-O2

Way Back Home

warning: typos 

Upon hearing Jinyoung’s answer, Mark felt like a huge torn was pulled out from his heart. With a satisfied grin, he launched his hand onto the other for a handshake and Jinyoung gladly took it. Their hands are still linked together as Mark stood up and gently tugged the younger. “Where are we going?” Jinyoung asked, confused. The events are going too fast and he must say that he’s still shocked by everything that’s happening.

Mark gazed at him. “We’ll be paying Mrs. Jang, get your brother and you need to get groomed. Shall we go now?” he calmly asked. And with a slow nod, Jinyoung stood up and followed Mark with the cheque in his hand. It was his first time to hold a large amount of money and honestly, he’s feeling uncomfortable about it. Mark on the other side knew how Jinyoung feels. Everything happened in less than 15 minutes. It was so sudden and he’s scared that Jinyoung might back out. But then again, he’ll understand the other.

They rode the same car that they used last night and Mark took the courage of buckling Jinyoung’s seatbelt because he can see that the boy was not yet in his full senses. The engine started and the car hit the roads. It was a gloomy day and Mark can see the dark clouds from the west, indicating a coming rain. He gazed at Jinyoung, who was blankly staring at the window with an anxious expression. He was biting his lips and toying with his fingers. “Jinyoung…” Mark called as they reached the highway.

Jinyoung snapped back to reality as he sat properly and tried his very best to smile at the elder, sending some kind of relief. “Yes?” he replied. Mark just smiled back and focused on his driving. He placed his right hand on Jinyoung’s shoulder for an assuring tap. For some reason, the younger felt better. It seems like Mark’s touches are somewhat relaxing. “Everything’s going to be fine. Trust me.” Mark guaranteed and Jinyoung wasn’t in the place to act grumpy so he smiled.

 

They arrived at the bank first. Mark left Jinyoung inside the car as he withdrew the money. After a short while, the man went back with a suitcase and started the engine back. Jinyoung would be lying if he said that he’s not terrified at that moment. Every passing second just brings more fear and worries. Lying isn’t his forte. But as we all know, lies can somehow make lives easier for some. In Mark’s case, he understand the fact that he just wanted to see his grandfather happy during his remaining years in this world but still, he feels bad.

“I know you want to ask something. Go ahead.” Mark, all of a sudden, blurted out as the noon traffic at a particular avenue trapped them in. Jinyoung took a deep breath as he stared at Mark. For the first time, he noticed how alluring the man looked with his hair pushed up. It was weird to say that after all the hours that they’ve spent earlier; he wasn’t able to notice it well, maybe because he’s too consumed and troubled with his own thoughts.  Mark anticipated. He can always wait especially if they traffic is getting worse. Talking with his new friend or better be called as his ‘new brother’ from now on, can ease the annoyance of this bumper to bumper situation.

Jinyoung scratched his nape. “I bet you’re really close to your grandfather.” He replied with a shy smile and Mark found it cute. He rarely liked other people’s smile but Jinyoung’s beam was just too cute to ignore at all. Mark jutted his bottom lip, staring at the blue car in front of them, his fingers drumming the edge of the stirring wheel.  He smiled. “Yes. He’s always there for me. He’s there when my parents aren’t around. I remember when he dropped a very important meeting to attend my high school graduation. He’s the man.” Mark spoke with a very calm and moderate voice that would capture anyone’s ears.

“But Mark, are you sure about this? I mean…the money. It’s a huge amount.” Jinyoung gulped and the cars in the avenue begun moving again.

“It’s a very small amount compared to the happiness that you can give to my family. And with that, thank you, Jinyoung. I owe you a lot.” Mark answered. Truly, a million isn’t a big amount for people as rich as the Tuans. And besides, the money that Mark used is from his own savings.

Jinyoung shook his head and Mark got confused.  “No. It’s me who needs to say thank you. ” he grinned. “Thank you, Mark. I owe you a lot more.” He added and they chuckled. Finally, Mark heard Jinyoung’s laugh after some hours of pure silence and worry-filled gazes.

 

 

 

“We’re here.” Jinyoung announced and Mark got of the car. Jinyoung was getting nervous as he went out and looked at Mark who was giving him a warm, uplifting beam. They trudged towards the house and Mark was the one who knocked. He pulled Jinyoung closer to him and decided that it’s better for the boy to stay at his back. Jinyoung silently stayed there. It’s quite awkward but he has to wipe it off. After a series of knocks, the door opened, revealing the old lady.

Jinyoung sneaked from the back and the lady saw him. Without any word, she scrunched her face and tried to attack Jinyoung. “PARK JINYOUNG!!! YOU LITTLE BRAT!!!” She yelled as Mark prevented the lady’s arms from hitting the terrified boy behind him. For a while, Jinyoung realized how Mark protected him from Mrs. Jang’s furry. Again, he was thankful.

Once the lady stopped, Jinyoung cleared his throat and stepped beside Mark. “I’m here to pay, Mrs. Jang.”

“Oh really? How much? A cent? Oh come on, Jinyoung!”

