-1O

Way Back Home

warning: swearing and typos lol

 

"Where’s Mark? " Ken asked their grandfather as he entered the president’s office. Mr. Tuan was reading a book about economics at that moment. "He’s going to L.A. for his 2 day vacation." he answered without removing his focus on the book.

Ken smirked. “He’s with Jinyoung?” the old man nodded. Ken sat on a chair in front of his grandfather’s table. “Did you know that Mark was spending too much during the past month?”

Their grandfather closed the book and stared at Ken. “Let him do whatever he wants.”

"I just don’t think it’s appropriate to withdrew a large amount of money in just one go."

"Maybe he bought a new laptop since he once mentioned that his laptop was being crappy for the past months."

Ken nodded. He stood up, ready to leave. “I just can’t count all the laptops that you can buy after getting a million fresh from the bank vault.” he grinned. Mr. Tuan’s reaction was really hard to understand. He’s confused. “A million?”

"Yup. A million from his own bank account." he turned the knob. "Maybe Jinyoung knows some details about it since Mark got the money before taking his ‘brother ’ home and introducing to us all." Ken added and he left the room feeling accomplished with that same sly smirk.

 

 

 

 

A series of knocks broke the silence inside Jinyoung ‘s room. He was nervously scanning his things for the 5th time that morning before finally going downstairs and declare that he’s good to go. He was too anxious about everything. Well, this was his first time to travel out of the country so being quite paranoid was greatly understandable. He stood up and kicked the large blue luggage out of his way. The boy lazily headed towards the door and turned the knob.

"Hey!" Mark greeted. He was smiling, as always. Jinyoung rolled his eyes and left the door open as he allowed Mark to come in. He was on the way back to his bed when he heard a low yet somehow intimidating laugh from behind. He looked back. "Why are you laughing?" he asked, frowning.

 

The room was never this messy. His things, including his multi-colored underwears, were scattered around the area and Jinyoung himself looks too worn out to pick them up. Mark tried his best not to laugh again. “I bet you need some help with packing your things.” he said while looking around to avoid Jinyoung’s angry stare.

"Yeah." Jinyoung sighed. He picked up some shirts and tossed them back on the bed, making the floor clean so Mark can walk freely. The elder helped him. He did the same and took the neglected pants and shorts before landing them on the bed. When the place was clean enough for their liking, they sat side by side on the floor. "What should I bring? "

Mark took the luggage and zipped it back gently. “We’ll be staying there for 2 nights. We have a house in L.A. and there’s where we will stay. You can use my clothes, so I suggest that you should only bring the important ones like undies and few more stuff.” He stood up and pushed the luggage in a far corner of the room. Jinyoung started looking for his needed things in a mountain of wrinkled clothes. “Just use a big bagpack. ” he added.

"Are you sure you’re going to let me use your clothes?" Jinyoung was already able to use some of Mark’s tees for the past months, but he’s still wondering if Mark would allow him now since L.A. is a different place filled with different people and upholds a different atmosphere.

"Of course. Have I told you that you look really hot when you’re wearing my oversized shirts?!"

Jinyoung stopped from looking for his pyjamas. “What was that?” he intrigued, sending Mark into a panic stage.

"I said you can use them, even the oversized shirts." he gulped hard. He wanted to leave the room immediately and hide the sheer blush that’s creeping up his cheeks. Jinyoung just nodded and went back to his things. "I’ll see you downstairs in an hour." he advised before walking towards the door.

Jinyoung stood up and searched for more clothes. “Sure. Thank you!” and Mark went out completely. Upon hearing the door locks click, Jinyoung dived over the huge mount of garments and let out a sigh. He never imagined that travelling could be that stressful. It made him think how Mark managed to keep doing the same thing for years. He seemed too comfortable with everything. He’s amazing.

Jinyoung sat up and gathered himself together. There’s only one thing to do right now; pack his things up as fast as he could or else Mark will leave him. The boy placed a couple of boxer shorts inside his bag. “As if I wasn’t able to hear him say that I’m hot.” he whispered to himself with a smirk.

 

 

Mark was nervously drinking a cup of coffee as he waited for a text from Bambam. It’s a matter that has been bothering him for days. Mr. Joonmyun Kim, an investor who requested to see the Tuan’s commercial land in L.A. wanted the location tour to happen as soon as possible. The man was said to be staying in Los Angeles for a week now and he’s planning to go back in two days. If the man insists, their short vacation will be nonsense. Mark was getting really bothered; he can’t drop this investor.

His phone beeped. With his hands lightly shaking, he managed to press the answer button. “Hello?” he said.

