing to go out now. It's a date. Shhhh~ ^^

10 minutes ago


twitterdp1.jpghelloimys     양요서비

Finally back to dorm for a proper rest! And I'm done showering. For now - sleep. ㅋㅋ :P

2 hours ago


twitterdp1.jpghelloimys     양요서비

Because they feed us with never-ending snacks and love! :DD RT @beastdw: B2UTY! I like you the best~ ㅋㅋ

3 hours ago


twitterdp1.jpghelloimys     양요서비

Practice to prepare for comeback next week! Tiring~ ㅜㅜ B2UTYs have a nice day. Fighting! :DDD

8 hours ago


twitterdp1.jpghelloimys     양요서비

Arrived at CUBE building and saw lots of B2UTYs here waiting for us. Mood upppppp!~ Fighting!

8 hours ago


twitterdp1.jpghelloimys     양요서비

Beautiful debuted 2 days ago as #1 on Mnet K-charts and all songs in the EP was 2nd - 5th place! Thank you everyone for supporting us~ B2UTYs, please continue to show love to BEAST! Please also show a lot of love to Yoseobbie! ㅋㅋㅋ

9 hours ago


twitterdp1.jpghelloimys     양요서비

In the car now~ Bored ㅜㅜ

9 hours ago


twitterdp1.jpghelloimys     양요서비

I can't open my eyes! My eyelids are too heavy ㅜㅜ Hyung save me @Joker891219 @BeeeeestDJ

10 hours ago


Third person POV

 

Yoseob reached the café within 15 minutes after receiving the text. He looked around and tried to spot the person he was meeting, but he can’t seem to find her. He hurriedly whipped out his phone and started typing.

 

From: Seobbie Oppa

Ji Eun-ah! Where are you?

From: Ji Eun

I’m still at home… Oppa, aren’t you sleeping? I thought you’d spend

more time preparing so I didn’t leave house early. So sorry! ):

From: Seobbie Oppa

It’s alright. Take your time! ^^

From: Ji Eun

I’ll be there in a while. Please wait for a bit!

From: Seobbie Oppa

Don’t worry… I’ll be right here waiting for you (:

 

Yoseob walked out of the café once again and went down the street, towards the florist he had went to previously.

 

“Ahjumma!” He chirped cheerfully as he pushed open the door.

 

Ever since his last visit, he became friends with the cashier lady who owns the shop. Who wouldn’t? Yoseob was polite, cute, humble and nice. On top of that, he was a member of the k-pop sensation, BEAST.

 

“Yoseob-ie!” The cashier lady went to the front of the shop to welcome him.

“Here, take a seat” She said while offering him some warm green tea.

 

She knew Yoseob likes warm tea to keep his vocal warmed up.

 

“Thanks ahjumma! How’s business today?” Yoseob asked curiously before taking in small sips of tea.

“It’s great. There’s a little boy who came into the shop to buy red roses. He said he wanted to confess to his true love” She said while chuckling.

“Little boy? How old?” Yoseob asked in shock.

“Around 5th grade… He’s pretty short for his age.”

“How could a fifth-grader find true love!?” Yoseob asked, finding the situation completely ridiculous.

“Yoseob-ah, even a fifth-grader has the courage to confess… You should too” The cashier lady caressed his soft black hair like a mother would.

“Ahjumma, you don’t understand… Idols are not supposed to be dating. I’m afraid my fans will hurt her like they once did. I don’t want history to repeat again” He buried his hands at the depressing thoughts.

“Protect her” It was a relatively simple answer.

“I don’t know how to go about doing it. I’m afraid of the things people might say.”

“Keep it a secret then” She suggested.

“She might reject me before I even ask her” He pouted. “I can’t take it; I prefer to keep status quo”

“The fact that she accepted your flowers made me sure that she wouldn’t do that” She assured him with a pat on his back. “Trust me, Yoseob-ah”

“Let me think about it” He said, heading for the door. “I’ll come again when I’m free.”

“Nice to have a friend like you who can give advices.” Yoseob continued whilst walking out of the shop, smiling.

“Anything for you, my dear boy.”

“Thanks ahjumma” Yoseob gave one last glance at the cashier lady and walked away.


[15 minutes later in the café]

When IU reached, her hair was once again strewn all over her face.

 

“Ji Eun-ah!” Yoseob called out for her from his seat.

He stood up to pull the chair for IU as she walked over, panting heavily.

 

“O-ppa” She was still breathless when she took her seat.

“It’s okay. Take your time” Yoseob said worriedly. “Ji Eun-ah, why are you always out of breath when you arrive?”