Jinyoung stayed still as Mark handed her the suit case. “Half a million. You’re not getting our land and my brother will no longer work for you. ” He commanded. The lady stood in marvel. It was so unbelievable that Jinyoung could pay him and talk to him in that way. She slowly opened the case with trembling hands, revealing the bundle of faultless bills neatly bedding against each other. Degraded and somehow embarrassed, Mrs. Jang looked away and called Jinyoung’s brother. “Youngjae!!! Come here!”

Mark handed her a pen and a paper that states that Jinyoung was already paid. She willingly singed the contract and flashed a smile at Mark after seeing how hot the younger boy was.. The old lady winked at Mark and Mark swore to all the coconut trees around the area that he almost puked. Jinyoung just laughed at the scene. “I hope we made everything clear, Mrs. Jang.” Mark managed to say. And the lady replied a low ‘yes’ before Youngjae showed up from the back.

Teary eyed, he looked at Jinyoung. “Hyung…” he called.

“Y-Youngjae…”

And the younger run towards his brother’s arms. They hugged so tight that no one could pull them away. Mark felt a bit of longing for his real brother. Mrs. Jang closed the door, leaving the three in the place. Youngjae begun crying on his brother’s shoulder as Jinyoung sobbed as well. For almost a year, Youngjae worked for Mrs. Jang. It was really a heartfelt moment to see them back together again. “I missed you, hyung! Let’s go home, please!” he mumbled as he pulled away.

“I missed you too, Youngjae-ah. Yes, yes…We’re going home.”

 

 

Back in the car, Mark decided that Youngjae and Jinyoung should stay at the back so they can talk more. For the first few minutes, their conversation was too quiet that only the two of them could hear. Mark never bothered to listen. He gave all the time and privacy that the two needed. Suddenly, Youngjae spoke. “Hi Mr. Mark Tuan, thank you so much. I know this is too much but can I ask you one more thing?”

Shocked, Jinyoung held the hand of his brother. Calling him out for his request. It was true, Mark gave too much and yes, they’re still a half a million left on the other case but another plead might drive Mark angry. Mark wondered and replied. “What is it?”

“Please take good care of Jinyoung hyung.” He smiled.

Mark beamed and viewed Jinyoung’s face from the mirror. Jinyoung was at the verge of crying. “I will, Youngjae.”

 

 

 

After few hours of travelling, they stopped on an upscale apartment at the center of Seoul. “This is your new home.” Mark declared looking at Youngjae. The younger lad stared at him with a very shocked expression. Maybe Mark was joking. Jinyoung thought because seriously, it’s too much. But Mark looks so serious despite of the subtle smile that he keeps on flashing. “M-Mr. Mark, a-a-are you…”

He handed the key to Youngjae. “This is yours, Youngjae. And starting on Monday, you’ll be studying in the university where your hyung finished. My assistant, Bambam, will go here tonight and settle some things for your admission.”

The other two remained silent as tears formed on Youngjae’s eyelids. If this was true, he’s more than willing to do anything to repay Mark. This is just more than what he needs. The school where his brother graduated is one of the top universities in the country and luckily, Jinyoung was a scholar back then. He immediately went towards Mark and hugged him. He hated the fact that he wasn’t too groomed like human at that moment. He’s wearing a dirty shirt and ripped jeans. Meeting this man really is a fortune. “Thank you so much, Mr. Mark. Thank you!”

Mark hugged him back like a real brother. He doesn’t know but he feels so comfortable with Youngjae. “Cut off the ‘Mr.’ , call me Mark hyung.”

“Okay, Mark hyung. Again, Thank you so much!”

 

 

 

Time flies. The next moment, Jinyoung was now back inside the car as they travel en-route to the city mall. It was quite tragic that Jinyoung has to leave his brother instantly, considering that they have a lot of catching up to do. But then he promised that he’ll visit frequently. Jinyoung was still trying to comprehend all the reasons behind Mark’s sudden kindness. It’s really strange because they just met yesterday and now, Mark was giving him and his brother all the needs that he can never give. Mark was calmly driving and it looks like he’s fine with it. “Mark, why do you have to do that?” Jinyoung asked.

Mark stopped on a familiar street as the red light appeared. “I’m doing this for you. Pretending to be someone else’s son isn’t that easy. And I just want to help you and Youngjae. He needs to study and who knows, maybe he can work in the Tuan Corporation in the future.” He said brightly as Jinyoung eyed him throughout the whole conversation. It’s impossible not to fall for the way that Mark talks. It’s mesmerizing. And Jinyoung somehow likes the way Mark juts his lips whenever he’s saying Youngjae’s name.

The light turned green. “Okay. But…Thank you. Thank you so much.” He said. His hand reached for Mark but Mark accidentally swatted it away because he needs to drive, making the other frown. But when Mark noticed his face, he reached from Jinyoung’s hand and gave it a light squeeze. “Your hand is soft. I can hold this forever.” Mark joked and laughed. And as soon as Mark released it, Jinyoung blushed badly.

