-30 // final

Way Back Home

warning; unedited (lots and lots of typos), cursing and a long chapter a head. ;;

 

2 years gone by and people must admit that time hit their lives like a speed of light. Alterations, amendments and other acceptances were done by everyone.  It requires an extensive understanding, undying courage and a strong heart to continue what you’ve started several ages ago. But most of all, you have to accept that not everything stays the same as how it was, or how you once liked and wanted it to be.  Few matters may remain unchanged— but the withering, the sorrow, the unrequited affection and the yearning will all change your way of seeing and feeling. At the end, you just need to it up and appreciate that life goes through paths; questionable yet unpredicted ones.

 

 It was another frantic and nerve-wrecking day for each employee of the Tuan Corporation. Not that this case occurs once in a blue moon, but the undying rush and demand coming from the higher departments still brings a diverse urgency. They can never go wrong even within the littlest details, especially now that the company received a lot of requests coming from local and foreign investors. Maybe working under great pressure is a God-given ability that all their employees unequivocally apply since they’ve already knew how the flow of work that should be done. Their patience and hard work contributes a lot for the company’s progress.

 Youngjae calmly steps out of the finance department room and walked through the wide empty hallway with a bunch of folders piled on top of his thin arms whilst making his deep yet possible conclusions regarding the current changes in the place. It was somehow strange to be greeted by nothing but a breeze of cold air coming from the centralized air-conditioner. He can clearly see the other end of the hallway in which, during times like this when everyone is going crazy to beat the buzzling deadlines, can’t be fully seen due to the amount of employees running and rushing from one side of the building to another. He started walking a little more, making little steps as he tries to balance his movements. Calmly, the young man continued walking in a slow and steady pace. The area was silent and the only sounds heard were his footsteps.  All of a sudden, someone from behind bumped against his back, making him fall and resulting for all the papers to scatter around the place. Youngjae winced in pain as his waist landed badly on the cold tiled floor. 

“Oh! I’m so sorry, Youngjae!” A voice echoed and the younger was 200% sure that it was Jaebum. He looked up just to see an extended arm and his hand which particularly screams that it should be held. Not wanting to act too stiff, Youngjae clutched on his hand as Jaebum pulled him up. The elder wrapped an arm around Youngjae’s waist and gave him a worried look.  “I know its pure stupidity if I’m going to ask you if you’re okay because definitely, you’re not. It really was a bad fall which I think hurts a lot by now. But are you okay? Come on, I’ll take you to the clinic!” Jaebum offered and Youngjae was touched by his concern.

With a subtle grin, Youngjae replied. “I’m fine, Jaebum hyung.” Noticing that no one aside from the both of them was there, Jaebum took the chance and bent down to pick up the sheets lying across the ground. “You don’t have to do that, hyung! Let me pick them up.” Youngjae said in a hurry but he was stopped by the other. “Just stay there and try to feel if there’s something wrong with your waist.” He commanded. Youngjae was startled by his deeds, even with his words. He already knew Jaebum for a long time but no one warned him that Jaebum could be much more of a gentleman that he was before.

“I said I’m fine, hyung. There’s no need to worry. Would you let me help you now?” he asked.

Jaebum sighed and stood up, holding a messy stack of papers. “Sadly, no more papers are left for you to pick up.” Youngjae smiled and reached for some sheets, putting them into proper order and keeping them organized to avoid any problems. Once he’s done, Jaebum managed to speak. ”Let me carry these. Where are you going, by the way?”

“Are you sure?” he asked, Jaebum nodded vigorously while adjusting his grip on some folders.  “I’d drop by at the Audit department to give them the records.” He added as they started walking side by side.

Jaebum bobbed his head and a moment of pure tranquillity gave them enough time to shake the deadest corners of their brains for possible topics. “It’s quite weird to see a clear hallway during a hectic Friday morning.” Youngjae said, looking back and forth to observe the place. The elder made a peek on his wrist watch. ”You’ve been working here for almost a month now but you haven’t seen this place like this?” he intrigued the younger boy with a cheeky smile. “15 minutes after 9 in the morning. First 2 hours and 15 minutes of today’s shift. No one would come out of their stations at this time!”

“Except from you and me, obviously.”

 

Making a low chuckle, Jaebum answered. “Well, it’s my day-off today and I just came here to help my juniors back at the engineering department. I decided to roam around the building since some of the seniors were already having their eyes on the little ones.” Youngjae nodded in understanding. He wondered how easy Jaebum’s task is. He got appointed as the new head of the engineering department just a year ago but nothing much changed; he’s still the funny and witty guy that everyone admired. “And you, may I know why a newly hired junior accountant stays outside during working hours?” he used a serious yet chilling voice, giving Youngjae a plenty of shivers.

