Face It

Turmoil

Ken called Leo to let him know he was coming over and he arrived, charging. He obviously had something to get off his chest. "Leo", he started, "something has to give. I do not enjoy being part of adultery and-". Leo cut the tirade Ken was obviously gearing up for. "You don't need to. See? I signed the divorce papers". Leo indicated the file on the dining table. Ken went over to pick it up and look through it. He was very satisfied and put them back down carefully, then turned to face Leo with a bright smile. He walked to Leo and pulled him into his arms, "This deserves a celebration", he whispered.

"Yes it does, doesn't it?" Leo replied softly and allowed Ken to lead him back to the bedroom he once shared with N.

                  As time went by, N noticed Hyuk not coming around the company anymore. "What happened?" he asked one day and Hyuk replied carelessly, "Nothing. I got bored and moved back to important matters". That said, he vaulted over the sofa to sit by N and grab his arm and finished cheekily, "Like keeping you in our family".  N shook his head fondly," You will always be a brother to me Hyuk. You know this and a divorce would never change that". Hyuk looked so vulnerable and so young as he leaned unto N and laid his head on his shoulder. N laid his head on Hyuk's and thought how much he loved this cheeky brat. They were still like that when Hyuk's phone rang. He pulled away sniffing and looked at his phone, then declined the call. N frowned, 'Everything alright?

'Yeah. Just a nuisance". But the calls persisted over time and Hyuk still would not answer. N wondered what scrape his baby brother in law had got himself in, but he trusted Hyuk to let him know at least before hit the fan. Yet, it was still a shocker what he learned at work, some days later. God! He was going to kill that boy!

              Hyuk had knuckled down that night to study and smiled brightly when N came home. He was eager to prove to N he could be serious and was getting a good grasp of his academic material. But N did not return his smile. He was of flat affect and Hyuk, who had never been afraid of N, worried and shook a little, seeing N like this. He put his book down and stood up slowly to his full height.

"What is the matter?"

"How could you sleep with Hongbin?!"

"I never slept with him!"

"He told me you got...you got with him in his dressing room"

"Yeah, but we only fooled around, that's all. We did not have !" Hyuk cried out

"Then why has he been calling you so much?"

I don't know. He thinks we are a couple or something" Hyuk eneded weakly, looking away from N.

"And why would he think that?" N demanded, hands on his waist in aggravation, then waved the answer away. "Never mind that. I think I got that part". N wiped his eyes in frustration before asking, "Do you like him?"

"Of course not!"

"Then you thought it would be fun to mess with someone's feelings".

"He deserved it!"

"Says who? You are still such a child atimes". N was calming down, but he was still visibly upset. He had been furious before when Hongbin came to find him and ask why Hyuk was not answering his calls. He had had no idea how busy Hyuk had been, being up to no good. His words were not harsh, but coming from N, they hurt Hyuk.

He said nothing and bent his head as N kept speaking. "I can't fix this. You'll have to do it. Are we clear?"

"Yes" Hyuk whispered even though he was rebelling within. N marched off to his room. Now, he needed soothing. At such a time, Leo would have taken care of him. Now hydrotherapy would have to do and Hyuk better not have finished his bath salts.

        Immediately he was gone, Hyuk dialed Hongbin's number and he picked on the first ring. "What did you tell N all that for?" Hyuk opened

"You weren't picking up my calls", Hongbin answered

"So? It's a universal sign that I do not want to talk to you"

"But...the dressing room?"

"What about it?" Hyuk snapped, "We had some fun. Let's leave it at that". There was quiet on the other end for a while. Then Hongbin quietly said, "Ok" and just as quietly, hung up.

Hyuk breathed a sigh of relief. That was easily taken care of. No fuss, no muss. He looked at his watch. He had time to rush to Leo's, get his game pack and be back in time to resume the chapter he was working on.