To be Fair

Turmoil

            The parents left after a day well spent and everyone still breathed a sigh of relief until Leo turned around and saw Ravi was still there. "You didn't go with them?" Ravi turned toward N instead, ignoring Leo and Hyuk, "I will be leaving then", finally he turned to the other two, "See you around". N only nodded, avoiding his steady gaze. Hyuk watched them silently until N shut the door on Ravi. Leo watched N and saw the look passed beteween him and his little brother. He knew he had something to worry about when N announced he would be going back to the apartment for that night. Hyuk told them he had other plans but he would stop at N's first to get some things. It was a somber party among the three.

Immediately both arrived the apartment, Hyuk attacked N."What was that I saw?"

"Nothing", N said without looking at is brother in law but Hyuk marched up to him and turned him around so they faced each other. "N, you know how much I love you and want you and my brother together. But I will not let you hurt him again, especially because of an like Ravi!".

"Nothing happened!"N burst out irritated and Hyuk pounced, "Cause something would have?"

"No, that is not what I am saying.  I am saying this is not your business".

"My brother is my business N. He acts tough and such but it was you that was able to move on quite nicely after your seperation".

N stiffened at that,"Who said I did? Because I did not go around moping does not mean I wasn't hurt too".

"Leo was not moping and you had the ever present Ravi around huh? Like today", Hyuk ended softly.

N said instead, "Didn't you have somewhere to go Hyuk?"

Hyuk put his hands on N's shoulder in appeasement, "Leo loves you very much N. And you love him too, I now that. Don't let whatever Ravi did to you change things".

N did not answer, so Hyuk continued, "I am going to be at Hongbin's".

"When did you guys get so close?"

"When you and my brother were too lost in your own world to pay any attention to me", Hyuk smartly replied

"I am so sorry about that", N was immediately contrite but Hyuk rushed to assure him, "No no, don't be. If one of you were a girl I would say, hurry and make those babies", N flushed and Hyuk continued,"As it is, I will say, Damn! you both are rabbits".

N flushed even more and Hyuk hugged him saying,"You know I love and care about you right?" N nodded, "That is why I say these things. You belong with my brother. Now, I gotta get my things".

N let him go prepare and Hyuk left with N still deep in thought. He knew Hyuk was right but Ravi had woken things in him. Of all times, when things were getting really good between him and Leo. It wasn't fair! 

         Meanwhile, Hyuk made it to Hongbin's and his demeanor was a very angry one. Hongbin opened his door surprised, "I didn't think you would come back as you said, after you tore out here in such anger".

Hyuk barged in,"What did you expect? I had to take care of some family stuff first but now we will deal with this!" Hyuk finished as he flung his bag on the floor. Hongbin walked in ahead of him, "There is nothing to deal with. I send the pictures in and you become a star". 

Hyuk felt like doing violence. Hongbin told him most of those pictures were taken the night he passed out at his place and the rest on subsequent nights. Considering how eager Hyuk was to try anything at least once, it was easy to drug him. But Hyuk refused to believe Hingbin did this on his own. There had to be a better reason than fame. "Your face is already on billboards. Why seek notoriety too? And with me? I don't want that", he had cried out.

Hongbin had sent him a cold smile, "Didn't seem so when you won't make a statement after making a fool of me at N's party".

"Are you kidding me?" Hyuk had demanded in disbelief. "You will do all this because of that?"

"I am very motivated", Hongbin had answered. "Your family seems to have a sense of entitlement with how you treat and deal with people. I heard about your brother and that journalist"

"So what?"

"N and how he treats Ravi"

"And?"

"Then you! And me. You really believed it was alright to mess with my feelings like that"

"I apologised for that damn it, Hongbin. I even offered to do what you wanted"

"And so what? Should I be grateful you chose to do so at your conveniene. This will be a wake up call for you".

"Don't send those pictures Hongbin", Hyuk begged. "I can be an , I know that. But my brother and N don't deserve this".

Hongbin raised a disbelieving eyebrow, "Do you know how much N had promised to be by my side in this business? And how easily he chucked me later?"

"In his defense, he is like that. Look how he treated his own husband", then Hyuk thought about what he just said. It was not helping. Hongbin let that go though. He went to his computer and clicked SEND. Hyuk saw it and rushed to grab his arm and turn him around brutally, "You hate me that much?"

Hongbin snorted, "You don't evoke such strong feelings in me Hyuk. Don't flatter yourself. Now get lost. Soon you become a star". On that note, Hongbin turned away and went to his bedroom to shut his door. Hyuk remained in the living room, shocked. He had never been this wrong about anyone. Ever. He felt the tears rolling down his face and could not stop them, could only wipe them with the back of his hand. With trembling hands, he picked up his things. He could not go to either of his homes. Leo and N would want to know what happened. He had to find a motel, at this hour. He could not stay here another minute, his chest hurt extremely from the pain. By the time he was out of Hongbin's place, the tears were flowing fully and his whole body was trembling. He found a quiet motel, no questions asked and he spent that night in thought.

All this while, Hongbin had felt no affection for him. Even when they had fooled around. Hyuk had never sensed any malevolence in Hongbin. Wow! He was crying and gulping and gasping all at the same time trying to wrap his head around all this. He had to warn his brother and N of the impending headline. Former football star's little brother's entry into the adult world. Rising singer's brother in law delves into the world of . He could not bring himself to call them now though. He had to pull himself together first. Then he would think.