Youngjae widens his eyes and moved a little far from Jaebum. “I’m done with my work that’s why I’m taking them to the following department.” He replied slowly as they walked further. “Then you can do the remaining things that should be done this afternoon. It’s an art called ‘seizing every second of the day’ or just ‘carpe diem’. You should’ve gave them all these after everything is completely done.” The other almost complained and Youngjae felt bad for a while. He was like getting scolded by one of the company heads.

Stuttering, he spoke. “I’m done with all of my duties for today.” He confidently answered while observing how Jaebum slowly opens his mouth into a small ‘o’ shape in surprise. “You mean all? No more pending work?” the engineering head mumbled, moving closer to Youngjae. “Yup, you heard it right.” The younger said steadily.

“Woah! You finished all those within 2 hours! Totally not bad for a new comer. You’re even better than the vaeerans here.” Jaebum was still taken aback at how Youngjae managed to do all the crap in just a short period of time. He imagined the boy working in his station, having fun yet all focused and dedicated just like his brother. Just like how Jinyoung makes every complicated thing look simple. Jaebum unconsciously smiles at the thought of his best friend.  “Employee of the month candidate, aye?” the younger joked and nudged Jaebum’s elbow causing for the files of shake off and almost fall.

They both laughed at the act. Good thing it didn’t fell once again. It took a moment for all the moments to register in Jaebum’s brain. They were in the midst of laughing when the elder stopped to look at Youngjae and admired all the splendour that he gracefully wears. He observed how Youngjae’s eyes straighten into almost thin lines due to intense joy, how his lips formed into a curve; he saw perfection in every aspect and he must say, Youngjae is truly different from all the people that he met before. There’s something in him that makes him extra special. His heart caved in, feeling a tingly sensation in his stomach then knowing that this bond just turned into a different kind of attachment. Youngjae stopped laughing to give him a wide smile.  “Now I know why hyung fell for you before.” he stated with his eyes tinted with delight.

Jaebum smiled and balanced all the folders on one hand just to ruffle Youngjae’s hair with his free one. “Are you starting to fall for the same reasons?” he playfully asked.

Youngjae giggled and rolled his eyes. “It’s hard to fall for someone who clearly has no intentions of catching you at all.” There was a slight bitterness in his words but Jaebum took it an encouragement.

“I may not be that good in catching things but I’ll definitely catch you.” Jaebum offered in which gave the younger a plenty of reasons to feel his heart beat louder than the usual. Is this really happening? He asked himself. “But if I fall for you, will you be there to catch me too?” Jaebum asked, standing in front of the younger.

“I suppose you’re not too heavy.”

“I’ll take that as a ‘yes’.”

 

 

 

“Mark, a week without Jackson Wang in the advertising department won’t make this company slide down like an avalanche!” Jackson whined while following his best friend like a stray dog who’s craving for attention.  Mark laughs cockily every once in a while, probably because of another successful deal. They entered Mark’s office and the CEO just sat on his chair and threw his coat somewhere around. “But a week without Bam might cause some serious planning issues.” Mark wittily said, mocking his friend.

Jackson gave him a blank look. “You can get Woohyun or Howon as a substitute assistant! Come on, dude! Just…just let me get this trip!” he demanded almost like begging if Mark would be asked. It’s nice to see Jackson like this, all humble and sincere. No wonder, Bam changed him a lot.

“Give me 3 good reasons why I need to approve this trip that you’re saying.” Mark challenged, getting his phone and begun using casually.  Jackson frowned. He rolled his eyes and searched for the most appropriate things to say. He wanted to declare something cheesy but Mark would just laugh about it or worst, hit him with a thick binder.  “I’m waiting, Wang.” Mark teased, placing his legs on top of his table.

“Shut up, Tuan! I’m trying to think.” He replied. In a few seconds, Jackson smirked and pushed of his friend’s legs off the desk. “What the f—” Mark was about to spill it since he almost fall down his chair yet Jackson cut him off but throwing a pillow straight on his face.

“Listen up. These are my reasons. First, Bam needs to see his family. We all know how much he misses them, especially his mother. Second, he needs to unwind and relax. He needs to free himself from all the bull that the CEO refuses to do just because he’s a lazy- bastard at some point. And lastly, Bam would be happier!” Jackson proudly replied.

