how to melt a girl's heart

The Seventeen Compound

Title: How to Melt a Girl's Heart
Pairing: Choi Seungcheol x Park Songhee (Sierra)
Supporting Characters: Jang Doyoon, Choi Seungmi, Lee Jihoon + more cameos of Seventeen
Genre: Romance, Fluff
Length: Oneshot
Word Count: 2136
Warning(s): -
Author's Note: -
Description: Him, Choi Seungcheol the soccer team captain who has an army of fangirls. Her, Park Songhee aka Sierra the cheerleading squad captain who also has an army of fanboys. Both of them were friends since they were little, they're close. Definitely not just friends, but they're not a couple either. He loved her long enough, but he's scared to confess because it will ruin their friendship. She loved him too but she keeps denying her feelings, fearing that he won't love her back. Just how will confess first and how will this friendship-turned-to-love story work out?


 

It was a wonderful day, a special day to be exact. Because it was the day of the final soccer match between Jaehwa High School and Seungri High School. And Jaehwa High School won easily because of the deadly pair, Seungcheol and Doyoon.

"Woohoo! You aced that game, Seungcheol!" Sierra laughed as she patted Seungcheol's shoulder.

"I know, that means a celebration party at my house. Tonight at 8PM, you all better be there." he pointed to all his teammates and friends.

"Roger that, captain." Doyoon saluted him.

"But seriously, if it wasn't for you, we won't be winning this game." Seungcheol grinned to Doyoon.

While Doyoon just laughed at Seungcheol's word, a petite girl suddenly approached them.

"Seungcheol oppa! You were so cool at the match!" Seungmi said as she hugged his brother.

"Well hello my beautiful sister! I know right, your oppa is always cool." he self-praised himself while hugging her tighter.

"Excuse me, she may be your sister but she is MY girlfriend." Doyoon coughed as he pulled Seungmi to his embrace.

"Doyoon, if you don't wanna die now and still wanna go to the celebration party tonight, you better run now." she laughed, releasing herself from the hug.

Oh you just woken up the sleeping lion, Jang Doyoon. Something bad will happen soon. Just wait and see.

"Jang Doyoon! Who told you to hug my precious little sister like that?! I don't give a damn if you're her boyfriend or my best friend. Touch her like that again and you'll be dead." Seungcheol growled as he's preparing to tackle Doyoon.

"Eomma! I don't want to die young! I still want to have cute babies with Seungmi! Oh my God, help me!" Doyoon screamed in panic as he starts running around the field.

"What did you just said?! Oh man you are so dead." 

 


 

After an hour of running around, Seungcheol finally captured Doyoon who was now laying on the ground.

"We better go there and save your boyfriend's ." Sierra laughed as she pulled Seungmi towards the two guys.

Seungcheol is now sitting on top of Doyoon. Who was laying on the ground, and his face touching the green grass.

"Answer me! Have you actually thinked about having babies with my sister?!" 

"Yes." Doyoon managed to say that out loud. Oh boy that made Seungcheol even more pissed off.

"But I swear I won't do anything to her before we get mar--." Before Doyoon managed to finish his sentence, Seungcheol had already pulled Doyoon's hair as the boy screamed in pain.

"What did you say? Marry her? Over my dead body."

"Seungcheol! Stop it!" Sierra pulled Seungcheol away from Doyoon who's still laying on the ground, faking a sob.

"My best friend is so mean. Why can I peacefully date his sister?" He said while wiping his nonexistent tears.

"Doyoon, are you okay?" Seungmi asked worrily. Oh yeah, she has to call Doyoon without 'oppa'. Simply because her brother told her that she can only call him that.

"Look at me." He cupped her face. "Do I look okay?" 

She shook her head. "No you're not."

Seungcheol is still there, witnessing her sister being lovey-dovey with her boyfriend. Before he even got to tackle Doyoon again, Sierra has already got a grip of his wrist.

"Don't. Just let them be. Even you're cheesy when you're dating someone. Not to mention that you dated more girls than Doyoon did." 

Seungcheol sighed. "Fine. But if he ever do something that will make her cry..."

