bittersweet

The Seventeen Compound

Title: Bittersweet
Pairing: Jeon Wonwoo x Baek Cheonsa
Supporting Characters: Kim Mingyu
Genre: Romance, Sad
Length: Oneshot
Word Count: 1644
Warning(s): -
Author's Note: -
Description: Blood, murmurs and her delicate hands. Those were the last things that Wonwoo saw, heard and felt before his visions turned black.


The Han river park was filled with families taking their weekend walks, couples riding those cute bikes or people who came alone just to admire the scenery. Near the playground where kids were playing happily, we could see a happy couple; sweetly smiling to each other as they talked. Jeon Wonwoo was already 23 years old, fresh out of college as he already took a spot as the general manager of his friend's restaurant. While Baek Cheonsa wasn't satisfied with her Bachelor of English language degree, she decided to enter the graduate school of SNU.

"Happy 7th anniversary, my lady." Wonwoo smiled, grabbing something from his right pocket before kissing her lightly on the lips.

"Happy anniversary too." Cheonsa smiled back at him, her dimples were clearly visible as her head tilted to the left. "What's that?" Fingers pointing to his hands that were hiding something, and her instinct felt that it was something important.

"Turn around." He instructed, which made her immediately turned around as she was curious on what did he prepared for that special day. He brushed off her pearl black hair, it was shining as the sun shined brightly at it. He slowly put the newly bought necklace to her neck, the small white angel ornament that was decked with diamonds complimented her white skin and at that moment he believed that she is, indeed a white angel.

A wide smile made it's way to her lips as she touched the necklace, Cheonsa was nearly in tears as she faced him again. "Thank you." She whispered before she threw her arms to his neck, hugging him tightly. Seeing her postive reaction, it made him even more sure of his decision later, to ask her if she's willing to be Mrs. Jeon. Yes, he'll propose to her at 7PM straight.

Walking through the busy streets, Wonwoo and Cheonsa was about to eat lunch as they walked gleefully, hand in hand as they Wonwoo stole a glance to her every once in a while.

"What? Do I look funny?" She chuckled, her eyebrows raising as she crossed her arms.

"If funny means beautiful in your dictionary then, I guess you do look funny." He stuck out his tongue, laughing wholeheartedly until she hit his arms lightly.

"You and your cheesy words, you would never stop doing it, don't you?"

"Yes I won't." He hugged her from behind, her face heated up, ears turning red because of his actions as some people who were passing by were cooing at them, telling how sweet they were.

She managed to escape from his tight embrace as she lightly ran, "Catch me if you can." She laughed, crossing a road without looking both ways as a car sped up to her direction.

"Cheonsa! Wait!" Wonwoo ran as fast as he could, his arms were tightly gripping her waist once he caught her and pushed both of them out of the road. But his body landed hard on the ground, his head bumped into the hard sidewalk as blood started to run down from the back of his head. It took a while for Cheonsa to realize what was happening, she turned around to see an unconscious Wonwoo laying in the ground.

"Oh my God." She gasped, her visions blurred because of the tears that was b in her eyes. It doesn't took long until those tears finally poured to her cheeks. Her body was terribly shaking as she gently moved his bleeding head to her lap, shher left hand was holding his hands while her remaining hand was searching for her phone, dialling 119 as more tears dropped to her phone's screen. She didn't care that her dress was now stained with his blood, or her eyeliner that was smudged with tears, all she wanted to do was to go to the hospital so he could get treated properly. "Wonwoo, hang in there, please."

 


 

Wonwoo's eyes slowly lit up, he felt that the oxygen mask was the one that made him stayed breathing as he recognize those familiar white walls. "Hospital...." He suddenly remembered what happened, his head was hurting badly although now it was bandaged. His eyes searched the room, looking for that particular someone. "Where's Cheonsa?"

She stepped out of the bathroom, all clean after taking a hot shower. Her eyes doubled in size as she saw a conscious Wonwoo, who weakly smiled at her. "You're awake!" Throwing away the towel that was covering her hair, she walked to his side as she caressed his hands.

"Yes, I'm awake." He replied shortly, getting rid of the oxygen mask before his eyes trailed to her arms that were severely bruised, but it wasn't as bad as his once-bleeding-head. "You're hurt."