"Good Morning, Mr. Tuan. It’s me Joonmyun." the boy from the other line answered. Mark rise from his seat and walked towards the garden of their house. He needs some fresh air. "Did your assistant already told you about my request?” he added as Mark bit his lips in a very harsh manner.

Mark gulped as the warm air hit his sweaty forehead. “Oh. Yes. Bam already mentioned the details.”

"Great! Mark, I hope you understand. I need to give my dad an assurance that I invested with the right people. And I heard that you’re also going to L.A. with your brother, Jinyoung. What a coincidence! Right timing it is."

 

Right timing your . Coincidence your face. Mark swore at the back of his mind that this Joonmyun guy has a thing for Jinyoung. He can feel it as the other kept in asking about Jinyoung during their previous dinner with Mr. Siwon Choi. It seems like this guy chose their company because of his admiration for the new member of their family. “Yup. Your timing was so right.” he sarcastically replied with a vibrant voice. “But Jinyoung can’t join us during the location tour.” he countered adamantly.

A low questioning sound was heard from the other line. “Oh. But why?”

 

And before Mark could answer with another batch of overly defensive words, a familiar voice echoed from their living room. “Mark!? I’m ready!” Jinyoung called loud enough for Joonmyun to hear. Mark’s expressions got jumbled as he scratched his nape. “He’s going to…he’s going to tour around the city.”

"I can accompany him then."

"No need. I’m his brother and it’s my duty to take care him. Anyway, I need to go. See you tomorrow. Thank you. " and he hanged up. That guy, really! He hissed in annoyance. After a while, he realized that going out for a call didn’t do any good. He went back in, afraid to tell Jinyoung about his new schedule and plans. "Come on!" Jinyoung excitedly cheered. He looked so nice with just a pair of ragged jeans and a blue loose shirt which shows a bit of his collar bones. He’s faultless. Mark thought.

 


The cars along the highway were not in trouble today. There’s no traffic and if this continues, they will reach the airport just right in time. Jinyoung was quietly listening to some music from his phone while calmly looking out the window. Mark thought of it as the perfect timing to tell his plans for the coming night.

He patted the younger’s shoulder to catch his attention. “Yes? ” Jinyoung said upon removing his ear plugs. Mark continued driving as he took a deep breathe. “Are you excited? ” he questioned and Jinyoung beamed. “Yup. But I’m quite scared as well.”

"Just always stay beside me, okay? I’ll take care of you."

 


After an hour, the boys reached the airport. For the first time, Jinyoung was able to experience all the inspection done in there. He saw huge machines and other devices. He was just so amazed. Mark was just behind him, admiring how little things brought too much happiness on Jinyoung. They walked towards a bunch if people and for the first time, Jinyoung was given his own passport and other needed papers for the flight. They waited for few more hours. The younger decided to finish 6 chapters of the book that he was currently reading while the elder talked to his assistant; gave him some orders and asked him to take over some of the unfinished work. Mark promised that Bam will get a bonus for this.

Their flight was being called and as Mark got up, he realized the growing fear written in Jinyoung’s face. The boy got up as well. He took his coat and closed his book. “Don’t be scared, Nyoung. Everything’s fine. We’re going to L.A. to unwind and relax. Stop overthinking.” Mark said as he gripped on Jinyoung’s wrist and pulled him gently towards the door of the holding area.

 

 

As they entered the plane proper, Jinyoung was amazed by all the luxury that his eyes laid on. First class. He felt his breath hitched. All the people seemed to look really rich and he’s sure that their plane tickets are more expensive compared to his soul. Mark gently tugged his hand. “You okay?” he asked.

"Are you sure we’re going to stay here in the first class section?" he asked as he received random stares from different people. He was walking behind Mark as they headed to their chairs.

Mark asked Jinyoung to sit at chair next to the window. “Why? Are you uncomfortable here?” Mark sat beside him.

Jinyoung pouted and shook his head. “No. But I feel like I don’t belong here. Look! They’re staring at me as if I killed their pet.” the voice of the attendant was heard and it was reminding all the passengers about the basic guidelines. Mark furrowed his brows. “Just ignore them. It doesn’t happen during every flight that two glorious human beings are going to be in same travel class as them. Trust me.” and they both giggled.

 

The engines started moving. “Oh my god! My soul is leaving! Mark! I can’t —” Jinyoung exclaimed, gathering a little attention from the other passengers. Mark caressed his hand before looking at the people around them. He bowed to them as a sign of apology. He glanced back to Jinyoung and gave an assuring beam. “Shhh. Calm down. I got you, okay? We’re going to be fine, I promise.”


