guitars & roses (1/2)

The Seventeen Compound

Title: Guitars & Roses
Pairing: Hong Jisoo (Joshua) x Woo Jangmi
Supporting Characters: Lee Seokmin, Cha Yikyung, Bu Seunggwan, Yang Eunseong + more cameos of Seventeen
Genre: Romance, Fluff
Length: Twoshot
Word Count: 1006 + 1987
Warning(s): -
Author's Note: -
Description: A story about two strangers who met for the first time. But it feels like they've known each other for a long time. "I don't know why but the moment I looked at him, ah so it's him who keeps appearing in my dream." "The moment she stepped in, I feel like she's the one whom I've been looking for."


 

"Jisoo, wake up dear! Now's the time for school!" Jisoo's mom shouted from the other room. After a few rolling-around-the-bed session, Jisoo finally woke up.

"Another strange dream, why do I kept dreaming about a girl in a field of roses?" He thought while messing his hair in frustration. 

"Hong Jisoo! You better wake up now or you'll be late for school!" His mom shouted once again.

"Oh yeah, school." Almost forgeting that it was Monday, he finally rose up from bed and went straight to the bathroom.

 


 

"Hey! What's up guys?" Jisoo said as he went to the table where his friends were sitting.

"We're always fine." Seokmin grinned. "Are you still dreaming about that girl?"

He simply nodded while eating his lunch. "Yeah, it's not that I'm complaining though. Because I get more inspiration to write a song." He laughed.

"A song? Sing it to us please." The girls, Yikyung and Eunseong joined them as they repectively sat beside their boyfriends.

"Sing? It's not even finished yet, I've just written some lines." He answered.

"Don't be such a party pooper, I'm sure it would sound great. Now sing." Seunggwan said as he casually clings to Jisoo.

"Fine, but get off me first or I won't sing." At last, he agreed. And as Seunggwan stopped clinging, Jisoo began to sing.

"Dream girl, seems like I can touch you but I can't.

Dream girl, every night I wait for you like this.

Dream girl, you sweetly whisper love to me.

Then you disappear in the morning, dream girl."

"Wow! It sounds awesome!" The four of them cheered and clapped their hands.

"Really?" He laughed awkwardly. "It's not even finished yet. Well, thanks anyway! I'm gonna go to the music room first so catch y'all later."

Before the four managed to say anything, Jisoo already disappeared to the music room.

Until the bell rang, all he did was writing those lyrics while playing his guitar in the music room. "I still wonder why I dreamed of that girl." Jisoo thinked to himself before finally leaving.

When he arrived at his classroom, he received a note on his table. 

"Go to my house after school, 'kay? We have band practice just in case you forgot. -Seokmin"

And so after school ends, he immediately went to Seokmin's house.

 


 

On the other side of the city, Woo Jangmi is still sleeping silently at her room. She doesn't have to go to school today, because she's currently having a flu so that's why she's taking a rest all day. 

"Jangmi, wake up! You need to drink medicine." Her mom enters the room. But she's still sleeping, yeah she's a heavy sleeper.

After a few tries of pulling her blanket, splashed some warm water to her face and tickling sessions, her mom finally woken Jangmi up.

"Alright mom, I'll go downstairs in a moment." She spoke under the pillow.

As her mom went out from the room, she finally rose up from bed while still in a daze.

"Another weird dream, this time the guy is singing something." She thinked hard to herself, but still couldn't figure out what was her dream about. 

"By the way! Your school document is ready, you'll be moving to your new school next week!" Her mom shouted from downstairs.

She almost forgot that she'll be attending a new school. Mainly because she got bullied in her previous school. But being the one who defends herself when needed, she fights back and those bullies got kicked in the by her instead. Her parents though, decided that it's better for her to move to another school since they're worried that she might get bullied again. And she was the type who just go with the flow so she agreed to move to another school.

"I hope my new school would have a lot of friendly people." She muttered under her breath before finally going to the bathroom to wash up.

 


 

A week later, on a busy Tuesday, Jisoo was still dreaming about that girl (whom now he calls as his dream girl, since it inspired him to write that song). His song is almost done, and he may perform it at the school's music and arts festival which will be held this weekend.

"Seokmin! Ready for band practice?" He asked to Seokmin who's still drinking his favorite apple juice.

"Band practice? Damn it, I forgot about that. Did you brought any spare guitars? I lend my guitar to Jihoon." Seokmin grinned innocently.

Jisoo nodded in reply. "Sure, it's in my car. Go get it yourself." He laughed as he threw his car key to Seokmin's direction.

After thirty minutes, Seokmin finally returned with a guitar in his hands. "Your car was so hard to find. Why didn't you tell me that it's parked in the east wing? We're in the west wing, for God's sake." He complained while he was still catching his breath.

"Sorry." Jisoo laughed. "By the way the bell already rang, let's just practice in my house later."

"What the heck? So what's my purpose in running around in the parking lot trying to find your car then?" 

"For exercising." He laughed then patted Seokmin on the shoulder.

While Seokmin is still in a midst of a mental breakdown. "What the... Hey! Wait for me!" Soon, he ran after Jisoo while carrying a guitar in his hands.

 


 

The day has finally arrived. Jangmi's first day at her new school. It was a beautiful Wednesday morning. She's currently putting on her uniform while humming into a tune. A tune that she heard in her dream.

"Dream girl, lalalalalalalalalala.

Dream girl, lalalalalalalalalalala."

And yes, her dream got clearer day by day. But she still couldn't see the face of the guy in her dream. One thing for sure, he's playing a guitar.

"Jangmi! The car is ready, you better hurry dear." Her mom shouted from downstairs.

"Wait a second, mom! I'll get going!" She answered as she grabbed her backpack and went out from her room.