"Me? Hurt? My arms are just bruised, don't worry. You should worry about yourself." Cheonsa sighed, she couldn't believed that out of all that has happened, he was worried over her bruised hands rather than himself. She was touched as tears began to brim in her eyes, again.

"Cheonsa.... Don't cry..." As if the pain in his head were gone, seeing her cry definitely hurted him more than the head injury he was having.

She tried to smile, nodding to herself but those tears kept flowing. "You know... For all these hours, I could only pray and pray for you to wake up. But now that you've woken up, you're worrying about me?!" 

"Yes, because I love you." He replied, looking straight into her eyes as she wiped off her tears.

"That's my point! I love you too, and that's why you need to worry about yourself first!" Cheonsa retorted, she was actually mad at how selfless he could be.

"The reason why I'm here, with my head being bandaged and all.. It's because of you. You could've been in my place right now if I didn't saved you!" Wonwoo shouted back at her, and that made her grew silent as she looked down.

"Alright... So it's my fault? I'm sorry." She said in a low voice that it almost came out as a whisper, burying her face inside her palms.

Wonwoo sighed, maybe he was being too much. "Baek Cheonsa, look at me." His voice came out as calm, but stern. After a while, she had gathered up courage to face him. "Come closer." He mouthed. She stood up from her seat and leaned in to him as instructed.

"What?"

"I love you." He said before leaning in as he pulled her chin until their lips met. The kiss was sweet and tender as he couldn't hide that smile away during the kiss. He pulled away with a big smile plastered on his lips, eyes glancing at the clock when he searched for something from his pocket, silently hoping that it didn't fell during the accident.

When he finally got a grip of the thing that he searched for, he took it out slowly, making Cheonsa's eyes grew wide in shock. A silver ring with an infinity symbol encircling the ring with diamonds crowned on top of the symbol, it wasn't the fanciest ring, but it has a deep meaning for both of them.

"Remember this ring? When we were window shopping yesterday, you said that you liked this ring the most." Wonwoo smiled. He knew about her obsession with the infinity symbol, and also about that boy group named Infinite, the reason why she liked that symbol in the first place.

"Yes, I remember." She nodded, didn't thought that he would actually buy it for her.

"Aren't you curious why I bought this ring?" He asked as she replied with a nod. "Well...." He bit his bottom nervously, his heart raced like the first time he confessed to her.

"What? Tell me."

"This isn't the ideal propose that I nor you dreamed of. I had considered this for a long time until I'm finally sure about this decision. You're the only person that can make me happy as I am now, the one that changed me from a cassanova to a loyal boyfriend and also the one that made me sacrifice myself for you, only you." He explained thoroughly, leaving Cheonsa to grit her teeth to hold her tears from flowing. "I can't imagine a day of my life without you, would you be my wife, my dear white angel?" His words were almost lyrical and it sounded like music to her ears, his voice was huskier than usual, probably because of the medicine or only-God-knows-what. But there's one thing for sure, she liked it.

"Yes." Cheonsa answered as he put the ring on her left hand's ring finger and it perfectly fits her finger. Wonwoo pulled the nape of her neck slowly until their foreheads touched each other. His fox-like eyes were intently staring at her eyes, she felt her legs becomes weak as she put both of her hands on the bed, supporting her weight. He could felt her rapid breathing as a sweat trailed down from her temple.

"I love you and I will never get tired of saying this." He whispered before tilting his head and kissed her again. Instinctively, she closed her eyes as he pulled her closer. He was nibbling her bottom lip lightly until the door burst out open, revealing Mingyu who almost screamed as he shut his mouth with his palm. Cheonsa immediately pushed herself off of him, her face was completely red out of embarrassment as Wonwoo chuckled lightly, his lip before he sent her a wink which made her blush even more.

"Oh my God-- I'm sorry I-- didn't mean to um... you know... I thought that Wonwoo was unconscious before but-- you're awake now! And healthy.... I guess, okay sorry!" Mingyu yelped before dashing out of the room, terribly embarrassed of what he just saw.

"So.. where were we, Mrs. Jeon?"