Mark raised a brow yet his eyes were fixed on his phone. “It’s all about Bam so what’s the use of you joining in this trip?” he questioned like an investigator on fire. Jackson blinked for numerous times. Hell yeah, it makes sense. Mark wanted to laugh his heart out at the sight of his panicking friend. “I want to see their country and experience the rich culture!”

“That’s all? Then it would still count as a normal vacation leave. You two can have split reservations and bookings. He can go first then your trip will be scheduled next month.” Mark instantly said, crashing all hope that Jackson hold on to. He knew that Jackson is not the type of person that would give up easily. He can always find a way. With a very determined look, Jackson sat up straight and exhaled. “Listen up, Mark. I need to get this trip with Bam. I want to spend more time with him! I want to meet his family and be comfortable with them. Just help me on this one! Please!”

Mark smirked. “Why should I help you?”

“I love him and believe it or not, I’m deeply in love with him. I never thought that I can love someone as much as I love Bam. Yes, I maybe that type of person who will sell my own pictures on Ebay due to whatsoever reasons but I’m so damn serious when it comes to Bam. Mark, I’m begging! I’ll do anything! I promise!”

“Anything?” Mark asked with a teasing tone. “Yes! Or maybe no. But Mark, please!”

The elder was about to say something when abruptly, Bam entered the office and asked Mark to head straight to the conference room for an emergency board meeting. Mark agreed and replied that he’ll follow after a few seconds. Jackson panicked right away; he needs Mark’s confirmation before anything else. “Hey! Dude, wait up!” he shouted, following Mark as he trudged towards the door. “I’ll do anything! Come on! Just say yes!” he added yet Mark ignored him.

Mark turned the knob and opened the door. He smiled and shoved his phone in front of Jackson’s face, showing a site of a famous airline company and a chart that has the reservation details. “Two plane tickets to Thailand, all expenses paid. Is that enough, Mr. Wang?” Mark smirked as he saw the sparkles in his best friend’s eyes. “Pick up the tickets at the airlines later. I’ll take a new MacBook Air and a Nike Air Max in exchange of my help.” He added and Jackson wasn’t able to say anything except from a tight hug. “Thank you so much! I’ll give you all the air that you want! You’re the best, buddy!” the Hong Kong native happily said.

Mark laughed. “I know right.”

                                          

 

 

Mark was lazily clicking the grey buttons of their remote as he searched for a nice TV show to watch. He heard the door creak and Jaebum’s voice was heard. “I’m home!” he yelled. It wasn’t too long for Mark to hear his mother’s footsteps. She was probably welcoming his youngest. Mark smiled to himself knowing that his family is still as intact as before. “You are supposed to be here at 6PM. It’s already 7PM! Is it traffic?” Mrs. Tuan asked, giving his son a glass of water. Jaebum was about to answer when Mark’s trickiness kicked in.  “He went out with Youngjae, mom. Looks like our youngest will get a boyfriend soon!” Mark said, smirking.

All of them laughed at a blushing Jaebum. The younger pouted his lips and scratched the back of his neck due to embarrassment. It didn’t take too long for Mrs. Tuan to ask everyone to take their seats at the dining area and start their dinner. Mark agreed to bring out the plates.  Once everybody is settled, he placed a plate in front of them. He was holding a total of 6 plates. One for him, for his mother, brother, father and grandfather. But he ended up placing another one of a vacant seat beside him. His father noticed it right away and gave his wife a worried look. “Mark…” he said.

“Yes dad?” Mark asked. He seems to be oblivious about it. Jaebum stared at him and pointed at the unattended plate.  “Hyung, it’s been 2 years since –”

The thing is, Mark’s been doing this frequently for the past two years. He would always set another plate beside him; where Jinyoung normally sits before all the mess came in.  It’s nothing serious, though. But his family can see the yearning within Mark’s actions which hurts them too.  Mark stood up and instantly grabbed the plate. He bit his lips and ignored the painful feeling in his chest. “I…I’m sorry.  I’m pretty distracted today. I’ll put it back in the kitchen.” Mark left the area and came back after few seconds. They started eating and talked like nothing happened.

“It’s your birthday tomorrow, Mark hyung! Any plans?” Jaebum asked and his family anticipated for a reply.

Mark looked down to observe the mess on his plate. He weakly smiled. “I don’t know. I don’t feel like celebrating it this year. Maybe we’ll just eat in a first class restaurant downtown. I’ll make the reservations later.” He responded dryly yet he tries to smile. “We all know that you’re stressed, Mark. There’s no need for you to pressure yourself with petty things, okay?” his grandfather said and Mark nodded.

