-O5

Way Back Home

might contain typos

 

Mark arrived home an hour earlier than the usual. After a tiring day filled with business analysis and future forecasting, finally he can spend time with his family and rest. He parked his car and went straight to their living room. Typically, he would see his father playing the piano since Jinyoung taught him some basic pieces. His mom would be singing in the kitchen while cooking a pork stew that Jinyoung taught her as well. And most probably, his grandfather would be playing an online chess game that also Jinyoung advised him to play. It was so obvious that Jinyoung’s presence made their lives better. Mark never thought that his family could be this happy. He’s thankful to have Jinyoung; not as a brother but as a friend.

But what Mark wasn’t expecting was to see his family in their aerobic outfits. They’re all wearing sweatpants and shirts with wristbands and turbans not to mention their running shoes. They are all focused on the television. This is weird. Mark thought. None of them ever tried exercising because all of them are too busy with their respective duties. He walked further and heard the banging pop music as their mom started imitating the moves that the animated character on the television does. Sooner, his father and his grandfather joined.

 

“Guys?” Mark called and all of them stopped from dancing. They turned around and met Mark’s confused gaze. “Hi Mark! Wanna join?” His grandfather asked, stretching his arms and jumping like 20 year old man. Mark raised a brow, completely not understanding all the events that are happening. He scratched his nape. “What are you doing?” he intrigued as the removed his coat.

His dad smiled and pointed at the box of some unfamiliar game disks. “Well, we are trying this thing called ‘Just Dance’. Jinyoung said that this is a good way of exercising” And when their mother pressed the play button, Mark seemed to be invisible and they began dancing again. It was really unbelievable that Jinyoung got them off their usual habits. He was smiling widely as he watched his family copy the steps and it appeared like none of the moves are copied perfectly. They look amusing. But suddenly, he recalled Jinyoung. The lad never called him since the morning; not even a single text. It was odd, but Mark got worried.

With his bag on his hand, Mark started ing his shirt as he trudged towards his room. Jinyoung’s room is still under renovation and yes, he was expecting to see the boy in his room.  There was a strange feeling lingering inside him whenever he’s thinking about Jinyoung. After all the days that they’ve been together, after all the conversation, all the automatic cuddling, Mark felt like he knew Jinyoung for a long time. It seems like their souls met before, in a different time and place. Before he knew, Mark was now standing in front of his room. He immediately turned the knob and saw Jinyoung, sprawled on the bed, his tummy against the sheets and face buried on the pillows.  “Jinyoung?” Mark mouthed in a very moderate voice, wondering if the boy was sleeping.

 

Jinyoung slowly curled and turned his body sideways to see Mark. With his elbow and his palm supporting his head he glanced at the other. “Hey Ma—OH MY GOD MARK WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!  WHY ARE YOU !?” Jinyoung shouted as he instantly brought his hands to cover his eyes. It’s not that he never saw a topless guy before but Mark’s body was different. Mark is different. The last image that he saw before covering his eyes were Mark’s toned abs and his glorious build up. He’s fit to be a model but not like an Abercrombie-type-model. He’s just perfect. The younger sat up, eyes closed and blushing. This is why sharing a room with Mark suddenly became a bad idea.

Mark went closer with his coat and shirt on his hands. He liked how Jinyoung got embarrassed with the sight. He liked how he reacted. It was so cute and considering the fact that they’re both men made him a little curious. “Okay, I’m now dressed. No need to cover your eyes.” Mark stated as he placed his bag on top of the nightstand and seated beside Jinyoung.

As said, Jinyoung removed his hands from his face and slowly opened his eyes just to see a still topless Mark sitting beside him; only a few inches away from each other. Jinyoung swore that he was about to scream without any concrete reason but he managed to contain his feels, or maybe not. “OH CHEESE! YOU SAID YOU WERE ---” and he was about to cover his eyes again, knowing that Mark just joked when Mark held his wrists and all of a sudden, he pinned Jinyoung on the bed. For short, he was now underneath Mark.

Jinyoung felt his heart rage, his cheeks became heated and he’s 200% sure that he’s blushing really deep. He widens his eyes but when Mark’s face went closer, he closed it again and faced sideways to avoid the other’s gaze. It was quite surprising that no hint of playfulness was seen on Mark’s face. He was calm and it looked like it’s a normal thing for him to pin a blushing man against the bed.  “Why are you freaking out? I believe this is not the first time that you’ve seen someone topless.” Mark calmly declared as he watched how the red hue on Jinyoung’s cheeks deepens.

