the candy-flavored apology

The Seventeen Compound

Title: The Candy-Flavored Apology
Pairing: Lee Jihoon x Ahn Byul
Supporting Characters: Kwon Soonyoung, Kim Saehyun, Jang Doyoon, Lee Seokmin + more cameos of Seventeen
Genre: Romance, Fluff
Length: Oneshot
Word Count: 1792
Warning(s): -
Author's Note: written in three to our hours because of a burst of inspiration. hahaha.
Description: Because of a misunderstanding, he made his girl upset. What will he do and how can he restore that smile back to her face?


Byul is now trying to call him for the sixth time today, but still no answer. She tried to call or text him since three days ago and she wondered why he's not picking up his call or texts her back. She sighed again and again. "Why is Jihoon oppa not answering my calls?" She thought desperately while walking to school alone for the third time. Jihoon's usually walks to school with her. Now she suddenly missed his laughter and smiles while walking beside her.

 

In fact, Jihoon's really busy preparing for his performance at the school's music and arts festival this weekend. He practiced all day and night. That's why he got no time to check his phone or whatsoever. "Jihoon! Let's practice after lunch later, 'kay." He could hear Soonyoung's loud voice from afar. And you're wondering where Soonyoung is going aren't you? Well, to fetch his girlfriend of course. Yeah, that girl whom he helped at her first day at school.

Now back to Jihoon. Everywhere, no matter where he is, he's still trying to remember his dance steps. "One.. Two.. Three.. Four.. Five.. Six.. Seven.. Eight." He counted slowly while dancing.

"Hey Jihoon! Where's that lovely girlfriend of yours?" Coming out of nowhere, suddenly Wonwoo was already standing beside Jihoon.

"Uh.. Wait--what? Girlfriend? Oh damn it I forgot about Byul! I even didn't walk her to school since three days ago." He panicked and searched for his phone *20 missed call(s)from Byul, 15 new message(s) from Byul* "Oh God, I'm in deep trouble." Jihoon thought to himself. Didn't need to think twice, he immediately searched for his girlfriend. He searched high and low, but Byul's nowhere to be found. He sighed while walking back to his classroom "I guess I'll just go to her house later."

 


 

"Hi Mrs. Ahn, is Byul inside? May I talk to her please?" Jihoon bowed and smiled politely to Byul's mom. He ran as fast as he could to Byul's house because he's really worried.

"Hi dear, you're Byul's boyfriend if I'm not mistaken?" Mrs. Ahn smiled. Jihoon nodded while smiling shyly.

"Aww, kids these days are cute. Anyway Byul's currently busy, I don't know why but she won't tell me, I'm sorry." She continued.

"Is that so? Alright then Mrs. Ahn, sorry for bothering you and have a good day." He bowed again then left. Little that he know, Byul's actually hiding behind the couch. "Thanks mom." She mouthed then ran back to her room. She's just not in the mood to talk to him right now, especially after he ignored all her texts and calls.

The next day, Jihoon came to Byul's class and thank God she was there. "Thank God you're here, I was worried sick about you." He sat on the seat next to her. But she won's say a thing.

"Byul? Your boyfriend is here. Uh... Why aren't you answering me?" He tried to use his cutest face to make her answer but fails miserably.

"I'm not in the mood right now, sorry. And could you please go? My class is starting right now." She replied coldly. Jihoon just looked at her unbelieveably, did she just said that? And told him to go away?

"Mr. Lee Jihoon, my class is about to start right now and so do yours, please go back to your classroom." The teacher, Kang seonsaengnim reminded him.

"Okay, Kang seonsaengnim. Sorry for uh... disturbing your class." He replied awkwardly and went back to his class.

 


 

"Doyoon hyung! Can I switch my performance to a vocal performance instead?" Jihoon smiled as he asked to Doyoon, one of those students who are responsible for the music and arts festival.

"Switching? Why? The vocal spots are currently full." he replied to Jihoon in confusement. And Jihoon hung his head down in disappointment.

"Really? Oka--"

"But I can switch my vocal performance to a dance performance for you." Doyoon grinned.

"Oh my God hyung you're the best!" Jihoon exclaimed as he hugged Doyoon in excitement

"Bye hyung! See you later, I need to practice then!" He continued. Only a chuckle could come out from Doyoon's mouth "Silly kid."

"Seokmin! Can I borrow your guitar please? I'll return it right after lunch ends." Jihoon was catching his breath after running to find Seokmin, one of the school band members.

"Eh? But why though? I thought you have your own guitar?" He replied with a blank face.

"I didn't bring it to school, and I need to practice for my performance now." Jihoon grinned innocently, in hoping his reason is enough to convince Seokmin.

"If that's the case, yeah sure. I've finished practicing. And the guitar's in the music room, enjoy!" While giving his signature grin, he walked away. Leaving Jihoon to run again to the music room alone.