“Anyway, I have a good news. Dad’s condition is getting better!” Mark’s father happily said just to lift the gloomy atmosphere. The news instantly brought huge smiles on their faces. “Yes, the doctor said that the cancer cells are decreasing! Few more chemo sessions and I’m finally cancer free.” The old man proudly added. Mark can’t get any happier. Well, this is how life goes. You can expect the worst yet the best will still come.

 

 

30 minutes before the clock strikes 12 midnight, Mark closed his laptop and decided to put an end in this busy day. He’s been swamped in a pool of work in the office and being the great CEO he is, he still finished some untouched work at home despite the fact that it’s his birthday within few hours. The board members once offered that he should take a break from all the activities and have plenty of time in his special day but Mark declined. He was still in the period of adjustment. Like what his grandfather said before, the first 5 years of being a CEO were the hardest perhaps. It is when he would face challenges and obstacles, changes and huge comparisons but at the end, he needs to keep his hopes up and strive for the company’s own good.

Mark rested on his bed, stretching his limbs on their extent and hearing those clicking sounds from his joints, in which feels ridiculously great. He stared at the blank ceiling of his room and imagined how his life was years ago. He was happy. He can do anything that his poor little heart desires. He has all the freedom that he wants.

He has Jinyoung by his side

 

He felt desiccated. Surviving a day without Jinyoung was never easy. Nobody said it was easy. He wanted to blame the person who started this separation thingy. It was indeed insane that he’s questioning something or even someone that’s clearly out for his control. But at the end, separation wasn’t invented. It’s not made in factories, not constructed on sidewalks or can be downloaded from the internet. Separation is a natural response to an urgent need; either on the positive or negative side. It took him plenty of months to realize that one of his greatest fears was departing with someone that he loves. Not that he’s the only one who has this kind of dilemma, but Mark feels like his own longing already reached a different stage. There were these times when Mark considers the idea of following Jinyoung, but something will pop out to pull him back and throw him hard on where he should be. It feels wholly terrible.

He misses Jinyoung more than he could ever miss someone else in this world. Mark grabbed a picture of his beloved, framed and placed beside the lamp. He stared at his image for a couple of seconds before he started reminiscing all the moments that he can never forget. At the same time, Mark recalled all the bittersweet details of their relationship. He wished he could still hear Jinyoung’s rants whenever Mark keeps on watching NBA playoffs instead of Jinyoung’s favourite TV show. He missed how the younger would ignore him for the entire day when Mark wins in their favourite PlayStation game. Those nights when Jinyoung would break down and cry after those tiring and restless arguments— in which Mark would hug him tight and never let go of him until the morning after. Those annoying gestures that Jinyoung does, Mark wished that Jinyoung can just show up and annoy him for the rest of his life because that’s extremely better than nothing.

Mark closed his eyes and sighed, putting the picture on his chest and embracing the small item securely in his toned arms. The alluring light of the moonlight reflects on his limbs and Mark can’t get any lonelier. With a heavy heart, he gave a last glance on Jinyoung’s picture and smiled. “Damn it. I miss you so bad.” Mark whispered, a tear running down his pale cheek. He wiped it off after hearing the clock rang; a sign that it’s already 12 in the midnight.

Happy birthday to me. Mark said to himself before shifting into a better position, placing the picture beside him and hugging a blue colored body pillow. Gently, Mark closed his eyes. This has been his routine for years; sleeping with that aching feeling inside him and hoping that by the coming break of dawn, it will no longer hurt. Suddenly, the door has begun creaking, followed by light footsteps that faded sooner. Mark remained still since there was nothing too special to expect. Maybe it’s just his mom or his dad, coming in to greet him first. Maybe his little brother, barrowing one of his comic books. Seriously, there’s nothing to budge about so he ignored he rustling sounds. He kept his eyes closed and anticipated for sleepiness to take over his cognisant being.

 

“Wake up, sleepyhead! It’s your birthday!”

 

Mark’s eyes shot open wide. That voice. His heart raced badly and he lets go of the pillow that he was clutching on, fingers of his free hand clenching into a tight balled fist before stretching them out longingly. It took him a few moments to regain his thoughts, mentally slapping himself before trying out a physical one. Making a tap on his cheek, Mark remained in a position where his back is facing the person behind him. There was this sudden weakness— a good one, though. It made him feel boneless and pumped up. Odd and simply unbelievable. Mark collected himself before feeling a strong kick against his back, a spot near his to be exact.

