-O8

Way Back Home

might contain typos

 

The moment Jinyoung opened his eyes that morning; he never knew that he’ll be seeing one of the best views to wake up to. It was truly normal to witness Mark’s grace during dawn because they’ve shared some nights in the same bed. But Mark was never this close; his lips were never that near on Jinyoung’s. Foreheads pressed against each other and limbs casually wrapped all over their bodies. The younger stared at Mark despite of the drowsiness surrounding him.

There’s something about Mark that disturbed all the butterflies in Jinyoung’s stomach. Maybe Mark is different; in a way that he can appear really good without giving any effort onto it. He’s just sleeping and Jinyoung can’t understand why he feels weird just by looking at him. He tried to clear his thoughts yet his eyes were still glued on Mark. He tried to think why he was feeling different whenever the other’s around. He loves it when they cuddle at night; Mark won’t see the deep blush on his cheeks anyway since Jinyoung buries his face on Mark’s chest. There are a lot of things that he enjoys doing with Mark and sometimes Jinyoung asks himself about the current state of his feelings for him. As of now, Jinyoung still labels their bond as friends. Nothing less but it could be something more.

 

Jinyoung attempted to escape from Mark’s tight hug. This has become a struggles every morning and usually, he’ll end up getting hugged extra tight. Mark has this weird habit of wrapping his legs around Jinyoung’s waist. Of course, the younger was fine with it but sometimes, there’s a strange sensation more like tension happening somewhere between Mark’s thighs and Jinyoung could feel it. It’s typically a man’s thing. I assume.

He slowly pulled away. Removing Mark’s arm all over his upper body and his legs on Jinyoung’s waist. Successfully, he was now free of Mark’s hold. He slipped of the bed silently and looked for his slippers. But before he could walk away, a forceful drag on the wrist made him land on Mark’s chest. “You woke up early. What’s the matter? ” Mark asked, voice still unsteady and eyes closed.

Jinyoung moved away a bit. “I have to do something important. ” He mumbled as the elder begun ruffling his hair lovingly. Mark shifted his position and allowed Jinyoung to escape from his hold. He might scare Jinyoung if he continued this behavior. The younger beamed and stood up, headed straight to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

 

"Your room is nice and it’s better compared to mine." Mark said, sitting up and folding the sheets.

Jinyoung went out of the bathroom while wiping off the excess water around his mouth. “Really? We can switch rooms if you want.”

"No need. I’m fine with my room. And besides, I can sleep here anytime, right?!" and Jinyoung nodded as a light blush tinted his fresh cheeks.


The two went downstairs. Basically, Mark just followed since he was too sleepy to ask Jinyoung. He doesn’t care anyway. As long as they’re together, he’s more than fine with it. The younger headed to the kitchen; grabbing some flour, eggs and other baking ingredients from the cupboard. Mark took it as a hint. Jinyoung can bake? Woah. Mark sat on the kitchen counter as he eyed Jinyoung’s every move.

 

It made him feel like he’s watching his husband cook for breakfast after a long, steamy and love-filled night. Mark wants to see this scene everyday. Wait. He’s taking it too far. All he knew was that he likes Jinyoung and love is a different thing. There’s a huge difference between them. All his realizations were interrupted as an apron hit his face followed by a high pitched laugh.

"Hey! " Mark protested. Jinyoung laughs like he never cared at all. His eyes are beautifully sparkling and his smile instantly pushing the slight annoyance in Mark’s nerves. "I’ve been calling you for 7 times but you’re just blankly looking at me. Are you okay? " Jinyoung stated, wearing his own apron and working on the ingredients.

Mark gulped, embarrassed. How obvious can I still get? He walked towards Jinyoung to help. “What are you going to do?” he intrigued, hoping that the awkwardness would fade anytime soon. The younger reached for a bowl and cracked some eggs. “Beat them.” he replied, passing the bowl to Mark. Without any additional words, Mark obeyed.

 

"I’m going to bake some cupcakes for the staffs." Jinyoung declared with a vibrant voice. Mark halted from his duty and looked at the other with a very confused look. "Why? "

"It’s a way to say thank you. They are so good to me despite the fact that I’m just a newbie in the company. I met great friends and I’m very thankful."

