Reboot

Turmoil

N could feel a headache coming on, one to rival that of the person he was speaking with at the moment. "Leo, give me that divorce".

"No"

"What? Why? We have been seperated for a while now. This does not make sense, you saying no".

Ravi had dropped N off that morning before going to the music studio. This building belonged to Leo's family, one of successful athletes, including Leo who had recently retired to focus on recruiting. The only non athlete in his family was his baby brother Hyuk, who was still in school and still deciding what to do with his life. He knew athletics was not going to be part of it though, as he had often told N. Leo was very disappointed but it was his brother's choice. N's support of Hyuk's decison had been a source of contention between him and Leo though. Just one of their many problems, N sighed inwardly. N wanted to move on. They were in Leo's office which was swamped with files everywhere, on the floor, desk and even window sill. N was following Leo as he walked from one pile of files to the next. It was very aggravating. "Would you stop and pay attention to me?!",  N finally exploded and Leo did. He turned around and faced N expectantly.

"I still hate when you do that Leo. Not respond or react to me".

Leo looked heavenward in exasperation and N pulled himself together, "Look, I know you are seeing someone else. I saw the papers. Ken is it? I am sure he would like for you to be free of me".

"You don't know what Ken likes and as for this divorce, N, don't ask for it anymore. I will not give you one".

"We had a prenup!", N cried out, "so what are you digging your heels for? I won't take anything of yours".

Leo sank into his chair, "Yeah, about that. It never sat well with me how much you wanted it, although I had more to lose. It is as if you expected us to fail"

"Hold on, " N began, "Is this about your pride? Then tell the media whatever you want. Put it all on me. Here are the papers",  N finished, putting the papers in question on the empty surface he could find on Leo's desk. "I took the liberty of highlighting and marking what you need to do".

Leo deliberately swiped them to the floor, papers flying everywhere. 

"Damn it, Leo. That is childish".

Leo shrugged. N was about to speak again when his phone rang. He looked at the screen and turned away. "Yeah Ravi, I am done. You can come get me". After other whispered words, N hung up and turned back around to face Leo.

"So Ravi is still around?" Leo asked, crossing his hands behind his head as he leaned back in his chair and crossing his ankles on his desk.

"Yes, he has been very helpful", N answered distracted. He squatted to try and pick and assemble the divorce forms. He  made some headway when Leo slowly got up, walked toward him and calmly kicked them away, "Leave them", he ordered very softly and N stood up, now angry. He saw Leo was angry too. Good. "I can't leave them. I want to be sure you get to them quickly once you see reason.You were always a last minute person".

"You knew that when you married me",  Leo snapped. He was usually taciturn but N had been pulling at the tiger's tail, especially with this divorce business.

"Ravi will be arriving soon. I hope you will be an adult about this and have the papers signed soon", and on that note, N turned around smartly. He was about to turn the door knob when Leo grabbed his arm and pulled him back to himself. He sank a hand into N's jeans, while the other, he splayed on N's abdomen, beneath his t shirt. He caressed N within his jeans as he whispered in his ear, "Feel free to come as many times as you want N. Those papers won't be signed".

N grabbed Leo's wrist, his husband knew his body too well, "Leo, if you don't sign those papers, I will involve this Ken guy you are seeing".

Leo N's ear before answering, "Go ahead. Tell me how it goes".

N pulled Leo's hand out and flung it away, then pulled out of Leo's embrace. There was nothing left to be said, so he left.