“Just turn around! I’m really here and you’re not dreaming.” The other said. Mark remained still, smiling widely as his heart flutters with joy. But right after getting the fuzzy feeling right in his physique, another kick was launched, landing on the same area as earlier. “See? I kicked you twice already. Get up before I leave because it seems like you’re too sleepy to see your own boyfriend.”

With that, Mark swiftly sat up and faced the person that he loves. “Jinyoungie!” He shouted with an extremely huge smile, all his teeth were shown and they seemed to fall off because of Mark’s happiness. Jinyoung smiled back and Mark pushed off the sheets away as he planned to stand up but only got interrupted by a stinging pain on his back. “Ouch.” He mumbled, Jinyoung laughed and scooted near his man. He sat beside him and stared at Mark with those same warm brown orbs. Not wasting any time, Mark pulled Jinyoung closer for a tight hug. His arms were firm around Jinyoung, holding him silently.

“Happy birthday, Mark.” Jinyoung whispered, enjoying the feeling of being handled with such care and gentleness. He was hugging Mark as well, a hand rubbing the elder’s back and another one ruffling his thick brown hair. He rested his chin in a cozy nook between Mark’s neck and shoulders. He can hear sniffs and light whines. Jinyoung escaped a little from the hold and checked Mark’s condition. “What’s the matter?” anxious, he asked upon seeing tiny droplets of water dripping out of his eyes.

Mark used the back of his hands to wipe it off and maintained a manly attitude, which made Jinyoung laugh. “I’m just happy that you’re here.” Mark said, cupping Jinyoung’s cheeks and rubbing the tip of their noses together. “”I missed you so much!” he added and Jinyoung replied with a low ‘I miss you too’ while his arms s around Mark’s hips, tugging the elder closer.

“Now, I came into a realization that sending you off for that Japan project was the worst decision that I’ve even made! I should’ve sent Jeno because….duh! He’s not you and I’m not going to miss him! Not even a bit. Not at all!” Mark ranted. Jinyoung wasn’t able to catch everything since he was so focused on Mark’s changing expressions. He was so amused and he can’t get any happier just by doing it.

After the accident, Jinyoung recovered in a short period of time. He accepted the job of being a project head in a new project under Tuan Corporation and Enomoto Incorporated. For 2 years, Jinyoung lived in Japan. Not having a chance to go back in Seoul during special occasions like Youngjae’s graduation. His only way of communicating with all that he felt back were through calls, facetime and Skype. But he rarely got the chance to inform them about his life in Japan because his work was just truly overwhelming. Jinyoung rolled his eyes and stuck his tongue out. “Two years wasn’t that long, though.” He dryly replied.

“Seriously!?” the distance of their faces lessens as Mark goes a little closer to his beloved with a challenging expression. Jinyoung smiled and allowed Mark to take over him. Mark brings his lips near Jinyoung’s and with a split second, their lips were firmly yet sweetly pressed against each other. It wasn’t like all those thousand kisses that they’ve done. This one is pure and overflowing with yearning. Jinyoung smiles between the kiss; a thing that he usually does. Mark did the same, yet his lips became a heated and he begun to deepen the lip lock. As much as Jinyoung enjoyed the sudden dominance of his partner, he has to stop everything. “Mark, we can’t.” he said after pulling away. Sadly, Jinyoung stared at his lap. “Not now. I’m sorry.” He added, knowing that this would lead into something steamy and yeah…ual.

Mark pouted cutely. “Why?”

“Mr. Enomoto only gave me two days. I need to go back tomorrow afternoon since the substitute architect can only fill in for 20 hours.” Jinyoung apologetically explained, hoping that Mark would understand. “I spent the entire day in the plane and in the office, getting all the minimal work done. My phone is on airplane mode that’s why you can’t contact me at all. I’m so damn tired yet I’m so happy that I made it here just right in time!” Mark nodded in understanding before looking back at Jinyoung with the same considerate and caring expression. A free hand landed on top of Jinyoung’s head as Mark fixed the younger’s hair. “You’re working so hard, baby.” Mark muttered as his lover nodded. “Extra hard, for your information.”

 

All of a sudden, the elder stood up and raced off to the nearest closet to grab a backpack and some clothes. Jinyoung watched him vigilantly, not making any statement about Mark’s questionable moves. He kept on stuffing garments, wrinkled and somehow crumpled ones, right inside the bag. Jinyoung smiled once Mark settled back on the bed with the bag hanged comfortable around his perfectly sculpted shoulders. Mark reached out his hand and Jinyoung, being a total princess in this particular story, held onto it gently. “Let’s go somewhere.” Mark ordered, yanking Jinyoung’s hand to pull him off the bed.