It was not some kind of a sick joke. Mark wants to know the reason behind it and that’s all. Jinyoung was trembling. His body became stiff and his breathing became heavy. How can he breathe properly if someone’s on top of you? And he’s Mark Tuan. And he’s topless. Jinyoung gathered all his remaining courage and spoke.“ Get off me first. I might faint. Please, get off me.” he commanded in a very tired and nearly panting voice.

Mark obeyed and sat beside Jinyoung, letting go of his wrists. “I’m just shocked. That’s it. I’m sorry.” He shyly admitted as he calmed himself and stared back at Mark. Of course he needs to force himself to do this because Mark would surely think that he’s too weird. He scratched his head as Mark giggled and stood up, heading to the bathroom. The younger let out a sigh of relief as he lied back down. He placed his hand on top of his heart and felt how fast it was beating. He hated the fact that he just acted like a girl in front of Mark. It was embarrassing. Well, the awkwardness was just beyond words.

 

Sooner, Mark stepped out of the bathroom, fully clothed. He took a quick shower and saw Jinyoung sulking on the bed. He hanged his towel and walked towards the boy. “Any problem?” He intrigued.  The younger pushed the past event aside and tried to talk about the real issue. He bit his lips. “I’m sad, Mark. I don’t know why.” He mumbled.

“You want to see Youngjae?” Mark suggested.

Jinyoung grabbed a pillow and hugged it. “He’s busy right now. And besides, we just talked a while ago.”

Mark observed Jinyoung’s emotions. He was genuinely sad. Being sad for no clear reason really is a hard feeling. It was like figuring out how to do Math in an English exam. After a short while, Mark’s eyes lighten up. “Fix yourself, we’ll go somewhere.”

“You should rest. It’s getting late.”

“Since when did 7PM become late?”

 

End of conversation. Jinyoung stood up and went to the closet as Mark lay on the bed, hugging the same pillow that Jinyoung hugged earlier. It smells really good; a mixture of vanilla and citrus. He wonders how Jinyoung bring so much comfort in his life. He thought of maybe, having Jinyoung with him forever will make his life better. He tries to break down all the reasons why he suddenly prefers to see Jinyoung after a long day at work instead of having a cup of coffee that he has been drinking since he was 14.

All of his thoughts were interrupted with a familiar annoyed yet sweet voice. “Why are you smiling? You look weird.” Jinyoung said. He was now wearing a white sweated and his favourite faded jeans. Mark smiled and grabbed his phone. “Woah there. You even look weirder earlier. ” Jinyoung, again, blushed upon hearing his words. But before he could file his argument, Mark dragged him by the arm as they walked out of the room.

 

They reached the living room and saw how their family enjoyed dancing. “We’re just going somewhere.” Mark advised and after getting all the approval that they needs, they went inside the car and Mark begun driving towards the streets. Jinyoung sat on the passenger seat as he sadly view the street lights from outside. “Mark, where are we going?”

“Anywhere you want.”

“I don’t know where to go. Take me anywhere.”

 

And the car stopped at the park where they talked after their first encounter.  Mark smiled as he stepped out of the car. Jinyoung was clueless yet he still unbuckled his seatbelt and followed the other. They took few silent steps before Jinyoung finally broke the stillness. “Why are we here?” he intrigued, still walking behind Mark. All of a sudden, Mark grabbed his wrist and pulled him to his side. Mark wanted Jinyoung to stay by his side. It gives more comfort to have Jinyoung near him.

“You asked me to take you anywhere.” Mark said; his hand still on Jinyoung’s wrist. The younger was at the point of enjoying all the ownership that Mark was showing but then again, he recalled at being this clingy in a public place doesn’t look good especially if someone who knows the Tuans see them. People recognize them as brothers and it’s normal for siblings to perform that kind of action, but for Jinyoung it was too much. Mark handled him like the way he holds his favourite snow globe; full of care and affection.  He immediately pulled his arm and placed his hands inside his pocket. It was too obvious the Mark was surprised but he needs to act properly. After all, it’s for their sake.

Jinyoung stopped walking. “But it was your idea to go out.”

“I want you to relax. I want you to unwind.”