"I won't hesitate to chop him to pieces." both of them spoke at the same time. Yeah, Sierra was used to hear Seungcheol complaining about his best friend dating his sister.

Seungcheol and Sierra were best friends since a long time ago. Both has the looks, the popularity and even many people thought that they are dating. Until now, they're still best friends. Although deep down inside, they know that they loved each other.

 


 

It was finally the time for the celebration party. Seungcheol has invited all his teammates and close friends to his mansion. It wasn't too crowded, it was just right.

"My room, now! It's game time!" He shouted from upstairs. Only his close friends are allowed to go inside his room, not even his teammates. 

Sierra, Doyoon, Seungmi, Wonwoo, Seunggwan, Eunseong, Soonyoung, Jihoon and Byul were present.

"Awesome! Now let's get in pairs!" Seungcheol spoke in excitement.

"Pairs? Wait does that means I need to be paired up with Wonwoo?" Soonyoung asked in disbelief. Well, the four couples are a male-female couple and they'll be the only male-male.

Seungcheol nodded without any regrets. "Yes."

"Damn. I should've asked some girl to accompany me here." Wonwoo thought sourly.

"That's it! I... Uh... Have some assignments to do! See you all later!" Soonyoung escaped from the room.

"Hey! Wait for me! I.... Have a..... Date! Yes! A date! And I bet she's waiting for me...yeah bye!" Soon after, Wonwoo followed Soonyoung.

"You both are no fun!" Seungcheol shouted and then laughed.

"By the way what are we going to play this time?" Jihoon asked curiously.

"Oh! I have just installed a new karaoke machine, we should try it!" Seungcheol suggested.

In no time, they were all singing and dancing to 'I Got A Boy'. Well, it was Seunggwan's request afterall. Both Seunggwan and Eunseong danced like no tomorrow.

"Okay you two, show time's over. Now it's my time to shine." Seungcheol announced as he click a song and getting ready to perform.

"What will he sing and dance to?" Sierra asked to Doyoon.

"You have to wait and see. He always sings to it after a soccer match." He laughed.

"Let me show you on how to melt a girl's heart."

"Ice cream Ice cream I'll melt you down like ice cream.

Ice cream Ice cream I'll melt you down like ice cream."

The intro of Hyuna's song can be heard through the room.

"Seriously? Literally melt them as in you're gonna sing this? Oh my God, you never change in all those years." Sierra laughed as she heard Seungcheol's singing.

"This is so embarrassing to watch." Seunggwan yawned as he closed his eyes and rested his head on Eunseong's shoulder.

While Jihoon was recording the special performance with his phone, the others were laughing their hearts off. It was definitely an enjoyable performance. Finally he ended his performance. "How was it?" He grinned.

"Awesome!"

"It was great!"

"I thought you can't dance."

"You danced to girl group songs better than me."

He bowed to all of them and sat on the floor. "Now let's play Truth or Dare!"

"Last game, and after this let's sleep." Seunggwan suggested. He was already sleepy so he layed his stomach on the floor.

"You sleepyhead." Eunseong mumbled as she sat on top of him.

"What the--- get off me, Eunseong! I'm not a chair!" He complained.

"Aww those two and their neverending fights. Now you go first Seungcheol hyung! Truth or Dare?" Jihoon asked.

"Dare." He replied calmly.

A smirk can be seen in Jihoon's face. "Confess to the girl you like. Right here, right now."

 


 

"Confess.. What?!" Seungcheol almost choked on his cola. Did Jihoon just gave him a dare to confess to a girl right now?

Actually, only Jihoon knows that Seungcheol likes Sierra and vice versa. Well, simply because Seungcheol always told him about it and how he wants to confess but he can't. Seems like Jihoon's giving him a chance to confess now.

"You heard me. Confess. Now." Jihoon smirked at Seungcheol's direction.

"Fine." Seungcheol answered as he moved closer to where Sierra is sitting.

"What?" Surprised at Seungcheol who's suddenly sitting beside her, Sierra raised her eyebrows.

"I want to confess." Seungcheol sighed. He was not ready for this. Damn that Jihoon.