Jinyoung widens his eyes in confusion. “Huh? At this time?” Mark shots a quick look at the clock. 12:27. Right. He says at the back of his mind. “And where are we going?” Jinyoung questioned impatiently, not that he wants to drop Mark’s offer but it’s already late and only clubs are open at this time of the day. Putting a full trust on Mark, Jinyoung did stood up right away, lazily relying on his tired limbs and crashing onto Mark’s warmth. “Aight. Let’s get going.” He said.

“I know you’re gonna say that.” And they walked out of the room, hands clasped together and hearts happily beating in a strangely admirable rhythm.

 

There was no trouble in excusing themselves from the place since his parents freely allowed the boys to leave and spend more quality time. And yes, they’re no longer kids who require parental permission in order to dash onto their favourite hang-out spot. They rode the car and drove through the dark roads illuminated by the blinding hues coming from the tall light posts beside the avenue. Jinyoung had to close his eyes for a while. He needs to rest and Mark has nothing against it. Apparently, he felt guilty for dragging Jinyoung out instead of allowing him to have a plenty of sleep back at home. Feeling a light pang on his chest, Mark reached for Jinyoung’s hand and intertwined their fingers. “Are we there yet?” Jinyoung sleepily asked followed by a long yawn which made Mark chuckle. That was really cute.

“Still quite far.” He replied calmly, driving into the tranquil streets that Jinyoung doesn’t seem to be familiar with. “Rest a bit more. I’ll wake you up once we’re there.”  And Jinyoung followed.

 

 

Jinyoung woke up after feeling the rocky pavement against their car. The motions made his head bump against the window and it felt really painful. He rubbed his eyes and Mark doesn’t seem to stop him now from doing his mannerism since he’s too focused on parking the car right at the spot that he likes. Jinyoung turned to him as the engines die down. “Finally.” He whispered.

“Oh! You’re awake!” Mark said, somehow surprised. He reached for Jinyoung;s seatbelt and unbuckled it with care. The younger’s movements were slow, Mark completely understands. He assisted the man out of the car and right into the small cabin that was located few meters away from the parking area. As Jinyoung looked around, he realized that this place his somehow familiar. “What are we doing here?” he asked after seeing a huge sign of ‘Tuan Resort—Incheon’ at the lobby. Jinyoung hooks an arm around Mark’s to prevent himself from falling. “We’ll be spending the night here.” Mark said naturally.

“We should’ve stayed at home. But since it’s your birthday and I missed you so much, I’ll act like I’m 101% in favor of this.” Jinyoung entered the room and sprawled on the huge white bed right away; chest against the soft sheets. He can hear Mark chuckling and placing certain things on where they’re supposed to be placed. With his eyes closed, Jinyoung buries his troubles within the inviting comfort that a nice and fluffy bed gave. He was planning to take a short nap but Mark planned something a head, Jinyoung’s quite certain about it. It happened; Mark flipped him over as his back bounced back. He whined. “I can turn around by myself. There’s no need to flip me over like an infant.” Jinyoung nagged with his cute and obviously drowsy voice. Mark smiled at the sight— Jinyoung’s eyes were closed and his lips were lightly pursed. His maroon shirt was lifted and it displays a small patch of skin around Jinyoung’s slender waist. There was a sneak peak of his boxers too since his jeans was a bit pulled down.  “Are you just going to stare?” Jinyoung asked all of a sudden, alarming a puzzled and lost Mark to get back in his normal senses. 

 

“What should I do, then?” Mark playfully asked as he removed his shirt and stood half in front of Jinyoung. He smirked as watched how Jinyoung tensed up with his sight glued on Mark’s toned abdomen. Fighting the strange urge of pulling Mark closer, Jinyoung took a deep breath and closed his eyes once again, showing Mark that he’s not interested. “I don’t know. Sleeping beside me sounds good but it’s up to you.” Jinyoung snorted, turning to his side and curling like a kitten in cold.

Amused and delighted by the low-key teasing, Mark pushed his jeans down. He felt thankful that he wore a nice pair of boxer shorts that night at least there’s no way he could feel embarrassed. He poked Jinyoung’s thigh. “But I don’t want to sleep. I want to do something else.” He whined like a five year old. Jinyoung cringed his nose and opened his eyes seeing an almost Mark Tuan. “I know how much you want me right now since we haven’t touched each other for two years but I’m so tired.”Jinyoung protested confidently.

