melting the ice (2/2)

The Seventeen Compound

When Hansol and Rae arrived at the school's clinic, they found out that Minjung is no longer there.

"Where's Minjung?" They both gasped.

"Minjung went home a couple of minutes ago." Han euisanim answered.

"Home? Alone? She should've wait for me first." Rae sighed.

"Now what?" Hansol spoke. "Why would she go home alone in that condition?"

"Well that's Minjung, as stubborn as ever." She shrugged. "I'll just go to her house. You can go home now."

 


 

Hansol decided to walk home for today. He told his driver that he wants to walk home to clear up his mind. On his way home, he realized something. He just moved here a week ago and being the one who's bad with directions, he haven't memorized all the directions back to his house. "Damn it." He cursed while kicking some pebbles. On a dark alley, he could hear someone talking and laughing. "Oh look what we have here. Park Minjung again? Let's see if you can still show that poker face without screaming in pain." Danielle laughed mockingly.

"Park Minjung? Don't tell me Minjung bumped into that girl on her way home. It must be a different Minjung, right?" He mumbled to himself. Just to make sure, he decided to go into that dark alley. Only to see Minjung getting surrounded by those girls. "Stay away from her. Unless you want me to tell the teachers about this, I suggest you all to run." Hansol spoke as he protectively stood in front of her. Soon after, the girls run as fast as they can. Well that was easy.

Without saying thanks or whatsoever, Minjung quickly walked away from him.

"Where do you think you're going?" He grabbed her wrist.

"Leave me alone." She spoke in a very low volume that it almost came out as a whisper.

"Leave you alone? How can I leave you alone when you're almost getting beaten up by those girls for the second time today?" He answered in rage and yes he's pissed off. Why can't she just say a simple thank you?

On the other hand, Minjung was about to cry. Seems like he had crossed the line a little bit.

"Hey.. I'm.. I didn't mean to talk at you like that..." Hansol suddenly felt guilty. His goal was to make her smile but now it's like he made her cry. Which was the total opposite of his goal.

He pulled her to his warm embrace. And that made all her tears fell. "It's alright.. Just cry and let it all out.." He carressed her back.

After a while, she stopped crying. "Thank you. And sorry for making your uniform wet because of my tears." She looked down, you could see her blushing a little.

He smiled widely. "You're very welcome. Let me take you home, okay?"

She slightly nodded while still looking down. Hansol decided to call his driver to pick him up since he don't want to get lost again.

"Now let's wait for my driver to come." He sat on a nearby bench as he patted the empty spot beside him, signalling her to sit beside him.

As she sat down, Hansol's phone rang. "Rae?" He spoke to the other line.

"Minjung's not at her house right now, she hasn't even arrived yet" 

"Don't worry, she's with me now" 

"With you? Thank God"

"Yeah, I'll tell the details later because my driver's here. Bye!" 

 


 

Hansol and Minjung got close after that incident. Though she still wouldn't talk much, at least she always greets him back.

"Good morning Minjung!" He grinned.

"Good morning Hansol." She replied.

"Do you know what day is it today?"

"It's Monday".

"Incorrect." He laughed. "It's my birthday today, and I want you to come to my birthday party tonight." He whispered.

"Me?"

"Yes you, I only invited you and Rae from this class. So you better come." He laughed.

She managed to nod while hiding her smile behind the palm of her hand, pretending to yawn. Somehow, his smile made her smile too.

Later that day, you could see Minjung rummaging her wardrobe in a hurry.

"What should I wear, Rae?" She asked to Rae who was putting on her makeup. Yeah, she was way prepared than Minjung.

"Just use that floral skirt with a white shirt. Add some necklace and you're ready to go." Rae suggested.

Minjung gets dressed in a hurry and let Rae do her makeup. Why is she in a hurry? Well, because Hansol's driver already arrived and is ready to take them to his house. Hansol specially asked his driver to take them to his house just to make sure they'll come to his party.

 


 

Once they arrived, both couldn't help but to stare in awe at Hansol's huge house. The moment they stepped into his house, they were greeted by the birthday boy.

"Welcome to my birthday party." He smiled. It's not too crowded, but not too quiet either.