The hours gone by and by the moment Mark woke up from his deep slumber, the monitor flashed an advisory indicating that they’re about to land in LAX in a few minutes. After almost 13 hours of staying inside the plane, finally, they’re about to get home and allow Jinyoung to rest since he’s waking up every once in a while during the first 5 hours if the flight. At that point, the younger was silently sleeping in his shoulder with his arms circled around Mark’s right arm.

It didn’t took too long for the plane to land safely. “Nyoung, wake up. We’re here.” Mark whispered, patting Jinyoung’s cheeks with a very light force. The other then opened his eyes and rubbed it hardly. Mark swatted his hand away from his eyes. “Hey! Your eyes might get irritated!” he warned. Jinyoung groaned before sitting up straight and patiently waiting for the next advisory.

"Thank you." he muttered.

"For what?" Mark replied, confused.

"For being my personal pillow."

 

 

They got off the plane and went out of the airport. They rode a matte black Mercedes Benz which was owned by the Tuans. Jinyoung couldn’t believe it. How rich can this family still get? The driver was a man around his 60s. “Welcome back, Yi-en!” he greeted.

"Mr. Dan! This is Jinyoung, my brother." Mark said. Jinyoung smiled and bowed. They talked about petty things as they drove towards the Tuan residence. Jinyoung was looking the sights and Mark loved how he looked in that angle. It’s simply breath-taking.

 

"We’re home! " Mark announced upon opening the main door. As expected, the house looks like a palace; just like their house in Seoul. Jinyoung looked around. "No one’s here?" he asked as they headed straight to the guest room.

Mark carried their bags upstairs. “No one stays here for now. The maids come every week to clean but they also leave right away. I lived here when I was still studying and now that I’m working in a different country, this has become a rest house for us.”

Jinyoung’s jaw almost dropped. “You mean this house was done for you? This is yours?” he aggressively asked. Mark happily nodded and unlocked the door of Jinyoung’s room. The area was big enough for him to feel comfortable. It’s clean and fully furnished. He entered and walked straight to the balcony. A refreshing breeze of air welcomed him right away before seeing a very stunning view of the beach below.

Mark placed his bag on the bed. “Liked your room?” he asked and the younger nodded in delight. Maybe this is the right time. He’ll be out in few minutes to meet Mr. Joonmyun, but he’s afraid to leave Jinyoung alone. “Nyoung.” he called. The boy turned around and face him. “Yeah?”

 

The air seemed to thicken. “I have a … I need to go to… “

Jinyoung smiled and unpacked his things. “I know it already. Bam told me about it. Just make sure you’ll be getting enough rest after that. Remember, we’re here to relax.” and that was when Mark felt that Jinyoung cares for him too. He’s just so happy to know it. “I will. We’ll spend more time tomorrow! I promise.” and Jinyoung nodded.

 

 

 

"Good afternoon, Mr. Kim!" Mark welcomed as Joonmyun stepped out of his car. The man still looked the same as how he looked like few days before. They shook each other’s hands and after that, the entire location tour started. Mark came up with a plan that he’ll be extra friendly today.

They are quietly, awkwardly rather, walking around the block. “Where’s Jinyoung?” the other male asked. Mark bit his lips and calmed his inner range. “At home, resting.”

"Can I visit him?"

"He’s resting and I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t like if someone will interrupt his charging time."

"Do you think he’s free tomorrow?"

Mark looked away and rolled his eyes. “We’ll be having a sibling-bonding time.” he answered bitterly. Joonmyun glared at him suspiciously. Uh oh. “I hope you understand, Mr. Kim. We still have to fill up the holes that a 20-year separation drilled.”

And Mr. Kim nodded and smiled at him as they bid goodbye to each other. Another job well done, Mark Tuan.

 


The next day, Jinyoung requested if they could just stay at home since he’s having a jetlag. He’s not feeling well and maybe staying in one place could help lessen it. Mark agreed and looked after Jinyoung during the whole day. But as the sun sets, Jinyoung’s mind changed. “Mark, can we watch the sunset at the beach?” He elder smiled. “Sure.”

They placed a mat and carried a bag of marshmallows alongside with some sticks, chocolate bars, popcorns and two bottles of water. This is how Jinyoung likes it done; not too fancy. Mark likes sunrise and without him knowing, Jinyoung loves watching the sunset. No one bothered to talk. They just allowed everything to sink within their hearts; just feeling it.

 

The sunset hues radiantly reflects on Jinyoung’s face. He’s so beautiful. Mark swore to all the gods that could hear him. He place was now starting to get dark and Mark creates a fire out if random twigs and branches. The waves became an instant addition to make the ambiance a more relaxing one. “Mark…” Jinyoung said, giving a stick with a marshmallow to the elder. He looked up at Jinyoung as they sat across each other. “Aren’t you feeling any disgust towards me?”