Mark returned a beam. Jinyoung’s kind personality never fails so catch anyone’s heart. They went back to preparing. In a split second, almost all of the needed ingredients are up. They just have to bake. Jinyoung started mixing the dry ones. Flour started to fall from the bowl, creating a white layer on the floor and on the table.

Mark dabbed his fingers on the neglected flour. All of a sudden, he pressed his fingers on Jinyoung’s cheek; creating 2 white lines in both sides. Mark giggled so does Jinyoung. They continued making the cupcakes and after 4 hours, they’re finally done.

Jinyoung took a cupcake and sat beside Mark who’s resting on the floor. “Thanks for your help.” he said, handing the cupcake to Mark. The elder held his hand and gently pulled him down. He got the cupcake and surprisingly broke it into half. “You worked hard. The staffs will surely like this.” Mark cheered before passing the other half to Jinyoung.

They rested there for some minutes; hands on top of each other’s thigh and heads resting against each other. These moments are just priceless.

 


Ken arrived at the office seeing that all the staffs are having a cupcake in their hands. With all his curiosity, he asked his assistant. Hyuk was talking to a staff named Hongbin when Ken called for him. Hyuk turned around and his boss saw that’s also a cupcake on his hands.

Since when did this company gave away cupcakes? Ken went closer to Hyuk. “What’s happening? ” he asked and his assistant just smiled before taking a bite on his cupcake. Everything’s getting weirder each passing second, especially when the board members walked by with the same cupcakes in their hands. Hyuk was chewing lightly and trying to speak but before he could…

 

"Ken!" a voice from behind called. Ken turned around and saw Jinyoung. The boy was brightly smiling, as if there’s no issue between the both of them. Both if his hands were at the back. He made a step closer and as usual, Ken kept his stiff facial expression. The tension was no joke.

"What? You’re gonna brag about the outcome of your floor plans? If that’s the case, I’m not thrilled to listen." Ken countered immediately.

Jinyoung widens his eyes and jutted his lips. He smiled wider and showed Ken a cupcake. “Here! For you. Mark and I baked them for the everyone.” he happily said. Ken was frozen. How can Jinyoung be so kind to him after all the words that he said? The other just anticipated for Ken to get it. Ken sighed. “I can buy a cupcake for myself. I don’t need that. And besides, it looks awful.”

"Just get it. It doesn’t happen everyday that someone will randomly give you a cupcake."

"I’m sure the both of you put a poison or something gross in there." Ken said and he tried to walk away but Jinyoung was insisting. He rushed in front of Ken with his puppy eyes.

“You want me to take a bite?” Jinyoung suggested. Ken raised his eyebrows and rolled his eyes.

“Whatever. ” He grabbed the cupcake from Jinyoung’s hand and went straight to his office.

“You’re welcome, Ken. Have a nice day ahead!” Jinyoung smiled to himself then Mark abruptly arrived behind him, chuckling alongside with the staff and other personnel. Jinyoung really is a ray of sunshine in this company. They thought. Mark wrapped an arm around his shoulder. “You lose. ” Jinyoung whispered. “I told you he’ll take it! No one could resist my puppy eyes, even Ken.” he added arrogantly and it made Mark laugh even more as they trudged towards Mark’s office.

 

Inside the elevator, Mark had the chance to reply. “I should’ve thought about that. So, what do you want as your reward? ” he asked as the elevator opened and they made few more steps towards Mark’s office. Jinyoung wasn’t thinking too hard. He knew what he exactly wanted. “Let’s watch a movie! Then we will eat some pizza at the park, walk around the city and we will get some coffee before going home.”

Mark smirked. A date it is. “That’s great. It’s my day off this coming Friday. We have to make this happen.”

“Promise? ” Jinyoung happily raised his pinky finger before Mark’s hand reaches the knob of his door. Mark let out a satisfied grin and intertwined his pinky with Jinyoung’s.

 “I promise.” And all of a sudden, Jinyoung’s soft lips landed on his cheeks. His lips are so soft. It felt good against his cheek. How much more if it’s already against his lips?! Still in shock, Mark was about to ask or maybe mumble something about the kiss. But then, Jinyoung already run away.