Mark remained silent.. He reached for Jinyoung’s shirt just to remove it off his body. “Mark…I said –” Jinyoung made a muffled statement as he tried to fight the sleepiness lingering in every part of his brain. He was hushed up when he felt Mark his pants and flawlessly pull the tight material down. He jolted up as the shivers coming from the cold air made him realize that he’s almost out of garments. Eyes wide open, he looked at a laughing Mark. “Okay…Okay. Just one round, Mark Tuan.” He firmly said.

“Huh? I thought you’re tired?!”

“Isn’t this exactly what you want? Come on before I lose my hype and feel lifeless as again.”

 

The elder grinned, a decent and bright one. He went closer to Jinyoung and carried him off the bed. Jinyoung yelped in shock as Mark s his arms around his body and held him tightly against his own. Jinyoung wasn’t in the place to protest in the first place. He thought that Mark will start this way but he was taken aback when his boyfriend begun walking out of the room. He tried to think about it at first but there’s no concrete reason on why Mark decided to march out of the place. He has plans. His odd plans. Jinyoung sighed in realization and gave up on his reasoning. He just enjoyed the warmth of Mark’s body against his and closed his eyes as he tries to keep up with the building fatigue in his body.

Mark walked further and stopped at the certain place. Jinyoung turned around a little to see what’s before them. A pool. Jinyoung shook his head and rested back on the crook of Mark’s sweaty neck. “Not in the mood to swim either.” He commented. Mark smiled, not letting go of Jinyoung when he dipped his feet on the warm water. Jinyoung was oblivious that the water was about reach his skin in no time so it was completely shocking when his skin felt the soothing sensation.

Still carried by Mark, Jinyoung adjusted his grip and wrapped it around Mark’s shoulder, his thighs pressing against his hips. His face was against Mark’s neck and he can smell the faint fragrance of baby cologne. Mark goes a level deeper; he sat on the concrete stairs of the pool and allowed the water to reach their chests. “Warm water can help you relax.” He said, rubbing Jinyoung’s back.

“I’m expecting to feel better in a few minutes.” Jinyoung comfortably sits on Mark’s lap, clinging like a koala and not wanting to let go. Mark smiled although Jinyoung wasn’t able to see it. Their hearts beat in unison; fast and loud. Mark kept those gentle hands on Jinyoung, making subtle touches. Jinyoung can feel the huge relief in his current state. The warmth of the water is enough to calm his muscles and the warmth that Mark provides can send him straight to slumber and add up a best dream as a bonus. His lips were gracing across the soft skin of Mark’s neck, the same skin that he used to ravish before. There was this distinct need, of course, but this time Jinyoung demands a different kind of affection; smooth, innocent and painless one.

 

Mark silently loved the moment; handling his precious one in his arms and letting him release all his stress away. Their bodies were wet and warm. It was a brand new way of feeling each other since they’ve never done this before. The resort was already closed and Mark, being the CEO of the Tuan Corporation, asked the managers to open up the place and reserve a simple room for two. Jinyoung’s breaths were steady; Mark felt it against his neck. The cool air from the younger’s nose brazes his exposed, partly wet neck. “Nyoung, are you sleeping?” he lowly asked, feeling Jinyoung’s hold all loosen up. The younger shook his head and snuggled closer in which he could say that he’s near Mark’s pulse point. “Is it appropriate to sleep in a pool?” he mindlessly asked.

“I got you. Just do anything that makes you feel better.”

Jinyoung swore that he wanted to hit Mark for those words because first and foremost, he’ll surely feel better if they stay inside their room and rest. But he kicked that awful thought away and giggled. “Take the bed here in pool and I’ll sleep my off.” He replied, eyes shut. Mark isn’t the type that would take this thing seriously, so he rode the currents and cackled. It was so sudden that he would stop at the middle of their hearty chuckles just to think that he might not be able to genuinely laugh if Jinyoung wasn’t there beside him. The whole idea of it was electrifying in a pleasant way of course.  Jinyoung stopped as well and the rest was pure silence.

 

Mark exhaled and rubbed Jinyoung’s back. He felt the younger’s lips widen and it intrigued him a lot. “Why are you smiling?” he asked Jinyoung.

Still having that wide beam, he answered. “I never expected that we’ll come this far.”

“Well, believe it or not, we did.” Mark was just as happy as Jinyoung right now, or even happier. He backtracks all the memories, good or bad, that they’ve been through. It made his heart clench simply because a huge wave of nostalgia hit him hard. The changes were openly seen— the developments, adjustments and other necessary matters that they both coped with.  “I’m thankful that you stayed beside me despite the fact that I’m a massive black hole at certain times.” Mark added, leaning gently on Jinyoung.

