Top it

Turmoil

Hyuk arrived and saw Leo's car, but  it was dark and quiet. He must have had another of his headaches, Hyuk thought sadly. He went in and looked around for his game pieces. That is when he saw the file on the coffee table. He picked it up and looked through its contents. Leo had signed! How come?! He was still looking through when Leo's bedroom door opened and out walked Ken in Leo's robe.

"Oh hi. Didn't know you were here", Ken said as he tied the robe's belt. He was obvioulsy under neath.

"Yeah", Hyuk replied without returning Ken's smile, "Shouldn't that be my line?"

Ken padded barefoot towards Hyuk, "I know you feel I took N's place but your  brother needs to move on and I love him".

"So does N", Hyuk replied

"Grow up, Hyuk", Ken said, impatient, "They are over. Accept it" and he walked off, leaving Hyuk clenching a fist and watching helplessly as Ken made himself at home. Finally he stormed off back to N's without his game set. After a warm shower, he went straight to bed.

     N was gone before Hyuk woke up the next day. He left Hyuk a note reminding him to solve the Hongbin affair. Done, Hyuk mentally ticked off. He was enjoying a leisurely breakfast when his cell rang. It was N.

"Hongbin's not at work"

"And?"

"Get over to his place and get him here!"

"How is that my job?" Hyuk demanded

"You are buddy buddy now, having shared tongues and all. Bring him here",  and N hung up.

Hyuk knew where Hongbin stayed, sure, that was not the problem but he resented Hongbin putting him in this situaion. He will tell him a thing or two when he saw him. What an attention , Hyuk thought angrily as he was changing his clothes. Watch him be attempting suicide or some mess. Selfish, Hyuk thought,  as he jerked his t shirt down. He had no sympathy for rubbish and if Hongbin was attempting such, he will let him know. He took off for Hongbin's. By the time he arived, he was very pissed off and buzzed harder than necessary. Hongbin opened the door looking surprise and Hyuk marched in after shoving him aside. "Get dressed", he ordered, "You've got work".

Hongbin shut the door gently and ignored Hyuk who was looking around before saying, "At least you weren't trying to kill yourself"

Hongbin paused midstride of joining Hyuk in his living room, " you".

"If you want", Hyuk shrugged unconcerned. He took a good look at Hongbin. The guy always looked great so it was hard to tell if he was in a funk or not. Right now he was just in grey low riding sweat pants and a simple brown sleeveless t shirt and barefoot.  Hongbin spoke, "Hyuk, why did you kiss me?"

"I was curious"

"And wanted to mess with me". It was not a question

"That was a bonus", Hyuk answered carelessly as he shoved his wallet further in his pocket. Hongbin was frozen and Hyuk barked this time, "Get ready!  N has been fussing at me ever since you opened your mouth"

"Ah! N sent you", Hongbin seemed surprised

"Why? Who did you think did?"

Hongbin gathered himself, "Not important. But you are unbelievable, you know that?"

Hyuk was getting very impatient, "Are you mad because we didn't go all the way or because I didn't hold your hand after?"

Immediately he said that, he knew it was uncalled for. Hongbin had that deer caught in headlights look again. "I am sorry", Hyuk murmured. Hongbin only nodded as he said quietly, "You are right. I will go get ready". Hyuk was a little thrown by Hongbin's sudden about face.

"You aren't planning anything uh... anything not good right?"

Hongbin gave him a brittle smile. He looked like the perfect model now, "No. I am simply going to get ready so we can go"

"Uhm, ok, right", Hyuk was left unsure and flustered by Hongbin's behaviour. He could be one or the other but never both at once.