“I couldn’t take the car and I had to travel by foot. I didn’t want manager oppa to catch me meeting you. He might misunderstand. And I didn’t want you to wait for long so I ran” She pouted. “I’m sorry for being late. I should have come out of home earlier. Sorry oppa”

 

She continued to apologize profusely as Yoseob wiped away droplets of sweat from her forehead.

 

“It’s alright” Yoseob replied patiently for the 54678323th time.

“What would you like?” He asked while handing over the menu to IU.

“Anything would do… You know I’m not fussy over food” She smiled for the first time since they met 5 minutes ago.

“Well, if you don’t mind, I actually ordered beforehand. Again” Yoseob chuckled softly with his hands covering his mouth.

“Well, why am I not surprised?” IU said before taking a sip of ice water.


[After dinner, strolling along Han River]

“Oppa! Congratulations!” IU chirped.

“About Suzy? I told you it was nothing to be…”

“Not her! Why are you thinking of her when you’re with me?” IU replied sadly, her original smile disappearing.

“I’m not… I just thought you… Never mind. What did you want to say just now?”

“Look! You made me digress!” IU slapped Yoseob’s arm playfully and went into a deep ponder.

“Oh yes! Congrats for debuting at top 5 on Mnet, your new mini album!” She clapped her hands softly.

“Thanks! But this is embarrassing!” Yoseob thanked her shyly and scratched his head.

“Aww~ That’s so cute!” IU pinched his cheeks and ran away.

“Yah! Lee Ji Eun! How dare you? You think you can escape after performing such atrocious act? Watch me!” Yoseob started chasing her non-stop along the Han River.

 

“Ahhh!” IU suddenly collapsed onto the hard concrete.

“Ji Eun-ah! Are you alright?” Yoseob rushed forward.

“It hurts. Hurts a lot, oppa” She started tearing.

“Please don’t cry, Ji Eun-ah! I’ll bring you home and treat you. Just stop crying. Please?” Yoseob showed her his famous puppy eyes while wiping away her tears with his fingers.

“I’m a strong girl. I’m not crying. Sand went into my eyes, oppa” She said weakly.

“Let’s go” He smiled, hoping it would give IU some assurance.


[In BEAST's dormitory]

“What did you do to her, Seobbie-ah!?” Doojoon yelled loudly, flailing his hands around wildly.

“Yah! Stop it!” Junhyung smacked Doojoon’s hands away when they were about to hit him in his face.

“I’ll get the first-aid kit” Dongwoon scrambled into the room and got into a frantic search.

“Ahhh! There’s blood! What should we do? What should we do? Seobbie-ah!!!” Hyunseung was no doubt freaking out now.

“I’ll get water!” Kikwang said and rushed into the kitchen, dragging Hyunseung along with him.

 

Yoseob just stared at IU’s wound apologetically.

 

“It’s alright, oppa” IU comforted him as though she could read his mind.

“Sorry…” Yoseob stood up. “I’ll get the first-aid kit”

“Hyung, I got it!” Dongwoon raised the white box victoriously.

“Bring it over!” Doojoon commanded calmly.

“Ouch! It hurts!” IU squeaked from the pain and tightened her grip on the cushion.

“Softer, Doojoon-ah! Can’t you see you’re hurting her?” Yoseob watched from the side.

“Aish! Let me do it” Yoseob snatched the antiseptic impatiently and treated IU’s wound personally.


[After leaving BEAST's dormitory, in the elevator]

“Thanks oppa…”

“It’s nothing. It’s actually my fault you fell. Sorry Ji Eun-ah” Yoseob apologized again.

“For the one thousandth and one time, it’s alright. I was careless” IU tried hard to joke as they walked out of the elevator.

“Ouch.”

“You can’t go down steps! The wound would break open.” Yoseob pondered for a while.

“Get on me.”

“What!?”

“Before I get rough. Now” He commanded.

“No! It’s… Ahh!”

 

Yoseob got IU onto his back within seconds with a strong jerk.

 

“I warned you” He smirked.

“Oppa!” IU struggled. “Let me down”

“Alright, you wanted it” Yoseob lets go of his grip on her.

“Ahhh!” IU shrieked.

 

Yoseob grabbed her tight again before she lands onto the ground.

 

“Omo” IU gasped.

“Do you still want to get down?” Yoseob taunted.

 

IU shook her head violently, making Yoseob giggle.

 

“I almost thought I was going to fall the second time. Like once wasn’t enough”

“Ji Eun-ah, can you please forgive me? I apologized already!” Yoseob said in a child-like voice.

“I never blamed you. Never, oppa”

 

She leaned her face against Yoseob’s broad shoulders, knowing that she would be safe for the rest of the journey as long as he is with her.


[On the way home, Yoseob tweeted]


twitterdp1.jpghelloimys     양요서비

I'm sorry, girl ㅜㅜ

5 minutes ago