"Seriously?" Her heart started to beat faster. Oh how she hates it when he's the one who's able to do this.

Jihoon and the others was watching them quietly. Absolutely curious on what will happen next.

Seungcheol nodded for a bit and then starts speaking. "Yes. Ever since we first met, ten years ago at that park where our families was having a picnic, I've liked you since then. When I slowly grew up, the feeling has changed into love. I know it's wrong, really wrong so I started being a player and dated some girls here and there to forget you but seeing you everyday makes it even worse. I didn't want to ruin our friendship and I thought you'll hate me if I say this, I love you Park Songhee."

"I....." Sierra was speechless. Especially after Seungcheol called her Park Songhee, her real name. He only called her that when he's really serious about what he's talking about. Shouldn't she be happy about this? That he loves her too? Yes she is, but what will other people think? She will feel inferior if she dated him. Heck, she already felt inferior just by being his best friend. Park Songhee never felt proud about herself, she always felt inferior, lacking and never good enough for the people around her. Although she smiles often, she did it to hide her worries. A single tear fell down to her cheeks.

"Why are you crying?" Seungcheol asked worrily. Before he managed to wipe it off her face, Sierra already exited the room in a hurry.

"Seungcheol... I'm sorry, I didn't thought it would end up like this..." Jihoon apologized.

"It's alright, no one is at fault. Maybe she needs some time, and I guess it's already time for her to know my real feelings."

That night, Sierra cried herself to sleep. And she couldn't slept well either.

 


 

The next morning, at 5:30AM someone was knocking onto Sierra's balcony door. "Who the hell would knock the door this early?!" She thought as she woke up and began walking towards the door. Her eyes were still puffy after all the crying.

"Unless....." She pulled aside her door's curtain, revealing a sleepless and tired Seungcheol. "Choi Seungcheol." Her heart softened after seeing him and It looks like he didn't get any sleep last night.

"Could you open the door please?" hY mouthed. "Wait.. Why does her eyes looks puffy? Did she... cried herself to sleep?"

"Oh right, the door." She immediately opened the door. "What brought you here this early, huh?" She crossed her arms.

"I've got something to show you." He smiled. "Let's go." He pulled her towards the balcony.

"But I'm still in my sleepwear! And how are we going to go down from here?" Ahe pouted. 

"Park Songhee, please give me one reason for me not to love you." He mumbled after seeing her lips pouted cutely.

"What?"

"Uh.... Nothing! I already prepared a ladder and I'm still in my pajamas too." He grinned.

And there they go, Seungcheol still in his PJs and Sierra in her sleeping gown.

"Anyway where are we going?" Sierra asked as she sat on the passenger's seat of Seungcheol's car.

"You'll see it soon." He said as he smiled at her.

 


 

The two finally arrived at their destination. It was a beautiful park where they first met each other. Exactly ten years ago.

"This park...." Sierra stared in awe. It haven't changed for a bit in those ten years. Memories started flooding her mind.

"What are you doing? Come here!" Seungcheol laughed as he pulled her to one of the hills and they sat down on the green grass. "Do you like this place?"

Sierra nodded weakly. Tears were visible in her eyes, though it haven't fall down yet.

"Hey... Don't cry.. I'm sorry.. You must be still in shock after what I said last night, right?" He cupped her face, wiping those tears that finally fell.

"It's not about that... I'm happy that you like-- no, loved me back.. It's just that I feel like I'm not good enough for you." She looked down, sobbing softly as tears continued to stream down her cheeks

"Don't say that. I promise I would change for you, no more cassanova Seungcheol. Plus, if I have you I don't need any other girls because I only need you."

Sierra chuckled softly, touched at his sweet words. "You're always the sweet talker, Seungcheol."

"I know I am." He carefully laid her head on his shoulder. Held her hands and intertwining their fingers together.

"I love you, Park Songhee." He smiled and softly kissed her forehead.

"I love you too, Choi Seungcheol." She also smiled, and looked at the sun who was slowly rising.

The two soon forgot that it was Monday, forgot about their worries, forgot about their ten year friendship while looking at the beautiful sunrise. All they care about is that now, they both loved each other and they know it.