 

 

 

They reached the mall. “Would you mind telling me more about your lost brother?” Jinyoung asked as they choose some clothes. Mark has one of his arms on Jinyoung’s shoulder and with that, he wonders why he tend to be so comfortable around Jinyoung. It’s a good thing though, at least he’s no longer awkward with his soon to be brother. He reached for a blue long-sleeved top placed it inside the basket.

“I already told you everything I know about him. Oh! My parents named him Jethro.” Mark said, getting another bunch of shirts and tossing them in.

“Mark, can I just use ‘Jinyoung’? I mean…I’m not used with the name. But only if it’s okay.” He asked. 

Mark looked at him and nodded while pushing off some bangs away from Jinyoung’s forehead, making the younger blush, again. “Yes, sure. I know they’ll respect all your decisions and wishes. Come on, get more clothes.”

 

 

It was around 8PM when they finally sat back inside their car. For the entire day, this car became their safe havens. All the clothes that they bought are now at the back of the car. Mark stared at how exhausted Jinyoung was. He was so tired that he rested his head on the car’s window. “Jinyoung, we’re going home. Are you ready?” he questioned. Jinyoung nodded with his eyes closed. “Yup. I’m just tired.”

But before Mark could answer, his phone rang. He picked it up and took the call. “Oh hey, Jackson.” Mark greeted and Jinyoung just stayed silent with his eyes still closed. “Okay, I’m with him right now. Thank you so much! I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye!” and he ended the call.

“Who’s that?”

“Jackson, my best friend. I asked him to…I asked him to do a fake copy of a DNA test.” And suddenly, a splash of guilt swallowed Jinyoung. He hated the fact that he has to fool people for money, but if he didn’t agreed, maybe their last land was now in Mrs.Jang’s hands and even his brother.

“Are we still far?” Jinyoung asked.

Mark shook his head. “No. We’re almost there.”

 

 

The Tuans’ residence isn’t just a simple house, it’s a mansion or maybe more like a palace.  There are lots of expensive cars parked on the garage, swimming pool, much maintained garden and more qualities that only rich families can provide. Jinyoung feels strange with every step good thing Mark was there to comfort him. The door opened, revealing the Tuan family, busy with different things, most probably about business.

“Hi Mark! How’s your day? Have you eaten?” Mark’s mom, Mrs. Minha asked as he hugged his son. Jinyoung nervously stood there.

“Mom, Can we all gather here now. I have to say something. ”

In less than a minute, all the members of the family settled in the living area and their worlds seemed to stop as they paused from their current recreations. Jinyoung noticed how they dress, how they act and how they do everything; its way too far from what he does. He wasn’t informed that he also needs to change his behaviour. There are less than 10 people in the area and Jinyoung can fully see Mark’s grandfather with a small book in his hand.

“Mom, Dad, Grandpa….I found him.”

Mark pulled Jinyoung from his back and for the first time in his life, Jinyoung felt the biggest thump in his heart. It was really a mixture of weird and scary feelings that captured him abruptly. He tried to smile and eyed each person; familiarizing himself with the faces. Mark pulled him closer. “He’s my lost brother. He’s Jethro.”

And the next scenes are images of them crying as they walk towards Jinyoung for a tight hug. Of course its part of the show when Jinyoung hugged them back. The tears of joy are just oozing from his ‘parents’ face. They believed. His grandfather smiled at Mark and stood up, walking towards Jinyoung to join the hug as well. “Thank you, Mark.” His father whispered between his sobs.

 

They gathered for dinner. They got introduced to each other and Jinyoung said that he’ll be more comfortable to use his name instead of ‘Jethro’, the family agreed. They’re all nice. Jinyoung thought. The night seemed endless for them as Mark’s family kept on asking him questions about his life. After a long time, Mark saw the family that he always liked; the lively and cheerful one. It was just nice to see them all in a very happy state.

 Sooner, they said that Jinyoung should sleep and they’re just going to continue their conversation the next day. Mark toured him around the mansion as the maids arranged his things inside his new room. A huge and very comfortable room where he can peacefully stay all day. It’s quite far from Mark’s room since it’s just their guestroom. After some shower and changing his clothes, Jinyoung was about to sleep. Mark went to his room with a glass of milk on his hands. He handed it to Jinyoung and sat on his bed.

“They’re so happy. Until now, mom’s still tearing up due to happiness. You made my family happy. Thank you.” Mark thanked as Jinyoung smirked, sipping onto the milk.

“It’s okay. I know they’ll take care of me. They’re nice, just like you.”

Mark chuckled and ruffled Jinyoung’s hair as he stood up. “I’ll see you tomorrow at breakfast. Good night, Jinyoung.”

“Good night, Marky.”

 

 

Maybe he'll prefer to be called as 'Marky' from now on.

 

 

 

 

an/ : so yeeeeeeeeah. it took me a week to update this. Hahaahhaha. Anywaaaaaaaay, thank you to the great support!!! I hope y'all still look forward from the next chaps. HAHAHAHAHA SO, THAT'S ALL FOR NOWWWW~ BYE GUYS! Stay safe! Love y'all :)) ♥