“N-Nyoung! ” he called, thoughts still jumbled.

“I’m going to the HR Department! ” his voice echoed.

 

 Surprise kisses are indeed the best.

 

 

Ken was tapping on the wooden table as he recalled how his past month was. Jinyoung and Mark have been getting all the sympathy and votes of the board members. Mark’s always been a threat ever since they’re young. But Jinyoung’s arrival brought more worries for him. He hated the fact that the lost son was found. He shouldn’t be there. He should be in other family’s house or somewhere in heaven. Their tandem is slowly ruining Ken’s plans. But until now, there’s a piece of him saying that there’s something wrong with the entire set-up.

“Hyuk! ” Ken called. He came in. “I want you to research about Jinyoung’s life before Mark found him.” Hyuk nodded and went out of the room immediately. Once it was back to Ken alone inside the office, reached for his mug and took a sip of his vanilla latte. Then his eyes suddenly landed on a small piece of treat located at the side of his table; the cupcake. Ken looked around. It was impossible not to take it from Jinyoung’s hand earlier. Chocolate chip cupcakes are just too tempting to ignore. Behind his rude attitude and stiff appearance, Ken is just a er for cupcakes.

 

 

 

Jinyoung trudged down the building and decided to get some coffee across the street before proceeding to the HR Department. He happily waved at the security guards of the building as he left the establishment. The sun was bright and the air was cool.  There was no traffic in any of the roads that they took that morning. Everything went according to how Jinyoung liked it. He was about to cross the almost empty road when he noticed that the coffee shop was closed. Sadly, he decided to go to the other coffee shop few blocks away from the building.

He was walking on the sidewalk, thinking about random stuff. Few minutes ago, it was Youngjae who’s lingering in his thoughts. He wondered if his brother was doing well at school but most probably, he is. Next, it was Ken. Ken has a soft side too. He said to himself. He recalled how Ken took the cupcake off his hand and went straight to his office. It was good to know that there can possibly be a very little chance for them to be friends. And finally, Mark.

Mark became close to his heart. He’s there when Jinyoung needed a hero. He’s there every time Jinyoung feels so empty. He serves as a constant reminder that whatever happens, he will stay right beside Jinyoung. But Jaebum acted that way too. He looked around and saw a café. He crossed the street and went inside the small store. The aroma of coffee was just enough to hype up his mood. The line towards the counter was quite long but Jinyoung waited patiently.

He decided to get an Iced Caramel Macchiato and 2 additional Cappuccinos for Mark and BamBam. The line moves every once in a while. After few minutes, he finally got the coffees that he was waiting for. He exited the café happily and prepared to go back to the building. He was just about to cross the road again when a familiar voice was heard. “Nyoung?”

He looked around. Yes, it’s Jaebum. Again.

 

Jinyoung faked a smile. “Oh, hi Jaebum.” His right hand, which holds the iced drink, was somewhat trembling while the left, holding the paper bag with two drinks inside, also started to sweat. Jaebum wasn’t fully smiling. After the incident at the supplies store, Jinyoung regretted the fact that he was such a coward in facing that matter. If he could just turn back time, he would act more appropriate or maybe if he could go back several years ago, he’ll tell his heart not to fall for his best friend in the future.

“Hey.” He smiled. There’s also a coffee tightly held in his hands. Jinyoung’s sure that it’s Caffe Americano. He remembered the days when the both of them spend their nights in a coffee shop near a famous park just to study for their midterms and finals. Good times. Good times. “How are you?” Jaebum added, moving closer to Jinyoung.

The younger promised that he’s not going to waste this chance. “I’m great! You?”

“Glad to know you’re doing fine. I’m fine as well. Are you busy today? I mean can we have a short talk?”

“Sure.”

 

Jaebum accompanied Jinyoung back to the company building. Normally, it would take a 10 minute walk but since they’re talking, the expected time would surely be doubled. “Sorry.” Jaebum said,  reaching for the paper bag on Jinyoung’s hand, offering to carry it.  Jinyoung halted from walking and looked at Jaebum with a very puzzled face. “Huh? For what?” Jinyoung answered with a laugh.

“For being a boring companion, I guess?” Jaebum replied with his signature smooth voice and soothing laugh. Jinyoung fell for those before.  