"Hansol! I'm sorry we didn't bought any presents for you since you just told us this morning about your birthday." Rae spoke. "Anyway happy belated birthday." She hugged him for a second and then walked her way to the food section.

"And......?" He raised his eyebrows, expecting Minjung to say a birthday greeting for him.

"Happy birthday" She smiled.

Eventhough it's just a short 'happy birthday' it made his heart beats a million times faster. Especially after she just smiled at him. He made her smile. He reached his goal and he was beyond happy. He unconsciously hugged her and mumbled a simple thank you.

Minjung was startled at his sudden hug. But she didn't pushed him away or anything. She simply stood there, actually enjoying his embrace.

Finally regaining his sanity back, he pulled away from the hug and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Uh... There's still half an hour to go before I perform my special birthday performance so... you can walk around here or eat something while waiting..." He smiled. "And I need to greet the other guests so see you around." He winked and before he finally walked away.

Little did he know, he successfully made the girl blushed madly. Thirty minutes has passed and now it's time for Hansol's special performance.

"Attention to all the guests, please go to the backyard as soon as possible since Hansol's going to perform soon. Thank you." Cheonsa aka Hansol's cousin spoke through the microphone.

Soon, all the guests filled the once quiet backyard. And it was a pretty scenery since there were lights and lanterns shining everywhere.

"I wonder what kind of performance will he show us." Rae spoke to Minjung who's now standing on the front row, the nearest to the small stage.

"Yeah, me too." Minjung replied as she's now looking onto Hansol who's preparing his mic on the stage.

"Uh... Hi everyone! Thanks for coming to my birthday party and thanks for the wishes too. This will be like a dance, sing and rap performance. I hope you all enjoy it and have a wonderful night." He spoke while smiling before finally preparing for his perfomance.

(a/n: he'll be singing to this song. I hope you all will listen to it while reading)

Hansol danced, rapped and sang his whole heart out that night. And while he was dancing, he won't forget to look at her, Park Minjung. On the other hand, Minjung who realized that he's been looking straight into her direction since the start of his performance tried her best to not smile. And her heart started beating rapidly.

His performance came to an end, you can hear the guests cheering for him. "Thank you." He said before getting down the stage.

Without letting her to answer, he had already pulled Minjung to the other side of the backyard. "I wanna show you something."

Soon enough, they arrived at the greenhouse. He clicked the switch, and colorful lights surrounding the greenhouse could be seen.

"How is it?" He asked to her in hoping she would like his surprise.

"Beautiful..." She whispered. Still in awe of the scenery right in front of her.

"Just like you." He smiled. "Anyway I brought you here to tell you something."

"Hmm?"

"I like you, Park Minjung. Ever since the day I stepped into that class, I'm attracted to you. Even if you were quiet at first, that didn't make me give up, right?" He held both of her hands, intertwining their fingers togethers.

"Yeah..." She managed to say that before looking away, hiding her flushed cheeks.

"I know that it's not love yet, it's too soon to say that. But I can promise you that it will turn to love sooner or later. We just knew each other for weeks but my heart can't stop beating faster when I'm with you." He looked into her eyes, searching for answers.

Minjung finally looked back at him, now smiling. "So what you're trying to say is......?"

"Would you be my girlfriend, Park Minjung?" He knelt down, grabbed a nearby flower and smiled to her.

She nodded to him, accepted the flower and smiled again. "Yes I will."

Hansol pulled her into his warm embrace. That made her smile even more.

"Excuse me, we were in this place first." Two heads popped out from behind the trees.

"Cheonsa noona! Wonwoo hyung! W-what are you doing here?" Hansol was stunned at what he saw. While Minjung is hiding behind his back.

"We saw everything, we heard everything." They both laughed while both Hansol and Minjung were smiling shyly, realizing that other people saw their sweet moment.

"Now let's go back, shall we? Unless you want to hear your mom nagging then let's go!" Cheonsa grabbed Wonwoo's hand and pulled him out of the greenhouse.

As for the other two, both were still smiling while quietly trailing behind. "You're the best gift that I ever received, Park Minjung."