The younger chuckled and kissed a sensitive part in Mark’s neck. “Same here. I appreciate everything that you’ve done for my family, for us, for me.” The other remained silent as his heart overflows with joy. Words will never be enough to express what he’s feeling. He felt this for too many times and still, he knew that nothing will come off his mouth yet he sighed and admired the clear water before him.

“If you can turn back time, would you like to change anything?” Jinyoung abruptly asked.

Mark was confident as ever. Now this can be answered perfectly. “There’s nothing for me change, Jinyoung. Every single detail of the past made me a better person.” Jinyoung nodded, lifted his head from Mark’s numb shoulder and looked at Mark straight. “Don’t send me off at the airport tomorrow. I don’t want to see you cry.” He explained, cupping Mark’s cheeks.

Rolling his eyes , Mark was able to fire back. “You don’t want to see me cry or you don’t want me to see you cry?” he asked with his annoying voice. Smirking, Mark looked at a blushing Jinyoung. At that point he realized that the scenario wasn’t helping at all. Both of them were half , soaked in a warm pool, Jinyoung sitting on his lap and other minimal yet relevant details that made his adrenaline zoom. He tries to keep his together because he doesn’t want to kill the vibe after all.

“You’re the cry baby in this story, young man.” Jinyoung teased as he pinched Mark’s nose and rested back on Mark’s shoulder. Jinyoung’s weight crashed within him once again. Mark was just speechless by now. He can never let go of Jinyoung. Never. “Let’s go back. The water’s getting cold already and I badly need to rest. I’m tired as .” Jinyoung said, ignoring the fact that he’s cursing shamelessly. He usually does that when his brain was already clouded, just like now.

 

Mark took his words in, but there is something that his heart has to shout out. “I’ve been in my worst episodes. I’ve lived up my happiest days. I’ve seen how things gradually change— how the sun bids goodbye to make way for the moon’s coming, how the IPhones evolved in a way that I’ll never understand, how people arrive, mark you up with stamps as if you’re a passport and leave your life with or without proper farewell when it’s about time. Life has so much to offer. It can take us anywhere, turn us into someone, and make us live a hell of a life whenever it has a chance. But at the end of the day…no matter how exhausting and appalling the journey was, whenever I listen closely to my heart, it leads me to a state where all the obnoxious feelings will suddenly fade and be replaced with joy and love. It leads me straight back home— it leads me to you.”

Jinyoung flashed the brightest smile that he could make at the moment. “Maybe I should convince your dad that you’re born to be an author and not a CEO of a huge company.”

“A script writer sounds better, though.” Mark protested.

Jinyoung scratched his nape. “Whatever.” And Mark placed a playful kiss on his pursed lips before showering him with butterfly pecks all over his face. “I don’t need kisses right now Mark, I need a decent sleep so please—”

“Feeling better now?” Mark asked, stepping out of the pool and walking back to the room with water dripping from their bodies. He was still carrying Jinyoung although his arms were close to giving up. Jinyoung nodded. “Yeah. A bit relieved.” He replied.

Mark smiled to himself. He placed his lips closer on Jinyoung's  ears.“So can we go for a round?” he whispered.

“What the hell, Mark?!"

“Hey! I’m just kidding!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

an: HEY THERE U BEAUTIFUL THING! HAHA! THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER OF WAY BACK HOME. YEY. HAHAHHAHAHAHA BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE, IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR ALMOST 3 WEEKS SINCE I'VE BEEN VERY VERY VEEEEERY BUSY BECAUSE SCHOOL IS ABOUT TO START IN FEW DAYS. *sobs* EVEN MY SNS ACCS ARE ON HIATUS HAHA. AND YES... I WANT TO THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR SUPPORTING THIS FIC. I'M SO HAPPY AND TRULY GRATEFUL TO HAVE AWESOME READERS LIKE Y'ALL ♥ THANKS FOR WAITING, FOR KEEPING UP WITH MY ENDLESS TYPOS AND FOR SPENDING SOME TIME IN READING THE UPDATES. FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, THANK YOU SO MUCH ☺ I'LL BE BACK SOON! I PROMISE :--)  MARKJIN FOREVERRRRR!! HAHAHAHA TILL NEXT TIME! STAY SAFE! LOVE Y'ALL!!! ♥☺ 

                                                                                                                                                                                                          --- Lia ☺ // fapbapfap