Mark placed the mallow in the fire. He furrowed his eyebrows. “Disgust? Of course not! Why would I?”

"Because I fell for a guy before."

Oh. So it’s about Jaebum again. “If I say that I’m falling for a guy, would you be disgusted as well?”

Jinyoung’s heart seemed to abruptly stopped beating. This is just surprising. ” Are you serious?” Mark nodded and munched on the melted mallow. Jinyoung jutted his lips and ate his mallow too. “Nope. But aren’t you feeling uneasy when we’re together?”

Why is Jinyoung suddenly being like this? “Actually, I feel very comfortable with you.” he responded. A light beam appears on the others lips. “Same with me.”

 

Mark laid on the mat and allowed his elbows to support him up. He gazed at the sky which is now starting to be filled with shining stars; it was nice. Then he averted his sight to Jinyoung who was at the midst of munching on some popcorn; he is perfect. He took another mallow and placed it on the stick. Jinyoung stared at him and their eyes met. There was an enigmatic feeling that they both felt and neither of them could explain the reason behind it. It was a look that no one would dare to break. But no matter how they both enjoyed that magical moment, Jinyoung still wants to keep things under his control.

He looked away, embarrassed. His cheeks were cherry red and he needs to hide it from Mark. “Jinyoung, are you happy when we’re together?” Mark asked out of the blue and it caught Jinyoung off guard. He sat up, placed the mallow on fire and allowed it to melt as he highly anticipated for a reply. He’s not expecting too much but it hearing an ‘of course yes’ is too much, then he is.

 

Jinyoung glanced at Mark and his lips slowly curved. “I know it’s weird but, yes.” he answered and Mark couldn’t get any happier. He was stunned by those words and it had him stuck on a state where he’s not sure if he can slip back to reality without deeply digesting every letter of it. “I’m happy when I’m with you. I feel like I’m home.”

 

Mark was so thrilled that he instantly shoved the hot mallow inside his mouth without letting it cool. “!” he yelled as he spitted it out. He can feel the striking pain all over his mouth; mainly on the corner of his lips. Jinyoung sprinted towards Mark and sat in front of him. His fingers touched Mark’s chin until it reached his lips.

"Does it hurt?" he asked. Mark unconsciously shook his head. His eyes were focused on the other’s plump lips and he can feel a weird sensation within him. Jinyoung was so close and he can’t ignore the fact that he’s really dying to do something towards the other at that point. Jinyoung seemed to be lost as well. His fingers still on Mark’s lips. They both lock gazes and lessen the spaces between their faces. Mark’s hand gently cupped Jinyoung’s cheeks. It was like being pulled by a force that they both wanted. Their lips are just centimetres away from each other. Oddly, the younger was the first to close his eyes. Both of them were getting closer by each passing second.

 

And as the cool wind blows, Mark’s lips pressed against Jinyoung’s. The feeling was really good. Mark felt the gentleness deep within the younger’s lips. He was responding to the liplock and Mark felt really really happy that he could feel his heart exploding in every millisecond. Jinyoung loved how Mark’s lips were attached with his. His lips are sweet and soft. None of them wanted to stop. But them being this intimate is something that Jinyoung loves yet hates at the same time.

Jinyoung swiftly pulled away after few seconds. He stared at Mark while panting heavily. His emotions are greatly mixed but there’s a dominance of fear and doubt. Nonetheless, he’ll never regret letting in happen. He suddenly stood up and run back to the house.

 

“Jinyoung!” Mark gathered himself up and followed the other. A short, deep and honest talk will do. He needs to catch Jinyoung. Some feelings needs to be cleared up.

 

 

This is it. There’s no going back, Mark.


 

 

 

an: HI GUYS! SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. :< ANYWAAAAAAAAY, I WANT TO APOLOGIZE IF THERE WERE SOME ERRORS DONE DURING THE PARTS WHEN THEY'RE IN THE AIRPORT SINCE I HAVEN'T TRIED RIDING AN AIRPLANE AND EXPERIENCING THOSE THINGS  YET HAHAHAHA I JUST BASED EVERYTHING FROM THE BOOKS THAT I READ HAHAAHHAHAHAHA. BUT GUYS, A LOT OF MARKJIN HAPPENED FOR THE PAST DAYS ///I CANNOT/// IM SOOOOO DAMN  HAPPY. HAHAHAHHAA. YESSSS! KEEP THE LOVE COMING! THEY'RE ACCEPTED WHOLE HEARTEDLY :))) BTW, AN OCEAN OF THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED 'AD INFINITUM'! SO YEAH! STAY SAFE! LOVE Y'ALL!!! ♥☺