 

 

Jinyoung beamed as Mark finally wrapped an arm around his shoulders. That looks better; it’s manlier. No one bothered to talk. It seems like their smiles spoke for themselves.  Mark warm arm made Jinyoung feel fuzzy. It made him remember the past 4 nights when Mark cuddled him to sleep and most probably, he’ll do it again tonight. Mark has a very comforting aura and he really loves it. On the other side, Mark feels the same. The way the younger responded to his hugs, the way he blushes and all the things that he does; it’s all beautiful.

They sat onto a nearby bench. Good thing the place wasn’t so crowded since it’s already late. They can see couples passing by, kids, and even elderlies. The night was just perfect and Mark was hoping that it could help Jinyoung free his troubles. “What’s bothering you?” Mark gently asked as the watched the kids play few meters away from them.  “I’m sad without any reason. Call me weird but I really don’t know why.”

“I know how that feels. And usually, I take some time to breathe some fresh air every time that happens to me.” Mark replied. There was a sudden urge to make Jinyoung happy after seeing him frown earlier that night. It somehow saddened him too.  Jinyoung’s smile was so radiant that it could lighten up everyone’s day.

After a series of short conversations, Jinyoung decided to buy ice creams. Of course, Mark insisted to pay. They’re about to go home for dinner since their mom already called Mark and asked them to head home. Jinyoung was happily munching on his strawberry ice cream as they walked towards the car when something caught his attention. “Mark, look!” he cheered as he went to a particular spot not too far from the parking area.

 

Mark followed. “He’s so cute!” Jinyoung praised, carrying a cute little puppy on his arms. Mark never had a thing for dogs. It’s not that he hates them but he’s no busy to own one. The way Jinyoung carried the dog showed that he really like them. He was massaging its head and he even kissed it. “Mark, can we take him home?”

Mark gave a confused look. “But what if someone owns him?”

“We will return him to his owner if someone looked for him but if none, then he’ll be ours!”

The elder was at the verge of saying no but when Jinyoung showed his puppy eyes and pouting lips, Mark decided that there’s no way he’s saying no to this. How can Jinyoung be so adorable?! Mark rolled his eyes and nodded. “Fine. As long as he won’t poop on our bed.” And with that, he saw Jinyoung’s smile again. He can say that all the worry and sadness inside the younger was now released.  They walked back to the car as Jinyoung started playing with his new pet. As usual, Jinyoung settled on the passenger seat and placed the dog on his lap. There was no second that Jinyoung wouldn’t tell how cute the dog was. And Mark finds it sweet. He never thought Jinyoung could be that caring for animals.

 

Mark was silently driving. “Your name will be…Melon!” Jinyoung suddenly said to the dog that seemed to be too amazed by Mark because he’s always looking at the elder. Mark smirked. “No. His name is Majin.”

Jinyoung furrowed his brow. “Majin? Are you serious?” he asked in a very confused tone.

“Yup! Mark plus Jinyoung equals Majin! We are his parents!”

With that, Jinyoung blushed. The word ‘parents’ is just too much. It was like adopting a kid and standing up as their guardians for life.  And also, the word itself stands for commitment and as of this point, Jinyoung isn’t ready for anything. “B-but Melon sounds better…”

Mark giggled. ”I’m just kidding! Hey Melon, your mom’s getting too defensive!” Mark joked earning a slap on his arm. Mark must conclude that from that day onward, teasing Jinyoung will be included in his everyday to-do list just because he looks extra charming when he frowns and pouts and everything. “I’m defensive?! Oh Melon, your dad is a bit impulsive”

Mark gazed at Jinyoung. “So you’re okay with the fact that we are his parents?”

“Yes because you said that I’m his mom and it’s hard to be a single parent.”

The whole conversation made them laugh. It was these kinds of talks that Mark needs in his entire life. Being a dad of dog sounds good though, since Jinyoung’s the mom. It’ll be fun.

“Challenge accepted.”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N; HEY GUYSSSSS! HAHAHAHAHHA. SORRY FOR THE LATE UPPDATE! OTL I JUST SETTLED A LOT OF THINGS FOR THE PAST WEEK. HAHAHAHHAHAHA. BTW TOO MANY MARKJIN LAST WEEK I CANT EVEN *faints*  THEY'RE TOO PRECIOUS. HAHAHAHA. ANYWAY, THATS ALL FOR NOWWWW~~ STAY SAFE! LOVE Y'ALL!! ♥☺