Jinyoung hit his arm playfully. It made him feel like they’re back in their college years. Walking home after a tiring day at school. Those were times when Jaebum used to be his world, when he’s completely fine; when nothing’s hurting. The younger male looked at his friend. “I’m happy to see you again.”

The elder just kept his head down and continued to walk. “Me too. I hope we can see each other more often.” And Jinyoung couldn’t agree more.

 

They remained silent after that. Their friendship is different. They don’t talk but their minds are speaking and shouting the same thoughts. It’s one of a kind. Good thing, everything that was once broken seemed to be mended.  Without saying, both of them are happy.

They stopped in front of the building and Jinyoung gently took the paper bag away from Jaebum’s hand. “I’ll go ahead. Thank you. See you around!” Jinyoung muttered with a subtle beam. Jaebum returned a smile and waved his hand. Jinyoung was about to completely enter the building when Jaebum called him again.

 

“Nyoung!” Jinyoung turned around, clueless. “Yeah?” he went back to where he was before; in front of Jaebum. His friend pulled him into a very tight hug; an embrace that Jinyoung craved for almost 3 years. It felt so good to be held in those arms again. Jinyoung placed the bag down and hugged Jaebum back.

“Dude, your perfume still smells like a cheap detergent.” Jinyoung whispered.

Jaebum rolled his eyes. “Shut up.”

 

 

BamBam went inside Mark’s office with a bunch of folders on hand. Mark almost fall out of his chair after seeing the amount of work that he’s about to face. “Bam, are you serious about these?” he asked, worried. His cute little assistant laughed and nodded. He sat in front of Mark’s table with a mischievous grin on his face. “You might want to hug them if you want.” He said, pointing to the huge pile of papers.

Mark wondered. “Hug the papers? Why?”

“I don’t know. Maybe you’ll get jealous after knowing that Jinyoung hyung and Jaebum were hugging each other like a married couple in front of the building.” And Bam left the office.

 

Mark’s jaw almost dropped. Jaebum’s with him again. Suddenly, the door opened. Jinyoung went in holding the coffee that he bought for Mark. The elder bitterly took a folder and ignored the coffee. “Hey, I bought this for you.” Jinyoung spoke softly, sitting on the chair that Bam used a while ago. Mark didn’t bother to look.

“You should’ve given that to Jaebum.” Mark insisted before standing up and walking towards his drawer.

Jinyoung chuckled. He followed Mark and while he was oblivious that the younger was behind,  Jinyoung pulled him into a hug; a back hug. Mark tried to escape but not when Jinyoung buried his face on the space between his neck and his shoulders. That act sent shivers all over his body. “Mind hugging me back?” he whispered and Mark turned around to hug him tight.

“Honestly, your hugs are way better compared to Jaebum’s. So if I were you, I won’t be jealous.” Jinyoung chimed.

Mark pouted. “I’m not jealous!” he protested with his voice toned up.

“Geez, I’m just kidding.”

 

 

 

 

A/N: YEYYYYYY! HAHAHAHAHA. HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! HAHAHAHAHA :) ANYWAY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATES. I'VE BEEN VERY BUSY SINCE IT'S HOLIDAY SEASON. AND I STILL HAVE A HANG OVER FROM KCON6. GUYS I SAW GOT7 LIVE AND I CANT FCKING MOVE ON OTL MARKJIN HAPPENED AND I ALMOST PASSED OUT BC THEY'RE TOO SWEET IN REAL LIFE. ISTG HAHAAHAHAHAHA JJP HAPPENED TOO. /IM ALSO A JJP SHIPPER./ THEY LOOK HOT IN PERSON ESP. JAEBUM. HE'S LIKE A WALKING OGRAPHY  AND BAMBAM.... HE FLASHED HIS ABS. YES HE DID. o<----< JINYOUNG LOOKS LIKE AND ANGEL AND YOUNGJAE....OH MY GOD. IM SPEECHLESS. HE'S FAULTLESS. OK I NEED TO CALM DOWN. THAT'S ALL FOR NOW :) THANKS GUYS :)) Stay safe! Love y'all! ☺♥

 

{!!!} follow me on twitter; @pjyxcyj ☺