melting the ice (1/2)

The Seventeen Compound

Title: Melting the Ice
Pairing: Hansol Vernon Choi x Park Minjung
Supporting Characters: Ahn Mirae, Jeon Wonwoo, Baek Cheonsa, Yoo Danielle
Genre: Romance, Fluff, Slight Angst(?)
Length: Twoshot
Word Count: 1236 + 1655
Warning(s): -
Author's Note: -
Description: Choi Hansol, the new student from New York is curious on why is the girl sitting next to him rarely talks to him. Park Minjung, the quiet and introverted girl who sits beside Hansol, is wondering why is the boy next to him always greets her and smile even if she doesn't greets him back. Just how will he melt this icy girl?


 

It's been a week since he first moved to Jaehwa Middle School. Hansol is currently getting ready for school. "Bye mom!" He shouted as he grabbed his backpack and exited his house. Today, his mission is still the same like yesterday, to make Minjung smile.

When he arrived at his class, you could hear some squealing and shrieking. Yeah, eventhough he just moved he already has some fangirls thanks to his handsome looks.

"Good morning Minjung!" He smiled to the expresionless girl who's sitting beside him. As always, the girl didn't even bother to greet him back, she looked at the scenery of students who were arriving at the school gates through the window instead.

Hansol himself, is confused on why is he attracted to this quiet girl.

 

"Listen up kids! We have a new student, please come in." Lee seonsaengnim spoke. A quite tall boy who looks Korean-American came in.

"Hi everyone! I'm Hansol Vernon Choi but you can call me Hansol." He bowed politely while smiling.

"Okay, please sit next to Minjung over there." He pointed to a desk near the window. The girl seemed shocked at first, she prefers sitting alone. But this is the teacher's order so she couldn't even protest. And then her poker face came back.

"Hello! I'm Hansol, nice to meet you." He held out his palms, in hoping she would shook it.

She completely ignored him and spoke a soft 'Park Minjung.' and continued staring out to the sky.

"I wonder what made her becomes like this." Ge thinked to himself with a confused face.

 

He always tried to talk to her, but always failed because she simply ignored him like he doesn't exist. She has that kind of aura that attracts him. Even if they haven't talk properly, he feels like there's something behind her cold acts. Finally it's lunch time. "Let's go go go to the cafetaria!" A bubbly and cheerful girl pulled Minjung out of her chair. The girl who was being pulled just replied with a small nod and managed to smile a little. "Oh my God, her smile is pretty. No scratch that, it's beautiful." He thought to himself.

 


 

At the cafetaria, there were many girls asking Hansol to sit with them. But that's not his goal on going to the cafetaria, he wanted to sit with her. So he rejected all of the offers politely and walked to the table where Minjung and her friend is sitting.

"Hello, may I sit here?" He smiled politely.

"Sure! Yes! You can sit here." The bubbly girl beamed. 

"Thank you. I'm Hansol."

"No worries, I know you already. You're the one who sits beside Minjung right? Aww I'm jealous, even she didn't allow me to sit beside her." The girl frowned. "By the way I'm Ahn Mirae but you can call me Rae since it's more simple."

"Okay, nice to meet you Rae." He smiled again before finally digging in to his food.

Suddenly Minjung stood up and walked away. And that made Hansol almost choked up on his own food.

"Where's she going?" He asked confusedly.

"Oh don't worry, she's just going to the restroom."

Hansol nodded in reply. "May I ask why she's like that? I mean it's okay if you don't wanna tell me." He grinned awkwardly. "I must sound like a creepy stalker now"

"Uh.. I'll tell you after school, 'kay? Let's meet at the music room." Rae spoke to him.

"Alright then." He nodded. "Hey, does it takes this long for her to be in the restroom?"

"No, actually she returns quite fast unless....." Thinking hard, her face is now more on a worried state.

"Unless?"

"Oh no, not again." She panicked. "You should go to the girls' bathroom, now. I'll try to find our homeroom teacher." off she goes to only-God-knows-where, in order to find the teacher.

Judging from her facial expression, it seems like she's not lying about a single thing. So Hansol decided to go to the girls' bathroom as soon as possible. Only to see a helpless Minjung laying on the ground. With a red cheeks and wounded arms, seems like she has been hurted badly. ". No. Oh my God." He mentally cursed himself. "Hang on there, I'll carry you to the clinic." He spoke to her while trying to carry her weak body. Worry is now written all over his face.

 


 

There he was, at the school's clinic. Sitting on the chair beside the bed where Minjung is laying. And where in the world is Rae?

"Hansol! Where's Minjung?" Out of the blue, the door burst open. Revealing a worried Rae with a panicked Lee seonsangnim trailing behind. 

"She's here."Hhe pointed to the bed beside him.

"Oh Thank God." She sighed in relief.

"You two, go back to your class, Jung seonsaengnim is replacing me just for today. I'll accompany Minjung from now." Lee seonsaengnim spoke.

Both of them just nodded weakly and bowed. On their way back to the classroom, they chatted for a bit.

"May I know what happened to her? It seems like it's not the first time she's like this."

She sighed deeply. "Do you wanna ditch class? I'm not in the mood to study. Besides, Jung seonsaengnim is so boring."

"Yeah, sure. The class feels different without Minjung too." He frowned.

"Let's go to the rooftop! I'll tell you everything once we got there." She dragged him to the rooftop.

It's a quiet place that Rae usually visits when she's feeling bored. How did she get the key? Well, she's the school owner's daughter.

"Now spill everything." He sat on the floor while leaning to the wall.

"Minjung was actually a cheerful and popular girl. Thanks to her ex-boyfriend who was the school band's vocalist. Her life was almost perfect. She has good grades, loving boyfriend, a best friend and some friends. That only lasted until she entered her final year of junior high school." She sighed again. "Now that her ex-boyfriend graduated, they broke up because he's entering high school and she need to focus on her studies more. And so her ex-boyfriend's fangirls started mocking her that they're happy because of the break up and she's not even worth it for their 'oppa'. Does that even make any sense?" She groaned.

"No it doesn't make any sense at all." He sighed. "And then?"

"Being the one who cannot stand up and defend herself, Minjung just keeps her feelings to herself and she starts becoming more quiet and talks lesser day by day. Well that was her past. But recently, one of her ex-boyfriend's fangirl named Danielle started bullying her with her so-called-gang." 

"Bullying? So you're saying that she got bullied today?" His tone raising, he's still trying to keep calm and not planning to burn that Danielle girl alive.

"Yeah." She nodded weakly.

"Does the teachers know about this?"

"They do, that's why I called Lee seonsaengnim. Danielle's still at detention now. If she bullied once again then she'll get suspended for a week."

"So that means she still has a chance to bully Minjung again?" He asked worrily.

"Sadly, yes she does. Oh seems like class has ended!" Rae spoke as she looked at her watch. "Let's go fetch Minjung!"

Hansol just nodded for a bit. It looks like like he's spacing out. "One more chance huh? I'll never let her get bullied again. Never."