Apply Yourself

Turmoil

N, Ravi and Hongbin had a productive and good workday. Hyuk's was less so and he complained about it that night when they all were at N's place. Then he finally whispered to N loud enough for all to hear, "What is the model doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" Ravi retorted

"I'm home. This used to be Leo and N's home away from home. Their house was a wedding gift from our parents to them. And this place, Leo got for them"

Ravi's head whipped to N, "Is this true?"

"Yes. He gave it to me after our seperation so I could get on my feet"

"You are, so return it", Ravi said and Hyuk demanded, "Why? It's not your business"

Ravi held on for patience before he spoke again earnestly. He pulled N away from the others first. "N, why are you not making a clean break of it? Hyuk. Leo, this place? Enough!"

"Ravi, what has gotten into you?" N was genuinely surprised at his friend's vehemence. "Not to quote Hyuk, but how is this any of your business?"

"Because I..." Ravi paused and took a deep breath, "I am your friend and I worry all these bindings will give Leo more of a hold over you".

"Bull !"

Both young men turned to see Hyuk. He had heard the last part. Ravi was ticked off and shouldered Hyuk aside to pass. Hyuk looked back and watched Ravi go with disdain, dismissed him and turned around to face N. "About me".

"What about you, Hyuk?"

 N had to admit he was relieved Hyuk had intervened

"Hongbin is kind of a twisted bigot, we agree?" Hyuk said and N remembered. "Ah Hongbin. I forgot Ravi has to take him home cause they are going the same way". Then what Hyuk said sank in and he looked at his baby brother in law who continued speaking, "I caught our handsome bigot checking me out. He was staring at my ".

"So?"

"So if he was staring at me, he might be doing the same to you", Hyuk concluded and N threw his hands in the air, "Oh Lord! Hyuk". But that one was not done, "No, no, listen, I'm unto something here".

"You better not mess with him , Hyuk", N warned.

"Who says it'll be a mess?" Hyuk said with a dangerous gleam in his eyes and N thought, it was time for Leo to come get this little devil as he stopped the conversation to go to his room.  By the time he came back, Ravi was gone but Hongbin was still there and Hyuk was talking to him. Not good. Hyuk was telling Hongbin he was considering being a model. It was the first N had ever heard of that. Then he saw Hongbin's lips thin and realised Hyuk was chipping at Hongbin's insecurities. Hyuk must have discovered how sensitive Hongbin was about modelling. For all Hongbin's apparent arrogance, occasional bigotry and general doucheness, he was very sensitive. It was why N cut him so much slack. N knew Hyuk had amazing insight, he saw a lot in a person and N would bet he had seen through Hongbin too, and still did not care. He was talking, 'Like you said, I am on the tall side and I am thin, or at least my brother in law always says. So what do you think?" he asked, striking an astonishingly perfect pose.

"It's alright", Hongbin grudgingly admitted

"Yeah, I guess so", Hyuk said casually while watching Hongbin very closely. N stepped in, "I will drop you off Hongbin"

"Let me", Hyuk offered and N hesitated because he was caught unawares." I 'll be very careful with you car. I do need to get back in the saddle", he added sending Hongbin a wink that he ignored and turned his face away. "No, thank you. I'd rather N dropped me off".

"Your loss handsome", Hyuk said caressing his cheek. Hongbin pulled his face away with a look of disgust directed toward Hyuk.

"You play too much", N muttered to Hyuk as he indicated to Hongbin that they leave. Some time later, there was a rap on N's door after  a bell ring. Hyuk went to answer it. It was his brother.