He practiced and practiced until the bell rang. Which means it's time for him to go back to class and stop practicing. After school, he tried to search for Byul but then again she's nowhere to be found. "I guess she already walked home first." He sighed to himself.

And now the situation is the exact opposite. *17 missed call(s) from Jihoon oppa, 29 new message(s) from Jihoon oppa* Byul's phone doesn't stop vibrating since school ends thanks to Jihoon's many calls and texts. "Tsk, now I bet he knows how I feel before." She thought to herself. But still, she doesn't wanna talk to her boyfriend yet.

 


 

Finally, after days of waiting (and practicing for those who'll perform), the day of the music and arts festival is here. Many of the student's parents came. Even the students from other school came too. And there you have Soonyoung walking around in panic, with Saehyun beside her as his assistant (since Jihoon's busy practicing for his own performance). He's one of those students who planned this festival, and he has such a big responsibility. He has to make sure that everything will go smoothly as planned. To make it worst, he has to perform at the closing ceremony. "Dear God, this is more tiring than I thought it would be." He spoke while Saehyun is fanning him with a brochure.

At the end, Byul finally decided to go to the festival. She didn't want to go at the first place, but Saehyun (who's now her friend) forced her to go and she couldn't say no. Sitting on one of the front row seats, Byul is now eating a strawberry candy while waiting for the show to start. At 8PM, the show finally started. Byul recognized the MC as her class president, that diva-ish student who acts more fabulous than most girls named Seunggwan. 

To her surprise, she enjoy watching the performances like the school's band performance. Or the wushu-meets-dancing performance by those transfer students from China and many other spectacular performance. At the backstage, we could see Jihoon peeking from the curtains to see the crowd "I didn't expect it to be this crowded, I guess Soonyoung hyung's advertising skill is jjang." He thought while wiping his sweat, his eyes lay on that girl who's sitting on the front rows. "So she came." He smiled gratefully and that made him more eager in performing and promise to perform his best tonight.

And the moment that everyone's waiting for, it's time for Jihoon's performance now. "He's carrying a guitar? I thought he was preparing a dance performance." Byul is confused, but she couldn't hide her smile in seeing her boyfriend standing on that stage right now. "Hi everyone, I'm Lee Jihoon from class 11-B and I'm here to sing Jung Yeop's I Want To Kiss You. Hope y'all enjoy it so let's get started shall we?" Jihoon spoke while adjusting his sitting position. "I'm also singing this for my special someone." He continued while smiling and looked into Byul's direction. And that made the crowd cheered even more.

 


 

While watching his performance, you can see Byul tearing up a little "I shouldn't have stay mad at him earlier, but I'm grateful to have him as my boyfriend." After his performance ended, there were many cheers and loud screams. "Thank you." That was his last words before he went back to the backstage.

"Did I sang well? Does she realized that I was looking straight at her all the time I was singing? Did I play the guitar correctly?" Jihoon mumbled to himself.

"Don't worry, you performed really well. Did you hear the crowd? It was even more louder than when Seokmin's band performed. And I assure you, your girl was almost in tears while watching you sing." Soonyoung patted his shoulder while grinning.

"Well that's a relief, good luck to you hyung!" He replied. Soonyoung just nodded in response while warming up for his final performance.

Meanwhile, Byul recieved a note from Saehyun. Stating that she must go to the school's rooftop because Jihoon is waiting for her up there. She knew it was a cold day and she immediately went to the rooftop, not wanting Jihoon to wait for a long time. "You finally came." She was greeted with a warm hug from Jihoon the moment she arrived at the rooftop. "I thought you won't come." He continued while embracing her even tighter.

"I-I'm sorry for my behaviour these few days, it's just that I'm so upset that I couldn't spend time for you. Sorry for not answering your calls and replying your texts." She sobbed.

"Hey look, don't cry baby. It's me who's the one who need to apologize. I got too carried away in preparing for my performance, I kinda forgot about you. I'm so sorry for not answering your calls and replying your texts too." Jihoon wiped her tears, and that managed to make her smile a little.

"Now that's better, you look more beautiful when you smile." he smiled sincerely. And oh boy, that made Byul's smile even wider. "Good girl, now do you know when do you look the most beautiful?" Jihoon asked her, a little but noticable mischievous smile can be seen from his lips.

She shook her head "No I don't." Lessening the gap between their face, he inched his face closer to Byul's. "When you blush, baby." He crashed his lips to her lips that made Byul feel her cheeks heating up.

"Hmm... I taste some strawberries?" He grinned at her and made her cheeks flush even more. "Oh I got it! Strawberry flavored candy, to be exact. Am I right?" Jihoon continued to . She can only nod while hiding her pink (or is it red?) tinted cheeks.

"Now let me get a taste of that candy again." And once again, he claimed her so called strawberry flavored lips just like that.